adrian0719

Liza Minnelli

Mother was actually remarking to me the other day, 'I bet Liza Minnelli will go in 2017.'

No joke, she actually said that.

Mind you, last year she said Shane McGowan, Ozzy Osbourne and Vera Lynn would die, so make nothing of it...

I wonder how Liza feels about this drag queen who is touring Australia impersonating her at the moment... http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/stage/lizas-back-is-broken-trevor-ashleys-homage-to-cabaret-queen-a-peerless-act-of-impersonation-20160121-gmblz9.html :P

I'm certain she'd love it. :lol:
Not sure about her but Peter Allen sure would have! :P

Mother was actually remarking to me the other day, 'I bet Liza Minnelli will go in 2017.'

No joke, she actually said that.

Mind you, last year she said Shane McGowan, Ozzy Osbourne and Vera Lynn would die, so make nothing of it...

Anyway, your mum may be right. Here is Liza from September: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3797288/Liza-Minnelli-helped-chair-reclusive-star-pictured-time-months.html

Hmmm... Daughter of a much-loved Hollywood legend, still somewhat active as an actress but with an extensive history of very serious drug and alcohol abuse, fluctuating weight... Where have I heard that recently, Carrie?

Come to think of it, Disney should cast Liza to play Leia in Star Wars 9. Noone would notice the difference... :)

Liza has had the remains of her mother, Judy Garland, moved from NYC to Hollywood so there's enough space for the family to be together eternally. Perhaps some foreshadowing for her or Lorna's demise?

Probably the last chance I had of gettin down with the beautiful Judy Garland. I'd have had my way with those remains. Don't judge.

SC

Liza has had the remains of her mother, Judy Garland, moved from NYC to Hollywood so there's enough space for the family to be together eternally. Perhaps some foreshadowing for her or Lorna's demise?

Probably the last chance I had of gettin down with the beautiful Judy Garland. I'd have had my way with those remains. Don't judge.

SC

LOL - I am rather fond of 1940s era Judy Garland myself. :wub:

1950s-1960s era Judy Garland, when she became a drug addled gay icon, definitely not. :puke:

Creep, do yourself a favour and look up Judy's "Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son" clip from "Presenting Lily Mars" on YouTube. Judy at her sexiest and funniest. (For context, she has just gatecrashed a party and is being chased around by the host when she finds herself up on the stage where the band is playing....)

Another good one is "Joint is Really Jumpin' in Carnegie Hall" where Judy damn near invents rock 'n' roll in 1943.

... And that's as much about Judy Garland as I care to admit knowing about.

SC

Judging...........

• Like 3

SC

Your admitting you are a necrophile? :o
  • Like 2

SC

There is obviously a Judy Garland for everyone....

1930s child star Judy - appeals to paedophiles :(

1940s sex bomb Judy - appeals to straight white males (me!)

1950s-1960s gay icon Judy - appeals to gays and lesbians

1970s-present dead Judy - appeals to Sir Creep.... :wacko::blink:

• Like 5

SC

He really is living up to his name.
  • Like 2

SC

I'm a heterosexual female. Where's my Judy?

• Like 2

SC

Bloody feminists - always making life difficult with your demands for equality... :P

1920s baby Judy was apparently bullied by her overbearing hag of a stage mother. Your maternal instinct should (hopefully) kick in on that and want to protect her.

(That's the best I can think of! I can't even recommend her son-in-law, Peter Allen, to a straight female for obvious reasons!!! :D )

cary_grant.jpg

• Like 4

When Creep came online earlier, he seemed to be avoiding this thread...

judy-laughing-gif.gif

I'd have tapped that ass, or what's left of it, yes.

SC

SC

She was already 14 when her solo career in films began, so paedophilia is not the right word to use here. The age of consent here in Sweden is in fact 15! Unless you're referring to the days when she toured with her sisters as Frances Gumm?

Also, Judy was never known as a sex bomb to straight males in the 1940s. There may be those who found her attractive back then, yes, but she has never been universally mentioned in the same breath as Liz Taylor/Gene Tierney/Lana Turner/Ava Gardner, etc.

• Like 1

SC

She was already 14 when her solo career in films began, so paedophilia is not the right word to use here. The age of consent here in Sweden is in fact 15! Unless you're referring to the days when she toured with her sisters as Frances Gumm?

Also, Judy was never known as a sex bomb to straight males in the 1940s. There may be those who found her attractive back then, yes, but she has never been universally mentioned in the same breath as Liz Taylor/Gene Tierney/Lana Turner/Ava Gardner, etc.

Yes, thanks for ruining my little joke via pedantry, Predictor. :( :( :(

Okay, I understand your point but I am not so sure about whether she was seen as a sex bomb or not. There are some glam/1940s-style pin ups of her if you Google around. Wasn't it more the case that Louis Meyer kept telling her that she wasn't pretty and that messing up her confidence? Arguably, she was more of a girl-next-door type, I suppose.

BTW, random bit of trivia for you: comic book superheroine Mary Marvel (Captain Marvel's sister) was modelled on Judy Garland, because she was seen as Hollywood's nice girl at the time.

• Like 1

I'd have tapped that ass, or what's left of it, yes.

SC

Bloody hell, Creep, I thought you were just joking around at first. Now I don't know what to think. If you are really that way inclined, you need:

A.) Urgent psychiatric help

B.) A restraining order to keep you away from cemetries

C.) A perma-ban from this site. Mods!

• Like 1

SC

Okay, I understand your point but I am not so sure about whether she was seen as a sex bomb or not. There are some glam/1940s-style pin ups of her if you Google around. Wasn't it more the case that Louis Meyer kept telling her that she wasn't pretty and that messing up her confidence? Arguably, she was more of a girl-next-door type, I suppose.

BTW, random bit of trivia for you: comic book superheroine Mary Marvel (Captain Marvel's sister) was modelled on Judy Garland, because she was seen as Hollywood's nice girl at the time.

Sorry, Davey. Hopefully, this won't affect the DeathList Forum Grand Champion for Life title you once bestowed me. :D

And yes, Louis B. Mayer was quite ruthless towards Judy (and others employees). Funny thing is that her close friend Mickey Rooney had nothing but praise towards the studio mogul in interviews. Didn't he realize that Judy's death might indirectly stems from her MGM days?

I don't know much about Marvel characters, but I can definitely see some resemblance between the two. Kind of cool to have a superhero created after yourself.

• Like 1

SC

Sorry, Davey. Hopefully, this won't affect the DeathList Forum Grand Champion for Life title you once bestowed me. :D

And yes, Louis B. Mayer was quite ruthless towards Judy (and others employees). Funny thing is that her close friend Mickey Rooney had nothing but praise towards the studio mogul in interviews. Didn't he realize that Judy's death might indirectly stems from her MGM days?

I don't know much about Marvel characters, but I can definitely see some resemblance between the two. Kind of cool to have a superhero created after yourself.

I'll forgive ya! :)

To be pedantic myself, it wasn't a Marvel Comics charcter (although Marvel also have their own, unrelated character alsp called Captain Marvel to make things even more convoluted.) However, the Captain and Mary Marvel we are talking about was created by Fawcett Comics and eventually bought by DC after a decades-long legal duel between the two companies over allegations that Captain Marvel and Superman were plagiarising each other. That's another story though...

Yes, Mickey's attitude is strange.

I, personally, find 1940s Judy is more "my type" than Liz, Ava or Lana. (Gene's a cutie though! ;) ) Later Judy's definitely not my type though! In fact, she is almost like a completely different woman. It is almost like people were switched because she looked and acted so different. Is there a Judy conspiracy like the "Paul is Dead" one? Maybe the real Judy is alive and well being held on a UFO... :D Seriously, shows how drugs, booze and psychological abuse can totally ruin a young person.

Worth noting she is the sole survivor from the time magazine photo of the century. 

916c95c3b28666ff82c9a44237a509f5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Worth noting she is the sole survivor from the time magazine photo of the century. 

This feels like an awkward wedding picture with the nephew that likes Paramore and Papa Roach a little too much and the fashionista niece.

41 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

Iike Liza but photo of the century!! :D

I think that marriage is best forgotten and I'm sure Liza would agree with me! 

Disappointed in Bobby for cropping out the most important person in that photo

abcbf7888cef3a204e3de084ce0d4467

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Disappointed in Bobby for cropping out the most important person in that photo

abcbf7888cef3a204e3de084ce0d4467

Who is that? Is it that dopey Essex girl that was in Eastenders?