Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

The New Dunn...

Guest Mitch Winehouse

I get a lot of mony transperting people at 9 pm at night. SOmetimes I even wurk unrtil Midnight.

Black Fielder-Civil, then you can tribute a person that a hateful person like your group deserves to idolize. As I said in the other posts I made, Blake and your group stopped my career plans and killed my daughter Amy when she was rapidly recovering. I believe Blake is going to kill himself in police custody after they catch him using illegal drugs within two years.

We need to be able to favourite guest posts because my man Mitch is killing it right now.

What about Eastender's Dot Cotton (June Brown). Like Dunn, she has been old for forever.

She also has an association. Dot Cotton's best friend was Ethel. Ethel was played by Gretchen Franklin - a former DL hit who was also Clive Dunn's cousin.

Having said that, she lacks the DL history attached, for example, to Anna Wing (Lou Beale).

Guest Mitch Winehouse

Now that I tink about it, Blake's mom Georgette should be nominated to. She was a ho who encouraged Amy to get blojobs from many stange men and then blame her for Blake's overdos that was his fault. His whol family should be nominated.

Guest Mitch Winehouse

Thwy are all druggies who had an adverse effect on Amy.

I agree to keep it at 50. Bart Cummings never seems to age but would he get a Brit obit? Richie Benaud would be another Aussie candidate who seems to just keep going and going.

If you want an English person to be the new poster child of the DeathList though, it would have to be either Ronnie Biggs or Vera Lynn. Also, both of them have (allegedly) interacted with this forum and took it as good sports.

I agree to keep it at 50. Bart Cummings never seems to age but would he get a Brit obit? Richie Benaud would be another Aussie candidate who seems to just keep going and going.

If you want an English person to be the new poster child of the DeathList though, it would have to be either Ronnie Biggs or Vera Lynn. Also, both of them have (allegedly) interacted with this forum and took it as good sports.

Know about Ronnie's 'endorsement' but when did Dame Vera grace us with her presence?

Know about Ronnie's 'endorsement' but when did Dame Vera grace us with her presence?

See here: http://www.deathlist...ndpost&p=121019

and here: http://www.deathlist...ndpost&p=123069

Maybe every November the 7th each year we can all for that day change your profile pic to don't panic :D or a pic of clive dunn . That way each year he will be remembered. Also could turn dunn's thread into a memorial thread and pin it at the top of the forums .

• Like 1

IMO retire the #50 slot

IMO appointing a new DL favourite isn't proper. If a new one emerges, we'll know.

Retiring a squad number.in tribute for Clive Dunn seems fitting, though. Of course that means introducing a new one, we don't want 49 names on the list, but 51 is as good as any other. Teddy made the suggestion of retiring no. 1. Quite a strong statement, but I like it.

regards,

Hein

Dunn was a throwback to more careless times when the likes of the accident prone, but far from death-threatened, Andrea de Cesaris were also candidates. Dunn acted old but lived young. IMHO if we nominate Biggs we only have the same discussion next year. He's touching toast despite his longevity. Any worthy Dunn successor would have to be someone still conspiciously living for whom death hovers but at a comfortable distance. And also a cuddly figure. Keith Richards, for example, has acknowled us and treated his nomination as a complement. Him or Ozzy would do it for me, Gazza at a pinch. Mr Burns types, survivors, with many miles on the clock and the possibility of one health problem spiralling into a plethora, or summat.

This might not necessarily be the best idea I've ever had but I'll throw it out there - how about a public vote to decide the 50th place? The Clive Dunn Memorial Poll. Could include various improbables like O'Sullivan, Ozzy, Keith Richards and De Cesaris to take the Clive Dunn spot for a year

Guest Done is Dunn

Should keep Clive Dunn on the list in 2013, at number 50 !

This might not necessarily be the best idea I've ever had but I'll throw it out there - how about a public vote to decide the 50th place? The Clive Dunn Memorial Poll. Could include various improbables like O'Sullivan, Ozzy, Keith Richards and De Cesaris to take the Clive Dunn spot for a year

Great idea (but as a member I would say that), but the point with the Dunnster was he wasn't just for Christmas one year.

The big question now is surely, do we adopt another poster boy/girl (like Dickie O) or leave the position vacant as a tribute to a true one-off?

It's the question that has to be asked...

leave it vacant,we have to show our respects to great death list member.......nuff said

Guest Granny Bucket

Rename the No.50 nomination in his honour: the "Almost Dunn".

Rename the No.50 nomination in his honour: the "Almost Dunn".

I do rather like the above suggestion.

Failing that, following on form the List Of Immortals (see the Queen Mum, gawd bless 'er, the (lsat) Pope, Liz Taylor), I'm beginning to think Zsa Zsa is starting to fall into that category.

• Like 1

Brucie? Been old forever but still miraculously fit for his age? And in the Clive Dunn mould as a doddery gentleman.

Clive would turn in his grave if he thought we had given his spot to Ozzy or Ronnie Biggs.

He's touching toast despite his longevity.

He bloody isn't! :o

• Like 2

The other way to do it would be to retire the number 50 and use 1 to 49 and also number 51 for a DL new favourite.

Sure we have to have a true top notch British television comedy star (or BAFTA winner) who would be sorely missed at the time of their passing.

I'm thinking in the John Cleese mould, Billy Connolly, maybe Ronnie Corbett or David Jason. Michael Crawford, Richard Wilson (also made a dour programme about death a few years ago), or maybe a woman... Liz Smith, Dawn (she thinks she may die soon) French or even Joanna Lumley?

I'd have to agree with this approach - as each current deathlist candidate has taken on a persona of there own and could never really match Clive's status anyway. RIP Clive.

The big question now is surely, do we adopt another poster boy/girl (like Dickie O) or leave the position vacant as a tribute to a true one-off?

It's the question that has to be asked...

leave it vacant,we have to show our respects to great death list member.......nuff said

Why deprive ourselves of an opportunity?

If we were going to have a new #50

My suggestion would be to consider Ariel Sharon. He could live in his coma for many years to come. And he is always a good candidate to put on the list

My suggestion would be to consider Ariel Sharon. He could live in his coma for many years to come. And he is always a good candidate to put on the list

I don't like the idea of putting someone in a coma on the list. His life chances are purely dependent on someone else keeping him alive. They could decide he was dead at any moment.

I dunno, if I'm going for a cuddly grandpa figure, Ariel Sharon probably isn't top of my list.