Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

For anyone who didn't watch Strictly final. Olly Alexander is going to represent UK in Eurovision next year.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

For anyone who didn't watch Strictly final. Olly Alexander is going to represent UK in Eurovision next year.

Who? 

• Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Who? 

Lead singer of a band popular with young people, m'lord. Also toured Europe and had chart success elsewhere on the continent which is unusual for a 20th century UK Eurovision pick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I fucking love this! We mean business next year.

43 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Who? 

Also know as Years and Years. His most popular song has nearly 300 million views on Youtube. He's also a good actor.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Also know as Years and Years. His most popular song has nearly 300 million views on Youtube. He's also a good actor.

He just looks a fucking weirdo IMO. It's probably just a generation thing what with me being a grumpy old bastard and all that. 

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

He just looks a fucking weirdo IMO. It's probably just a generation thing what with me being a grumpy old bastard and all that. 

He's not my cup of tea.  He had a guest spot with the Pet Shop Boys last time I saw them. Mercifully not on 'It's A Sin'.  I think it was 'Dreamland'.

8 hours ago, Toast said:

He's not my cup of tea.  He had a guest spot with the Pet Shop Boys last time I saw them. Mercifully not on 'It's A Sin'.  I think it was 'Dreamland'.

That cover version is mildly crap, but apparently Olly was very good in the drama, 'It's a Sin'. I've liked their music for the past 10 years but he seems a bit up himself. It says a lot when all the members of a band except the lead singer leave. Rooting for him though.

10 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Number 1 singles

Years & Years: 1

Sparks: 0

Top 10 singles

Years & Years: 5

Sparks: 3

Number 1 albums

Years & Years: 2

Sparks: 0

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

apparently Olly was very good in the drama, 'It's a Sin'.

Only to be expected, since he played himself.  :P

Says he's going to "fly the flag for the UK in the gayest way possible."  :rolleyes:

Dmitry Krasilov, a Russian dancer and actor who was supposed to represent Russia at Eurovision 2020 with Little Big has died.

Reddit post.

Shmulik Bilu, member of the Israeli group Milk and Honey (winners of the 1979 edition of the Eurovision), has died aged 71.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Selve Clived.... :clivedunn:

18 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Shmulik Bilu, member of the Israeli group Milk and Honey (winners of the 1979 edition of the Eurovision), has died aged 71.

Public service announcement. Don't listen to it, you never get it out of your head.....

• Like 1

Guy Bonnet, French representative at the 1970 and 1983 Contests, has died aged 78. He finished fourth in 1970, twelfth in 1983, as well as composing the song for Isabelle Aubret in 1968 which finished third.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Olly Alexander's given us a sample of his entry.

• Like 1

Finland's entry is so cursed I can't link the video properly. But Windows 95 t-shirts are out of stock.

• Haha 1

I think the UK is going to withdraw soon as Israel is heading towards suspension and I don’t think the BBC could continue to take part with the backlash suspending Israel will bring with the press and politicians.

• Facepalm 5

11 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think the UK is going to withdraw soon as Israel is heading towards suspension and I don’t think the BBC could continue to take part with the backlash suspending Israel will bring with the press and politicians.

That is complete rubbish. The deadline for participation has long been and gone, meaning the BBC will have to pay a (hefty) fine to the organisers if they withdraw at this stage. The UK song is out March 1st.

Belarus were kicked out in 2021(?) for trying to send propaganda and that didn't stop anybody else.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Father Brown said:

That is complete rubbish. The deadline for participation has long been and gone, meaning the BBC will have to pay a (hefty) fine to the organisers if they withdraw at this stage. The UK song is out March 1st.

Belarus were kicked out in 2021(?) for trying to send propaganda and that didn't stop anybody else.

But Belarus wasn’t and is not a popular country. If Israel is suspended it will be seen as the EBU acting in an anti - Israel manner. That won’t be acceptable to many people in the UK. 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 6

Can the  UK ban themselves on the basis they are shite?

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

But Belarus wasn’t and is not a popular country. If Israel is suspended it will be seen as the EBU acting in an anti - Israel manner. That won’t be acceptable to many people in the UK. 

Russia is a past winner but it didn't stop it from being kicked out. As an Israeli I hope that Israel will receive this slap to the face, as it is run by fascists and scums (I mean... same as the UK but you catch my drift)

• Like 2