Barry Gibb sang to his late brother while he was in a coma.

The 69-year-old singer has revealed he dedicated the song 'End of the Rainbow' from his new solo album 'In The Now' to his younger brother Robin Gibb, and sang a verse from the track to his sibling two weeks before he died from cancer in 2012.

Quite ironic in that Barry's singing put him in the coma to begin with.

SC

It's ironic that the deaths of the Gibb brothers are in reverse order to their births. Robin was the elder twin and little brother Andy went so long ago lots of people forget he was ever there. According to one documentary years ago Barry said that the others had planned that if Andy cleaned up his act he'd have been offered the chance to become a full Bee Gee.

My heart goes out to their mother, Barbara Gibb. For three out of your four sons to die before you, must be grim indeed. Having said that Robin Gibb was a very strange fella indeed.

My heart goes out to their mother, Barbara Gibb. For three out of your four sons to die before you, must be grim indeed. Having said that Robin Gibb was a very strange fella indeed.

Aye, oddly enough over a pint recently myself and a writerly type I know quite well used the words "Robin Gibb,Tom Hardy" and "biopic" in the same sentence. Not that either of us have the clout to green light such a project but we reckoned it interesting given the man's mystic eccentricities. Might have to wait until some of those sensitive to the whole thing - like Barry - are no longer around.

• Like 1

Aye, oddly enough over a pint recently myself and a writerly type I know quite well used the words "Robin Gibb,Tom Hardy" and "biopic" in the same sentence. Not that either of us have the clout to green light such a project but we reckoned it interesting given the man's mystic eccentricities. Might have to wait until some of those sensitive to the whole thing - like Barry - are no longer around.

Wasn't Spielberg supposed to be doing a Bee Gees one? Robin Gibb en seul would be a very interesting one, but even with Barry gone I think there are a few issues that would kill it stone dead in the water. I'd pay good money to see a warts n all one.

Wasn't Spielberg supposed to be doing a Bee Gees one? Robin Gibb en seul would be a very interesting one, but even with Barry gone I think there are a few issues that would kill it stone dead in the water. I'd pay good money to see a warts n all one.

Hmm, dunno - those "few issues" might be the making of the whole thing

Ha ha yh - 'How Old Are You', 'Alan Freeman Days' - you get a special prize if you can work those into the soundtrack.

In case the banter hereabouts has lost a few of you, an interesting link that'd make a decent section of the movie: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2206443/The-Bee-Gees-FBI-files-reveal-raging-jealousy-drug-fuelled-paranoia-Robin-Gibbs-astonishingly-toxic-divorce.html

and that's just what they could print.. He had probably my favourite voice of the 20th century - for all its' flaws.

Aside from that, isn't Tom Hardy a bit too pretty for Robin? TBH road-kill's a bit too pretty for Robin.

Barbara's been spared the agony of burying any further children by herself dying at 95.

Barbara's been spared the agony of burying any further children by herself dying at 95.

Oh I get it, and Pah-LEEEEZ don't state the obvious, but what's her obit doing in goddamn Billboard?

It's wrong. You know it and I know it.

SC

Oh I get it, and Pah-LEEEEZ don't state the obvious, but what's her obit doing in goddamn Billboard?

SC

She's been an infrequent dead pool pick for a few of us (though not on any of my teams currently)

Always knew she'd be obitable as and when

• Like 1

SC

She's been an infrequent dead pool pick for a few of us (though not on any of my teams currently)

Same here Mary - mistaken took her off my list for Stigwood this year when I should have kept both.

SC

Same here Mary - mistaken took her off my list for Stigwood this year when I should have kept both.

Aye, well - the toll on Barry continues, eh?

Here comes the raw blues album opened with his very unique take on "I'm Still Standing"

SC

Aye, well - the toll on Barry continues, eh?

Here comes the raw blues album opened with his very unique take on "I'm Still Standing"

I was just thinking, he must be good at choosing hymns by now.

• Like 2

He'd be haunted if he ever came on this forum and saw the "Dead" sign next to the Beegees.

• Like 2

Barry Gibb is haunted by his dead brothers. No mention of his dead mum, she ain't the hauntin type.

SC

Are they vengeful ghosts by any chance?

1 hour ago, The Ashes Urn said:

If only his brothers would have been sexually abused, they'd be with us today.

• Angry 1