Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

The New Dunn...

PB always wins. :shoot2:

Maybe in a straight fight but I picture Maryport as being more of a sneak-up-and-stab-him-in-the-back kind of person...

• Like 1

Just found out that Catweazle actor Geoffrey Bayldon is still alive.I assumed he had died years ago.He also played Worzel Gummidge so made a career playing characters older than he was at the time.

PB always wins. :shoot2:

Maybe in a straight fight but I picture Maryport as being more of a sneak-up-and-stab-him-in-the-back kind of person...

You sound like my bitter ex-business partner. Saw him in Carlisle a while back, didn't chuck him any change, mind!

• Like 2

Just found out that Catweazle actor Geoffrey Bayldon is still alive.I assumed he had died years ago.He also played Worzel Gummidge so made a career playing characters older than he was at the time.

Bayldon's 83, not sure he's as good a bet as Gudrun for general entertainment value, though he did make a gloriously eccentric appearance in Marc Bolan's Born to Boogie movie.

• Like 1

He appeared in Worzel Gummidge as the Crowman. He is now 91. Last TV appearence before retirement was 2010.

He appeared in Worzel Gummidge as the Crowman. He is now 91. Last TV appearence before retirement was 2010.

I have heard he is in poor health (no specifics though) these days, though that's from the old Lord Hennessey "private information" trick rather than the press.

I have heard he is in poor health (no specifics though) these days, though that's from the old Lord Hennessey "private information" trick rather than the press.

He was in 'A Night To Remember' so he is in my Titanic theme team.

Oh shit, my bad re accusing him of being 83, bet he wishes he was 83. So, in conclusion, a good 2016 pick if he makes the start line, but unlikely to have a Gudrun as our new Dunny!

Fate may be sneaking up and stabbing PB's pick in the back, or summat.

Oh shit, my bad re accusing him of being 83, bet he wishes he was 83. So, in conclusion, a good 2016 pick if he makes the start line, but unlikely to have a Gudrun as our new Dunny!

Fate may be sneaking up and stabbing PB's pick in the back, or summat.

He was on my shortlist at one point, but he's currently been subbed for a terminally ill writer. The trouble with these old folk in (presumed age related) poor health is you never know exactly how much fight they have in. Look at Bill Speakman. Or when I picked Derek Martinus, and swiftly dropped him the year he died. Then you have Francis Matthews, whom a friend told me was in very poor health, so I noted it down, and he died three weeks later!

Roy Dotrice (b.1923) is a year older than Bayldon but maybe not as well known but has been working more recently.

• Like 1

Roy Dotrice (b.1923) is a year older than Bayldon but maybe not as well known but has been working more recently.

Good actor. "Dickens of London" is recommended, though no longer on YouTube.

I'd mention he was a villain in Murder She Wrote, but that seems to come free with the SAG card.

• Like 1

I'd mention he was a villain in Murder She Wrote, but that seems to come free with the SAG card.

He also had the obligatory role in Game of Thrones (pyromancer Hallyne in season 2) and was originally supposed to play Grand Maester Pycelle, but had to decline because of health issues.

Edit: Oh, and apparently he also narrated the Game of Thrones audio books. Obit guaranteed.

Second edit: His health issue was cancer, but he says he's totally cured. Source: Youtube video

Jon Pertwee played Worzel Gummidge

He is also the father of Michelle Dotrice who played Betty in Some mothers do ave em and Karen Dotrice the little girl out of MaryPoppins.

Jon Pertwee played Worzel Gummidge

My mistake I meant to put the crowman out of Worzel Gummidge but didn`t proofread or edit before posting.

• Like 1

He is also the father of Michelle Dotrice who played Betty in Some mothers do ave em and Karen Dotrice the little girl out of MaryPoppins.

and father-in-law of Edward Woodward

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs; you learn summat new every day.

and grandfather to Emily Woodward but no relation to Ed Wood, Roy Wood or Woody Woodpecker or summat.

• Like 3

and grandfather to Emily Woodward but no relation to Ed Wood, Roy Wood or Woody Woodpecker or summat.

So, what state - health-wise - is Roy Dotrice in?

Pretty good for 92 as far as I know apart from being a bit thin and having previously fought cancer.

Geoffrey Bayldon on the other hand looks pretty bad in this public appearance last year.Looks like a cold or fall could easily finish him off.

Pretty good for 92 as far as I know apart from being a bit thin and having previously fought cancer.

Geoffrey Bayldon on the other hand looks pretty bad in this public appearance last year.Looks like a cold or fall could easily finish him off.

Well Im guessing that his family have kept the shoe box and the receipt, those shoes look fugging brand new and its not like they are going to get much wear is it. A quick gob and polish and they will be as new ready to take back to Deichmanns, eh.

• Like 1

Well Im guessing that his family have kept the shoe box and the receipt, those shoes look fugging brand new and its not like they are going to get much wear is it. A quick gob and polish and they will be as new ready to take back to Deichmanns, eh.

Why the crappy wheelchair, though? Surely he must have a decent one of his own?

• Like 1

Also well-respected by SF fans for playing the slimy politician Simmonds in Space: 1999.

Also well-respected by SF fans for playing the slimy politician Simmonds in Space: 1999.

Trapped in a perspex coffin because the suspended animation didn't work on him.

https://youtu.be/4pQVZ2nikSU?t=2575

Trapped in a perspex coffin because the suspended animation didn't work on him.

https://youtu.be/4pQVZ2nikSU?t=2575

He also played a politician in Babylon 5 and his Grandson Peter Woodward played a regular character in the follow up series Crusade (Edward Woodward was a guest star).