Spade_Cooley

US Ensemble Dramas/HBO Box Set Shows

38 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Another toothpick...

Great episode 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2023 at 12:36, Spade_Cooley said:

After my one-year-too-early theme team effort with Sopranos alums, someone could do a lot worse than by putting together a team of 20 Wire possibles...

I did end up putting together a Wire themed list. Will be interesting to compare them if anyone else did the same. Certainly not hoping for hits.

Adan Canto, Mexican actor who appeared in The FollowingBlood & OilNarcos, Designated Survivor and starred in The Cleaning Ladyhas died aged 42 following a private battle with appendiceal cancer. He also appeared in X-Men: Days of Future Past

Obituaries: The SunDaily MirrorMetroBBC

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

11 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Adan Canto, Mexican actor who appeared in The FollowingBlood & OilNarcos, Designated Survivor and starred in The Cleaning Ladyhas died aged 42 following a private battle with appendiceal cancer. He also appeared in X-Men: Days of Future Past

Obituaries: The SunDaily MirrorMetro

I really liked him on Designated Survivor, which is an underrated show that ended too quickly.  RIP.  

1 hour ago, MrWonderful said:

I really liked him on Designated Survivor, which is an underrated show that ended too quickly.  RIP.  

The last season ruined the show IMO. 

Ignoring that, amazing actor/show.

14 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

The last season ruined the show IMO. 

Ignoring that, amazing actor/show.

My wife really enjoyed the first series but the second series did not hold her interest - same with Star Trek - Discovery

• Like 2

On 14/11/2023 at 11:47, lilham said:

So this is the 2nd death this year from Euphoria. The first one was actor Angus Cloud, from a multiple drug overdose. He was scouted at rehab and hired to play a drug dealer.
This man also had the tell-tale drug sweats; so I'm curious to see the cause of death.
However, he was not a producer of American Idol: he was the producer of The Idol, which was noted drug addict Weeknd's television debut and rumored to be about Ariana Grande. Very huge difference. Audiences have been discussing Turen's shows for the past couple years as being huge ethics violations, so those associated with them should be on people's deathlist radar.

Not a third death yet, but I came across another article about Euphoria that read as disturbing:

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/dominic-fike-euphoria-sober-coach-failed-season-3-return-unclear-1235879580/

“I’ve done that before, like acted like a drug addict,” Fike said. “I actually am a pretty big drug addict myself, believe it or not. When I was on ‘Euphoria,’ they kind of just gave me a coach who would just talk to you. It was just some random lady. Jack is one of my best friends so it made it a lot easier, obviously.”

Speaking to Variety’s Matt Donnelly at Sundance, Fike said the sober coach was “a random lady that i’d never relate to. We had nothing in common. We didn’t come from the same places or the same problems. It was hard to take advice from someone like that or give a shit.”

As for the upcoming third season of “Euphoria,” Fike was unsure whether or not Elliot will return. He said rejoining the show “would be dope,” but noted: “I don’t really talk to them anymore.”

• Like 1

Picture from a Breaking Bad reunion some days ago:

odenkirk.thumb.jpg.d6d74bae106a24b8f417f73b646eff61.jpg

Especially Anna Gunn looks quite thin but apparently that's due to lupus. Not shown in the image but Mike or whatever his name is looks pretty much the same.

• Like 2

From Ideas/Possibilities Thread 2024:

On 09/06/2023 at 06:21, Estuarian Float said:

Nationally-syndicated US radio host Bob Kevoian diagnosed with gastric cancer.

https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/2023/06/07/bob-kevoian-bob-tom-show-diagnosed-cancer/70298104007/

Not DL material, but good chance of getting the DDP QO.

Well, it's not good news - his brother, actor Peter Kevoian, has reportedly died: 

Played many authority figures, appearing in LA Law, Matlock, and Cheers.