1 minute ago, Thatcher said:

Colin Bennett reported to have died in February. 

Obituaries: Daily Mirror and The Sun 

Another Hitch-Hikers actor to pass away - the The Great Prophet Zarquon. RIP.

• Like 2

Just now, msc said:

@YoungWillz take a bow lad, you've ninja'd Thatcher to a death!

Not on this thread, but ta!

According to Wiki character actor Oscar Quitak died on New Year's Eve at the age of 97.  

Oscar Quitak jessler head.jpg

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, MarkF said:

According to Wiki character actor Oscar Quitak died on New Year's Eve at the age of 97.  

Oscar Quitak jessler head.jpg

Already discussed several times. Try using the search function before posting.

And it’s not “according to Wikipedia”. There’s a source attached on his page. Quote the original source. Wikipedia is not a source.

On 10/03/2024 at 09:47, Ulitzer95 said:

Already discussed several times. Try using the search function before posting.

And it’s not “according to Wikipedia”. There’s a source attached on his page. Quote the original source. Wikipedia is not a source.

Firstly sorry I offended - but in  my defense 1- I did use the search engine first but typing in Oscar Quitak bought up a lengthy list of Academy Award winners and nominees - understandable if I had just typed his first name - not so understandable when I cut and paste his full name - 2 -I looked at wiki's "source" and I didn't  think it reputable myself - added to which a google search did not bring up a single obit for him - and also no mention (that I can find) on the social  media site formerly known as twitter of his death. But, as I say, sorry to duplicate effort so apologies.

On 14/03/2017 at 14:41, Bibliogryphon said:

When I challenged someone about Murder She Wrote the other day it did get me thinking about that sort of show.

So I present to you a list of 25 survivors from the BBC Miss Marple adaptations with the late Joan Hickson. Lots of top notch British thesps here

1. Joss Ackland b.1928

2. Moray Watson b.1928

3. Liz Fraser b.1930

4. Claire Bloom b.1931

5. Kenneth Cope b.1931

6. Jean Boht b.1932

7. Caroline Blakiston b.1933

8. Timothy West b.1934

9. Jess Conrad b.1936

10. Terrance Hardiman b.1937

11. Michael Culver b.1938

12. Barry Newman b.1938

13. John Castle b.1940

14. David Collings b.1940

15. Judy Cornwell b.1940

16. Andrew Burt b.1945

17. Joanna David b.1947

18. Annette Badland b.1949

19. Cheryl Campbell b.1949

20. Peter Davison b.1951

21. Sabrina Franklyn b.1954

22. Trudie Styler b.1954

23. Arthur Bostrom b.1955

24. Adrian Lukis b.1957

25. Sophie Ward b.1964

This is not a comprehensive list.

Michael Culver Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2024/mar/12/michael-culver-obituary

Also on Biblio's Secret Army list. Died 27 February.

Edit: Last picked in 2022 @Death Impends, so List of the Missed.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Peter Kelly, Scottish actor with a fair old resume, reportedly dead: 

Lots of theatre work, but of course on film as Sandy Jacobs in The Virgin Soldiers (can't be many of them around still) and a reporter in Curse Of The Pink Panther, some Taggart appearances, some sitcoms, soaps etc.

Of course @msc will not only know him from his Taggarts but also as Lucky Len in the Poirot episode Jewel Robbery At The Grand Metropolitan, the paper reporter who Poirot is mistaken for on several occasions and finally meets at the end, complimenting him on his looks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Peter Kelly, Scottish actor with a fair old resume, reportedly dead: 

Lots of theatre work, but of course on film as Sandy Jacobs in The Virgin Soldiers (can't be many of them around still) and a reporter in Curse Of The Pink Panther, some Taggart appearances, some sitcoms, soaps etc.

Of course @msc will not only know him from his Taggarts but also as Lucky Len in the Poirot episode Jewel Robbery At The Grand Metropolitan, the paper reporter who Poirot is mistaken for on several occasions and finally meets at the end, complimenting him on his looks.

Actually not seen that episode as I only watch them after reading the original. However he's only the bloody murderer in one of my favourite Taggarts!

Also in The Fabulous Bagel Boys which I enjoyed but is now forgotten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Christian Rodska, best known as Ron Stryker in Follyfoot (from my childhood) Telegraph obit: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2024/03/28/christian-rodska-actor-follyfoot-obituary/

Was going to pop him in the kids' tv thread, but he's done a ton of different stuff.

I know him best from Brookside and various radio dramas. I heard rumours of ill health but wasn't sure how reliable that information was. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Who was he in Brookside?

30 minutes ago, Toast said:

Who was he in Brookside?

He was doctor with whom Chrissie Rogers character has an affair.

I don't think he was in it that long but his character stood out to me for some reason, probably because I really hated Frank Rogers.

Edit - Character's name was Dr O'Rourke.

• Thanks 1

On 06/12/2022 at 16:21, Ulitzer95 said:

Article from Jewish News covering 97 year old actress Thelma Ruby.

Still acting and looks pretty good!

Since I added her to this list in 2020, someone has created a Wikipedia page for her.

Because of her extensive stage career, I can see her easily pulling off a QO.

Video of Thelma Ruby from 6 months ago. She turned 99 last week. She's easily going to live into her 100s. 

William Gaunt is on BBC 4 right now reminiscing about No Place Like Home. Recently turned 86 and looks amazing for his age.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, msc said:

William Gaunt is on BBC 4 right now reminiscing about No Place Like Home. Recently turned 86 and looks amazing for his age.

Even more recently turned 87 (as in today).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, time said:

Even more recently turned 87 (as in today).

Looked even better then. :D

Genuinely would have passed for early 70s. Marcia Warren is younger and looked a lot older.

Posted (edited)
On 02/04/2024 at 20:25, msc said:

Last survivor from the TV show The Champions. (There is a champions thread). 

Just checked,  I can't find it.

Edited by Paul Bearer

Adrian Schiller, British actor, reportedly dead aged 60: https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/national/24230970.victoria-last-kingdom-actor-adrian-schiller-dies-suddenly-aged-60/

Uncle in The Doctor's Wife for Doctor Who and other Who related stuff, many video game voiceovers but probably best known as Penge in the TV series Victoria.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0771621/

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1

Barman in this memorable anti-drink-driving PSA as well.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Barman in this memorable anti-drink-driving PSA as well.

That was fantastic. Far better than some of the more graphic PSAs the UK is known for. There's no slurry pits for one thing...

• Haha 1

Oh no, he was Aethelhelm in The Last Kingdom!  I didn't recognise him.  What a fabulous love-to-hate villain he was in that.

d4a281a456ed8b8ee2b0432ca39b5959.jpg

3 hours ago, Comped said:

That was fantastic. Far better than some of the more graphic PSAs the UK is known for. There's no slurry pits for one thing...

Oh, the one with the slurry pit was brilliant.  Apaches?

24 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh, the one with the slurry pit was brilliant.  Apaches?

Indeed it was. Far better than anything we'd get here in the US in terms of actually showing you the consequences of such actions. Most British PSAs are banned here because they're far too graphic... Which means US PSAs are generally less effective.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Comped said:

Indeed it was. Far better than anything we'd get here in the US in terms of actually showing you the consequences of such actions. Most British PSAs are banned here because they're far too graphic... Which means US PSAs are generally less effective.

Yeah, but they wouldn't make them like that here now.  The heyday was the 1970s, they set out to scare the shit out of kids, but in these snowflake times nobody is allowed to upset anyone.

• Like 2

Scottish actor Vincent Friell, who played the lead Will in Restless Natives (a 1980s movie including some high profile names), reportedly dead aged 64: 

The usual Scottish roll call of parts in Rab C Nesbitt, Taggart and was Diane's father in Trainspotting.

RIP.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0295504/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1