mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

that sculpture looks more like George W Bush :lol:

I doubt that such a revelation will affect his career much. Happens a lot these days in the modern media.

Margaret Tyzack, star of the Forsyte Saga, and more recently seen in EastEnders, has died aged 79.

She also played the part of Annie Morgan in the Quatermass TV series in 1979, as well as a host of other parts in a career spanning the period 1956 to 2011.

A complete list can be found here.

Shame, she was great in I Claudius.

She was flagged up in February and April on the forum too.

79 year old Margaret Tyzack has joined Eastenders' cast. Old enough to have appeared in a leading role in the original Forsythe Saga on BBC 1, and well-enough stacked with theatrical plaudits to be obit-worthy.

Obviously, she's healthy enough to be insurable...for now.

She's lasted just one episode.

"The character made her debut in last Tuesday's episode ... but the actress is now said to have left the soap due to a "personal matter".

Replaced with an 83 year old who has lengthy form in soapland. Doubtless the "personal matter" involved Tyzack's theatrical pedigree and "wrap and run" ethos of Eastenders shooting.

I'm assuming the "personal matter" was slightly more serious after all.

Former jockey and Rupert Grint's body double, Richard Fox has died after collapsing 2 months ago.

Joe Allen six weeks dead, but that doesn't stop the Telegraph storming in with another story of British spunk under-fire in WW2.

Joe Allen six weeks dead, but that doesn't stop the Telegraph storming in with another story of British spunk under-fire in WW2.

That reminds me, the last man to escape from Dunkirk

Bill Lacey died recently aged 91.I don't think anyones mentioned it yet

Actress Claudia Bryar has died at 93.She might be remembered best for her role as Ms Emma Spool in Psycho 2 and 3

We have a winner. This week's Alfred Russel Wallace Memorial Spot The Priority Prize goes to:

10 hours earlier...

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=161409

Davey Jones'...

Today, 03:23 AM

Post #172

Tom Kruse is dead (not that one): http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/30/3257508.htm

regards,

Hein

The designer of the Desert Boot, Nathan Clark has put his foot in it for the last time, aged 94...

Otto Von Habsburg, eldest son of the last emperor of Austria, has died in Germany aged 98.

Of interest to a handful of DDP teams, but not any of the front runners.

That well-known, first with the news and would have been 50 last week, Diana In Heaven is reporting the death of Anna Massey. Can't find anything more about it yet other than noticing that Wikipedia is referring to her in the past tense.

ETA: BBC obit here

That well-known, first with the news and would have been 50 last week, Diana In Heaven is reporting the death of Anna Massey. Can't find anything more about it yet other than noticing that Wikipedia is referring to her in the past tense.

I'm fairly sure she's a miss...

EDIT: I checked, she isn't.

I'm fairly sure she's a miss...

I'm starting to think we might never get a 'hit' again.Today is the 100th day without one-first time thats happened since january 6th 2004 !

Incidentally Anna Massey is the 2nd actress to play the part of Margaret Thatcher to die in recent weeks while the real one lingers on..It's almost as if God is toying with us

Otto Von Habsburg, eldest son of the last emperor of Austria, has died in Germany aged 98.

He was quite a significant historical figure though wasn't he?

He was quite a significant historical figure though wasn't he?

Hardly; EMPs rarely are.

I suppose his most remarkable achievement is dying on the same date as John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe, the second, third and fifth US presidents, respectively.

His father was of some historical historical significance, though.

regards,

Hein

Gordon Tootoosis

The Canadian actor has died aged 69. I was trying to recall where I knew him from (his name is not easily forgotten!) and realised it would probably be from his appearance in "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" (the 2002 version). He was of Cree and Stoney descent, his great-grandfather being Yellow Mud Blanket, brother of the Cree chief Poundmaker "who played a pivotal role in the Northwest resistance of 1885".