Sign in to follow this  
Rotten Ali

Forum organisation

Can I suggest a major re-jig of the forums please. Currently the DL forums have 3 sub folders...

The current 50 names on the Deathlist.

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

I'm thinking that it would be better laid-out if the forums were instead split 5 ways.

(Retain) the current 50 names thread of the DL.

split the forum into:

Those dead (maybe called the morgue or cemetery) (for just single named threads)

The candidates (only live, single named threads not on the current DL)

Deathlist Forum topics (multi named threads)

And a smaller folder for off subject threads (unconnected to death lists)

Can I suggest a major re-jig of the forums please. Currently the DL forums have 3 sub folders...

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

I'm thinking that it would be better laid-out if the forums were instead split 5 ways.

split the forum into:

Those dead (maybe called the morgue or cemetery) (for just single named threads)

If there's talk of rejigging the forums, you may as well get rid of the ladies one, it hasn't been posted in since 2nd January.

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

And if you want to post you have to sign up. This whole guests can post is a stupid idea. They just post shite the whole time.

• Like 2

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

And if you want to post you have to sign up. This whole guests can post is a stupid idea. They just post shite the whole time.

Mostly yes but 'Mitch Winehouse' was kinda funny

• Like 1

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

This sounds like an awesome idea tbh! I really like the idea of sperating the dea people from the living people a lot.

Mostly yes but 'Mitch Winehouse' was kinda funny

fair doo's

I think guests should be stopped from posting, I mean how often do they make useful posts. Most often they post news of a death a few posts down from where it's being noted or else in the wrong thread.

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

Well you signed up and post shite, why deny guests that opportunity?

Manuel, maybe you want to get a few more posts under your belt before your opinions count?

Thats unless you are one of those irritating c***s who think its brill and right on to have more than one account on here ( no offence 'H' i love ya really :) you know)

Anyway, IMHO, there is enough posts from registered users that are utter w**k ( yeah mine included) to outweigh shit coming from "guests" so we all just need to chill man, chill.

Except for Lardy who can do whatever she likes coz her ranting gives me the fuckin 'orn. :lol:

• Like 1

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

Manuel, maybe you want to get a few more posts under your belt before your opinions count?

Thats unless you are one of those irritating c***s who think its brill and right on to have more than one account on here ( no offence 'H' i love ya really :) you know)

Anyway, IMHO, there is enough posts from registered users that are utter w**k ( yeah mine included) to outweigh shit coming from "guests" so we all just need to chill man, chill.

Except for Lardy who can do whatever she likes coz her ranting gives me the fuckin 'orn. :lol:

In your dreams, Gramps :D

• Like 2

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

I think really there is one 'guest' poster in particular (except when he wasn't ;) ) who encourages others to do likewise. If the admins were able to nip this particular irritant in the bud once and for all then the like-minded fuckwits might be deterred

• Like 1

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

It's good to dream :D

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

Thats made me larf!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Thanks Lardy, I needed that.

I've split these posts from the "Irate visitors post here" topic for obvious reasons.

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

I'm wonder if a separate forum for the dead is a good suggestion, if only because it means that topics must be moved there after a candidate dies. Considering the flak moderators get when they forget to stick the label "dead" to the dead, I'm not too keen on this idea.

The topic of guest posting is a sensitive one. I rather like the principle, but I appreciate that guests' posts rarely contribute positively to the discussion. That said: the same is true of many members' posts.

regards,

Hein

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Your a fuckin comedy genius.... IDIOT !

Could probably do with a specific forum for Peter Falk, so we can be updated on his battle with Alzheimer's.

• Like 4

I like it that guests can post. Admittedly most of them post trite unnecessary stuff but the occasional Mitch Winehouse makes up for that, and of course the occasional genuine celebrity.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Your a fuckin comedy genius.... IDIOT !

So am I a "fuckin comedy genius" or an idiot? You didnt make that overly clear. Now that is poor use of the language and typical of the low standards this forum has endeavoured to sink to.

Maybe this one needs moving over to that grammar thread or summat. :)

As for altering the forum,well it has been changed already ( IMHO the old forum style and set up was more user friendly) and the notion that tinkering makes things better is horseshit. As it stands, people are able to post, navigate and use the forum as it was intended. More faffing about with its structure will do bugger all to enhance the quality of posting let alone the subject matter.

Guests are no worse and no better posters than anybody else. Most are probably existing forum members, some are not and will eventually join and some are no more than trolls who get sexual pleasure posting contentious crap.

Why bother banning a problem that isnt a problem and accounts for fook all on the overall post count?

Basically, stop bloody tinkering with the place.

Let it be, man. :smoking-smiley:

I'm fine with the structure we have now. I could get used to the suggested rearrangement but I don't see an inherent need to change.the structure. If one wants to browse dead names, they can just check the "dead" tag... No real need to separate the dead and alive to different sections.

On the subject of guest posting I don't mind guests all that much. I might just be hard to annoy but I find it very rare that I'm actually irritated by a guest... no real harm in allowing them to post though I can understand the reasoning for the opposite perspective.

I agree with Ali's plan, and with the idea of banning guests from posting.

Didn't think it was going to become a thread in its own right but even after 8 years bouncing about this place I still have too much trouble such as to hanker down if Roger Moore actually has a thread of his own!

Now if the persons of singular note would be grouped together then my blind side OCD would be far happier.

Never the less bringing the subject of guest postings into the equation does not concern me greatly. My main worry in letting guests post is that the spammer doss head is given too much latitude to post a load of shite about stuff we really don't wish to see on "our" boards. We get ranters, I would not like to see their "open mike" opportunities limited in anyway should they be responsible in their concerns.

I've split these posts from the "Irate visitors post here" topic for obvious reasons.

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

I'm wonder if a separate forum for the dead is a good suggestion, if only because it means that topics must be moved there after a candidate dies. Considering the flak moderators get when they forget to stick the label "dead" to the dead, I'm not too keen on this idea.

The topic of guest posting is a sensitive one. I rather like the principle, but I appreciate that guests' posts rarely contribute positively to the discussion. That said: the same is true of many members' posts.

regards,

Hein

I can't help thinking a separate forum for the dead will be realllllllllllllllllllly quiet, but if you can get them to post, go for it! Why not!!

A separate forum for guests however.... I'd go for that.

But, as many have said, guests post shit, registered users post shit and its dead easy for a guest to register and post shit, so what would we gain by banning guests from posting (bearing in mind also that some guests posts may be useful or entertaining)?

The Forum.

The Extra Curricular.

split the forum into:

I agree if the guest posting bast##ds want to throw insults at least make them sign up and work for it . :D

Also I think A separate forum for the dead would be a good idea too. The cemetery as Ali suggested is a good name for it.

Another name could be The Crypt

Another name could be The Crapt

EFA.

yawn