themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2013

Ah, it's December 1st everywhere.

Odstock leads the competition but there are several teams who are still contending and anything could happen.

To be added to the list of the lost (unless I somehow missed something really obvious): Michael Hebranko, former world's fattest man died on July 25th.

His wife posted his death notice on his blog (which Wikipedia is citing as a source).

http://mikehebranko.blogspot.co.uk/

I just happened upon the news while I was flicking through the pages of the DDP website and googling some of the entries.

David Quantick's Showbiz Pals move up into second. The season rests on Ray Price overdoing it onto sherry at the Price family Xmas

A photo finish would put the cherry on a fine competition this year...

Guest August Gloop

I want to enter my team for 2014. Who do I send my team name and list of celebrities to.

I want to enter my team for 2014. Who do I send my team name and list of celebrities to.

Send to this email address: ddp2014@derbydeadpool.co.uk

That is a very low key starting gun for 2014

• Like 1

Hey, I have a question to The Man In Black: In the DDP website, you state that John Stephenson "unfortunately died in 2012, so no points will be awarded...". But this hasn't been confirmed and is thus just a rumour so far. You can read more on his Wikipedia talk page: http://en.wikipedia....ephenson_(actor)

Not sure if that is the same one, unless the one I have in the DDP is wrong!

Best to refer this to Harry McInally, it's his pick!

Katherine Crowe update. Skip to about half way down to get to the health info.

For those who prefer it on a plate, so to speak, the edited highlights:

On a health note, ITS TOUGH. some days are tougher than others. One boob is just a wound, one boob is just a tumour, I have lymph nodes in my collarbone and under my arms like golf balls, I have skin which falls off, I have a lung that I pray does not fill with liquid again. I have wounds that don't heal. Sometimes it is just too much to bare and I almost hope death takes me but its always a very brief thought.

Death does not scare me, death would be a bit of a relief actually. Its dying (its this bit) thats the hard bit. Hoping beyond hope that if I die that it won't be to traumatic ad that my loved ones won't have to watch some horrific scene to give them awful memories - yep that stuff is my nightmares, its the stuff I try and bat out of my head every second of every day. I don't worry about that for myself so much( although of course it scares me) but I do worry about that for my kids. I pray if and when I die it is at least with some dignity and not to traumatic for those around me.

I still think somewhere in my mind that I will come through this that some way, somehow I will survive. I'll always choose to believe that the impossible is possible. I am still here so far and even that for a woman at my age with Inflammatory Breast Cancer without treatment for nearly 3 years I am already a bit of a miracle.

That is a very low key starting gun for 2014

Seconded.

I can understand you not wanting to be swamped by entries but can you at least start a new thread for it at some point (like within two weeks of Dec 31).

Looks like 2013 could be a photo finish. Assuming Willis,Parker and Kowalski get the requisite obits that would be 7 hits the first 9 days of Dec and a pace for at least 20-25 hits for the month.