Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

Doesn’t seem fair to do this to the guy until all the facts are known and due process has taken place.

• Like 1

Can Israel go somewhere and try to be likeable for more than 10 seconds? Like all Israel had to do for this to be a pr win was to just go to the eurovision and act normally. But no, instead they had to engage in shenanigans like getting people disqualified and possible vote rigging.

If they win there will be tremendous riots in Malmo.

Israel is a terrorist state that hasn't gotten long left now. And their terrible diplomacy is playing a direct role in their fate.

On social media part of the Israeli delegation have been bullying and threatening other countries on social media. Things being said include:

About Greece - "Representatives of Greece, I hope you slept well at night"

About Netherlands - "No anti-semitic has the right to sing or breathe next to us and won't come close." and "The Dutch representative doesn't like us and asked us not to take his picture"

Ireland - "Not a friend" and "Also scares me a little on full moon nights"

Also seen something about Spain being threatened.

• Like 2

Ofcourse, we don't know what has occured and the investigation is still ongoing, but the way in which this had been handled by the EBU could at the least be called very poor.

A cancelled performance on friday, not a single clear statement by the organisation for half a day, resulting in endless speculation about Joost Klein and what might have happened.

As a dutchman, I could ofcourse be seen as partial; I like Europapa as it is a happy, nostalgic and emotional song, as well as totally different than all of our post-Duncan Laurence entries. I am however trying to look impartially at the whole affair.

If the alleged threatening of a member of the organisation has indeed occured, it would be quite bad and measures should be taken. But until the police has investigated the allegations and concluded there's at least any truth to it all, any action and / or punishment against the Dutch entry would be quite bluntly, a disgrace.

• Like 1

I wonder if some of the other delegations will refuse to participate now. They could easily break the competition by refusing to go on stage just as they are called.

(We all know how the Israeli secret service work, wouldn't surprise me if there have been shenanigans - idle speculation obviously).

3 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

On social media part of the Israeli delegation have been bullying and threatening other countries on social media. Things being said include:

About Netherlands - "No anti-semitic has the right to sing or breathe next to us and won't come close." and "The Dutch representative doesn't like us and asked us not to take his picture"

I've also seen something about Spain and Ireland in the last 12 hours. 

Again, there have been some reports of audience members subjected to harassment. However, EBU's zero tolerance doesn't extend quite that far.

All this could have been avoided though. I've tried to judge on the music and the artists, but this really ends my 50 year love affair with the competition.

• Like 1

Occasional reminder that the only good piece of political humour in the past 30 years came from the Drawn Together movie:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Ireland - "Not a friend" and "Also scares me a little on full moon nights"

Also seen something about Spain being threatened.

Probably the only unfair thing was to Irish participant, because they didn't show any direct disrespect to the Israeli participant. Speaking about Dutch and Greek representatives, their behaviour has been completely inaproprriate and disrespectful: there was a press conference and the Greek one was "sleeping" and demonstrably yawning as Israeli paricipant was answering the question, and the Dutch one covered his face with a flag to "not see her". 

I hope Israel wins this contest, they have the best song + best stage performance. Anything except that joke from Croatia pls...

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, NightCoffee said:

Probably the only unfair thing was to Irish participant, because they didn't show any direct disrespect to the Israeli participant. Speaking about Dutch and Greek representatives, their behaviour has been completely inaproprriate and disrespectful: there was a press conference and the Greek one was "sleeping" and demonstrably yawning as Israeli paricipant was answering the question, and the Dutch one covered his face with a flag to "not see her". 

Lol, the Greek representative looks and acts like an Instagram whore, I doubt anyone cares about her opinion.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

I hope Israel wins this contest, they have the best song + best stage performance. Anything except that joke from Croatia pls...

Are you watching the same contest as the rest of us?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

If you think about it it's pretty wild that Israel have killed over 32,000 civilians since October (13,000 of them children) and yet they're allowed to perform at Eurovision. Meanwhile the Netherlands gets disqualified because their entrant had a strop backstage with a member of the production team.

• Like 11

51 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Are you watching the same contest as the rest of us?

Yes, and I've never seen more satanic symbols and cheap sexual messages than in this year's Eurovision. And Israel is one of the rare countries that has a meaningful performance and therefore deserves to win rather than Croatia, Switzerland, Ireland and similar satanic non-binary whatsoever performances.

• Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Yes, and I've never seen more satanic symbols and cheap sexual messages than in this year's Eurovision. And Israel is one of the rare countries that has a meaningful performance and therefore deserves to win rather than Croatia, Switzerland, Ireland and similar satanic non-binary whatsoever performances.

i think i speak for every israeli when i say we do not need this guy’s support 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Perhaps consider that Eurovision may not be for you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Still more drama going on btw. France skipped half their song by talking about peace. Following this guy called Gabe on Twitter who is there.

Bambi Thug (Ireland) was not at todays dress rehearsal because it looks like they are putting in a complaint with the EBU about something. Nemo (Switzerland) and Spain's performer was also not present at the flag parade.

Israel have played this wrong. They could have leant into the ethos of the competition and gone with some humility and talked about a peaceful future but this young girl is being used a propaganda.

The EBU have lost a lot of good will and Holland was clearly one of the favourites 

17 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Israel have played this wrong. They could have leant into the ethos of the competition and gone with some humility and talked about a peaceful future but this young girl is being used a propaganda.

The EBU have lost a lot of good will and Holland was clearly one of the favourites 

Netherland's music video at time I post this is at 25 million views and he was hyped up massively. He had worldwide fans before this drama.

If want reliable updates btw, follow this guy:

3 hours ago, Tower1 said:

If you're one of the Jehovah's witnesses that knocked on my door last week, I apologise for the somewhat creative language I used. Some of the words were probably a bit too complex for someone with your dangerously low intelligence quotient to understand. I'll simplify my language next time and just tell you to fuck off.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

If you're one of the Jehovah's witnesses that knocked on my door last week, I apologise for the somewhat creative language I used. Some of the words were probably a bit too long for someone with your dangerously intelligence quotient to understand. I'll simplify my language next time and just tell you to fuck off.

I don't think Jehovah's witnesses engage with 'worldly' people such as the people who come to https: // forums.deathlist.net / topic / 7812-curse-of-the-eurovision / ?page=30 because they hate fun and any possible forms of having fun.

29 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

I don't think Jehovah's witnesses engage with 'worldly' people such as the people who come to https: // forums.deathlist.net / topic / 7812-curse-of-the-eurovision / ?page=30 because they hate fun and any possible forms of having fun.

These are exactly the sort of people Jehovah's Witnesses love to engage with! (In order to convert them)

1 hour ago, Master Obit said:

If you're one of the Jehovah's witnesses that knocked on my door last week, I apologise for the somewhat creative language I used. Some of the words were probably a bit too complex for someone with your dangerously low intelligence quotient to understand. I'll simplify my language next time and just tell you to fuck off.

1 hour ago, time said:

These are exactly the sort of people Jehovah's Witnesses love to engage with! (In order to convert them)

Jehovahs.jpg

• Haha 1

How’s this for an idea for a future Eurovision: do a Masked Singer version. Dress all the acts up in some elaborate costume, don’t reveal who they are, don’t even reveal where they’re from, do the vote, winner gets the “WhOoOoZaTbEhINdThEmAaAsK??” treatment at the end with their national flag painted on their face.

• Like 5

Two people who were going to give the jury results out have now stepped down:

• Finland's Käärijä who came second last year
  • Norway's Alessandra who also competed last year

Oh and Loreen will do trophy hand over to those that win, but not if it's Israel.

• Shocked 1

This is my highlight from tonight so far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All of us here are fucking LIVING for Estonia’s entry! In many ways one of the best things I’ve ever seen :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1