50 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Hm, why did I post it here and not in the Brian Blessed thread?

Because she was an British actress and more than somebody's wife?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Toast said:

Because she was an British actress and more than somebody's wife?

Well, that was unexpected! :P

Cuts both ways, we constantly discuss Timothy West in the Prunella Scales thread.

If the thread fits...

58 minutes ago, Toast said:

Because she was an British actress

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, that was unexpected! :P

:lol: I originally put "an actress", added "British" and forgot to edit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Terrible news Haydn Gwynne has died

Only a month ago she withdrew from a West End production of Old Friends for Personal reasons

image.thumb.png.57b77535fdffc50952e7e26ec5822bfa.png

• Like 1

Got a BBC Breaking News push notification and I still don’t know who she is.

EDIT: No, I actually do. She plays Camilla in that really unfunny show “The Windsors”. With any luck they’ll cancel it now.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Got a BBC Breaking News push notification and I still don’t know who she is.

EDIT: No, I actually do. She plays Camilla in that really unfunny show “The Windsors”. With any luck they’ll cancel it now.

She is probably most recognisable from Drop The Dead Donkey but she did a lot of stage work (Four time Oliver award nominee) and I saw her in Peer Gynt at the RSC

• Like 1

I agree that The Windsor's is shite. Drop the Dead Donkey was incredible though.

She played Clothilde, Cogsworth wife in Disney film Beauty and the Beast (2017)

God, sad RIP

image.png.75beedc98a093c8f57877e49308fb68e.png

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Terrible news Haydn Gwynne has died

Only a month ago she withdrew from a West End production of Old Friends for Personal reasons

image.thumb.png.57b77535fdffc50952e7e26ec5822bfa.png

Confirmed by the BBC that she withdrew from that due to the Cancer diagnosis that ultimately killed her. 

She was still on stage until the end of July in a play.

31 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Confirmed by the BBC that she withdrew from that due to the Cancer diagnosis that ultimately killed her. 

She was still on stage until the end of July in a play where she played Clementine Churchill. 

She died before the character she portrayed, Camilla Parker Bowles, though she was 10 years her junior.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

She died before the character she portrayed, Camilla Parker Bowles, though she was 10 years her junior.

And probably smoked far less ciggies than Camilla has.

What does that tell you? Smoke more.

10 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

https://imgur.com/a/TTXHosb
This is what the programme on sale at the current run of Old Friends had written about her withdrawal. 

Still kind of curious why she would be in a Sondheim tribute show given that she doesn't have as big of an association to Sondheim as a lot of those cast on Broadway and even the West End.

9 hours ago, Comped said:

Still kind of curious why she would be in a Sondheim tribute show given that she doesn't have as big of an association to Sondheim as a lot of those cast on Broadway and even the West End.

A few of the cast of that concert hadn’t had much Sondheim experience .

On 09/02/2023 at 13:34, Ulitzer95 said:

Melvyn Hayes appeared on Talking Pictures the other day...

329330857_588616632709153_1447415266173799015_n.jpg.d06fb9088f6dcc13b726630620ccb427.jpg

Turned 88 last month. Has a tinge of the "I may last another 3 years, I may die tomorrow" about him.

A pick for three teams in this year's DDP.

Melvyn Hayes just showed up to promote another episode of this. He looked great for his age being interviewed in October 2021 but has deteriorated drastically since then. He was struggling to speak which combined with the rapid frailty suggests stroke to me. 

• Like 2

On 30/05/2020 at 01:50, msc said:

I mean, we've got this lot still acting to varying degrees (with some added notable exceptions):

1932 –Bill Roache,  Gabriel Woolf (retired in 2015)

1933– , Sian Philips, Joan Collins, David McCallum, Derek Martin (retired in 2017 to "put his feet up"), Brian Murphy, Barbara Knox, Donald Douglas (honorary mention as retired 15 years ago)

1934: Tom Baker (mostly sticking to voice work now), Annette Crosbie, Alan Bennett, Eileen Atkins, Jean Marsh (full time acting career ending in 2015 by massive stroke she was meant to survive, but bounced back from), Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Vernon Dobtcheff, Christopher Benjamin (sticks to voice work now), Slyvia Sims, Timothy West (still busy despite being carer for Pru), Wendy Craig, John Standing

1935: Julian Glover (tbh Glover could die and I'd still expect him to show up for 5 new projects a year), David Prowse (retired in 2017 after some ill health),Donald Sutherland, Michael Jayston, James Bolam (has pretty much retired off Cbeebies royalty repeats on daily showings of Grandpa in my Pocket!), Johnny Briggs (pretty much retired with Mike Baldwin), Jim Dale (voice acting), Barry Cryer, Judy Parfitt, Amanda Barrie (mostly appearing as herself), Melvyn Hayes (Semi-retired, does voice work), Wanda Ventham,  Janet Henfrey, Anne Reid

The Democrat West Coast firewall of British acting, that lot.

James Bolam popped up in Channel 5’s All Creatures Great and Small recently and for someone 88 (Maybe 87 at time of filming) he looks quite well.

Ewan Hooper, Scottish born actor known for various things but Camp Controller Alec Foster in Hi-De-Hi and the caretaker in the factory in Kinky Boots stand out, apparently died way back in April: http://www.ashburnhamtriangle.com/2023/05/ewan-hooper.html

I briefly toyed with picking him this year, given the lack of an obit, rather glad I didn't!

Other film roles include How I Won The War (featuring John Lennon) and Dracula Has Risen From The Grave. TV includes Coronation Street, Hunter's Walk, Boon and Casualty, among others.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0393739/

MEGOGO.NET - movies and TV channels online

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

On 10/11/2023 at 01:04, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Seeing numerous reports on Twitter from earlier today that Tim Woodward (son of Edward & Actor in his own right) has died but can't find an Obit.

Here's an actual, proper, obit for Tim Woodward.

• Like 3

The press release features a Not Going Out Christmas special entitled “Wilfred” that “sees the couple invite Wilfred, a lonely pensioner from the nearby care home, to join them for Christmas dinner”. The actor playing Wilfred isn’t included, though (could well be Hayes too); might be another opportunity for form spotting, whoever it is.

9 hours ago, GrumpyRabbit said:

Melvyn Hayes is on the BBC’s Christmas edition of Would I Lie to You?.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/bbc-christmas-whats-on-tv-iplayer-2023/. Another chance to see how he’s holding up.

Here he is in one of my locals about a week ago.  He looks in fine form. 

(Photo nicked from the Book of Face - I wasn't there)

mhayes.jpg.b1d05953af496ebf6db2bb663e75a88d.jpg

• Like 3