Agkun Kacmaz

Burhan Sargun

Coskun Tas

Uruguay :

Roberto Leopardi 

Omar Mendez

Jose Santamaria

Rafael Souto

Cortes died in 2000, Ochoa in 2004, Jae-Sung in 2015. Can't find the death details for Bravo but he is deceased.

Souto is also deceased but no date known. However a number of Twitter posts refer to him in the past tense. I do believe I posted it here at DL

15 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Cortes died in 2000, Ochoa in 2004, Jae-Sung in 2015. Can't find the death details for Bravo but he is deceased.

Souto is also deceased but no date known. However a number of Twitter posts refer to him in the past tense. I do believe I posted it here at DL

Thank you for your answer. What are your sources for Cortes, Ochoa and Jae Sung ?

Because I checked transfermarkt, Wikipedia (english and spanish) and other sites, and there is no mention of their death. If you already posted it on DL I will check out previous pages 

Jae Sung - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snRMGG2Qsdc (both in description and written description:

프로필 생년월일: 1923년 4월 1일생~2015년(향년 92세) 출신지:불명

As for Cortes and Ochoa, I'd like something firmer proof wise, but on the flip side, there is absolutely nothing to suggest either of them, or Bravo are still alive. The Mexican press aren't bad at covering old footballers recently.

https://peoplepill.com/people/ranulfo-cortes 

https://peoplepill.com/people/mario-ochoa

• Thanks 1

1986 World champion Oscar Garré in ICU after heart attack, but not in danger.

• Like 3

UPDATE.

Last surviving (and still living) coaches [until 1990 - names of living coahces are included]:
1970 - 2/16 (Hernan Carrasco Vivanco, El Salvador; Mario Zagallo, Brazil)
1974 - 2/16 (Rale Rasic, Australia; Mario Zagallo, Brazil)
1978 - 4/16 (Cesar Luis Menotti, Argentina; Jacek Gmoch, Poland; Abdelmajid Chetali, Tunisia; Heshmat Mohajerani, Iran)
1982 - 10/27 [Nations - 8.5/24] (Antoni Piechniczek, Poland; Mahieddine Khalef, Rachid Mekhloufi, Algeria; Felix Latzke, Austria; Cesar Luis Menotti, Argentina; Pipo Rodriguez, El Salvador; Kalman Meszoly, Hungary; Carlos Alberto Parreira, Kuwait; Jose Santamaria, Spain; John Adshead, New Zealand)
1986 - 10/24 (Carlos Bilardo, Argentina; Kim Jung-nam, South Korea; Evaristo de Macedo, Iraq; Bora Milutinovic, Mexico; Gyorgy Mezey, Hungary; Rabah Saadane, Algeria; Sepp Piontek, Denmark; Alex Ferguson, Scotland; Franz Beckenbauer, Germany; Antoni Piechniczek, Poland)
1990 - 16/24 (Josef Hickersberger, Austria; Bob Gansler, United States; Carlos Bilardo, Argentina; Valery Nepomnyashchy, Cameroon; Emerich Jenei, Romania; Sebastiao Lazaroni, Brazil; Bora Milutinovic, Costa Rica; Andy Roxburgh, Scotland; Olle Nordin, Sweden; Francisco Maturana, Colombia; Carlos Alberto Parreira, United Arab Emirates; Franz Beckenbauer, West Germany; Lee Hoe-taik, South Korea; Luis Suarez Miramontes, Spain; Oscar Tabarez, Uruguay; Leo Beenhakker, Netherlands)
1994 - 19/24
1998 - 32/35 [Nations - 29/32]
2002 - 30/33 [Nations - 29/32]
2006 - 26/32
2010 - 29/32
2014 - 30/32
2018 - all of 32

• Like 1

Watching the build up to Wales v USA. Cliff Jones looks amazing for 87 still a lot of years in him but Terry Medwin at 90 not looking that great.

1 minute ago, justonecornetto said:

Watching the build up to Wales v USA. Cliff Jones looks amazing for 87 still a lot of years in him but Terry Medwin at 90 not looking that great.

Here's a photo 

20221121_183438.jpg

On 18/06/2020 at 23:06, Octopus of Odstock said:

1962 – 127 survivors

Hungary

3              DF            Kálmán Mészöly     16 July 1941 (aged 20)

11            FW          Máté Fenyvesi        20 September 1933 (aged 28)

12           DF            Kálmán Sóvári         21 December 1940 (aged 21)

17            FW          Gyula Rákosi           9 October 1938 (aged 23))

20            FW          László Bödör           17 August 1933 (aged 28)     

21            GK           Antal Szentmihályi 3 June 1937 (aged 24)

Report of the death of Kalman Meszoly aged 81: https://sportal-blikk-hu.translate.goog/labdarugas/magyar-labdarugas/elhunyt-meszoly-kalman/2022112121303907805?_x_tr_sl=hu&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Also played in 1966, I believe.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

He did and he was Hungary's coach in the 1982 World Cup. 

There's always fallers of past World Cups whilst the present World Cup is on and I doubt Meszoly will be the last during the tournament.

• Like 1

Roger Milla looks quite well for 70 collecting an award at the World Cup. 

• Like 2

On 01/05/2022 at 15:24, Spade_Cooley said:

I thought Ivica Osim would have had more mentions on the forum, but his sole one comes upthread. Anyway, he's dead at 80. Managed Yugoslavia to the quarters in 1990, and was part of the Yugo squad that finished runners-up in the 1968 Euros. Had a big run as Strum Graz manager in the late 90s as well.

Ivica Osim is interviewed in Sky's new Italia 90 series and looked hellish. Turns out he died two days after filming his interview for it!

• Like 1

On 21/11/2022 at 23:39, Octopus of Odstock said:

He did and he was Hungary's coach in the 1982 World Cup. 

There's always fallers of past World Cups whilst the present World Cup is on and I doubt Meszoly will be the last during the tournament.

Report that Fernando Gomes, participated for Portugal in the 1986 Finals, dead at 66 from pancreatic cancer and having suffered a stroke in October: https://www-abola-pt.translate.goog/nnh/2022-11-26/fc-porto-morreu-o-bibota-de-ouro-fernando-gomes/966190?_x_tr_sl=pt&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Maurice Norman officially reportedly dead: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2022/november/obituary-maurice-norman/

Sure he's a DDP pick. Didn't play though selected in 1958, played in 1962.

Edit: Dementia and cancer. Phew....

And Vascular dementia which can often be quite quick at that age but he had was diagnosed eight years ago. 

Bobby Charlton, Bryan Douglas, Alan Peacock and George Eastham the last four living members of England’s 1962 squad. 

• Like 1

Bobby Charlton and Bryan Douglas are also among the last four living members of England’s 1958 squad, along with Tommy Banks and Colin McDonald

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

Bobby Charlton and Bryan Douglas are also among the last four living members of England’s 1958 squad, along with Tommy Banks and Colin McDonald

Tommy Banks and Colin McDonald have both reached ages I am not sure any members of the 1966 or 1970 squads will reach. 

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Tommy Banks and Colin McDonald have both reached ages I am not sure any members of the 1966 or 1970 squads will reach. 

Tommy Banks is a bit of an outlier - 93 now and while he does have dementia, his family saw it's still mild (so probably age related not football) and he's otherwise in robust health for his age.

• Like 2

Just watching Brazil v Switzerland and Ronaldo (the original one) is in the crowd, he hasn't half put on the pounds. He was always a good build but looks well overweight for someone aged 46

• Like 1

On 28/11/2022 at 17:44, justonecornetto said:

Just watching Brazil v Switzerland and Ronaldo (the original one) is in the crowd, he hasn't half put on the pounds. He was always a good build but looks well overweight for someone aged 46

There was always a fat lad raging to get out there. Luke Shaw is similar, bet he goes tubby pretty quickly after he retires.

• Like 1