Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

On 07/06/2024 at 19:19, diego said:

He was the oldest man in the USA since Jan 24, 2024, now that man is Vincent Dransfield born on May 28, 1914 in Paterson, New Jersey, and lives in Little Falls, New Jersey

Vincent Dransfield dead

• Like 3

21 minutos atrás, chileno disse:

Vincent Dransfield  morto

He is the third man who was considered the oldest in the USA to die this year, after Francis Zouein and Morrie Markoff, in 2023 no man who was the oldest in the country has died
Now the oldest known man in the United States is Eugene John "Gene" Baltes, born October 29, 1914 in Minnesota and living in River Grove, Illinois. He joined the army in 1941. He worked 18 years for the United States Postal Service. USA.
Eugene Baltes is the first man living in Illinois to be considered the oldest in the country since CP Crawford, who died on Nov 23, 2019 and the sixth from that state to have that title, if there is not an unknown case yet

On 31/07/2022 at 01:22, Gisooo said:

American physician Mildred T. Stahlman (Wiki) turns 100 today

She worked as a professor of pediatrics and pathology at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee

--snip--

Mildred T. Stahlman dead aged 101. Obit is behind a NYT paywall. DDP pick.

This is notable for multiple people including @ThereWillBeDeaths7 and @chilean way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Turkish politician Nilüfer Gürsoy (Wikidead at 103

She was the daughter of the third president of Turkey, Celâl Bayar (Wiki) who lived to be 103 like her

image.png.db8338d0044d3e9b8d1af78ac931ec8f.png

• Like 3

On 13/11/2023 at 20:06, MortalCaso said:

She has has been called 'the last Rosie the Riveter'. I've heard this thrown around about others before. Does anyone know if she was indeed the last living?

According to that article, there’s at least 28 surviving Rosie the Riveters

• Thanks 1

Leon Lamar (IMDb) an American actor (born 1919), who appeared in The Hunger Games and Madea film series, is still alive and 105 this August.

Also appeared in She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

image.thumb.png.26813162ac4a68325ce2452a0bb90276.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Leon Lamar (IMDb) an American actor (born 1919), who appeared in The Hunger Games and Madea film series, is still alive and 105 this August.

Does this make him the oldest known living actor?
The oldest I knew of was Arnold Yarrow (b. 17 Apr 1920)
Does anyone know of any older actors alive?

3 minutes ago, diego said:

Does this make him the oldest known living actor?
The oldest I knew of was Arnold Yarrow (b. 17 Apr 1920)
Does anyone know of any older actors alive?

June Spencer and Caren Marsh Doll are slightly older

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldhollywood said:

June Spencer and Caren Marsh Doll are slightly older

Yes, I was referring to male actors, sorry, I wasn't clear

6 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Lamar's age is exaggerated. He was actually born in 1935, as confirmed by this page, which also reveals that he is a registered sex offender.

• Thanks 6
  • Shocked 2

4 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Lamar's age is exaggerated. He was actually born in 1935, as confirmed by this page, which also reveals that he is a registered sex offender.

What the hell!!

In which year was this photo taken? How could they cast him in movies?

Sorry, is there any article or news about this as I don't know if this website is reliable

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Wow, that's surprising, he lied a lot about his age, he really doesn't look much like 105 years old, but he was reported as the oldest actor to participate in the Marvel universe, for his participation in She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. Thanks for letting us know about this

3 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Sorry, is there any article or news about this as I don't know if this website is reliable

There is this, which debunks the 1919 birthdate, with some sources stating 1939, including someone who claims to be his nephew. At the foot of the article is reference to an interview with him from January 2021 which states that he was 85 then, which makes sense to the 1935 birthdate, and seems to be the one that the article believes is most likely correct.

• Thanks 1

On 15/07/2023 at 17:06, drol said:

Edith Renfrow Smith just turned 109. From this article it seems she has spent weeks in hospital in May and also caught COVID there. Of course she is absolutely fine now.

Edith Renfrow Smith turned 110 and is apparently doing extremely well. 

So a non-registered user with a Canadian IP on Wiki is claiming that James C. Floyd (wiki) won’t be reaching his 110th in October as he died some time ago but the family never released an obituary due to them wanting privacy.

This is perfectly plausible. Amateur aviation groups and self-styled gerontologists have been putting out birthday messages every year with no actual evidence of him still being alive. Last credible post about him being alive appears to be from a friend of his in November 2021 when he was “only” 107.

A DDP pick this year so we should probably try to get to the bottom of this... @drol @arghton @Gisooo please keep an eye out for anything helpful.

• Like 7

I believe he is very much dead. The first step would be to report it on the 110 Club. Longeviquest could give an obituary, but other possibilities are bleak as his family deliberatel hid his death all these years.

EDIT: or write to that damn aviation museum on Facebook.

• Like 1

rachel robinson (Wiki) turns 102 today

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 13:40, arghton said:

Wang Huo has undergone a major operation very recently, is described as very weak and family "took time to tell him" (one day)

I'm guessing a heart operation considering his earlier heart problems.

Wang Huo turns 100. The article mentions that he had an intestinal surgery (from what I understand due to hernia or something similar) two months ago but now he is again in "good health".

wang.thumb.jpg.5d2d440c886acb89c4aebff1c8f0ee25.jpg

If nothing else will kill him, one day that pile will.

• Haha 3

On 04/11/2021 at 14:54, Lafaucheuse said:
  • Lilo (b. 1921) : singer and actress
  • Renée Fournier (b. 1921) : entrepeneur
  • Fernand Frantz (b. 1921) : pastor
  • Germain Marc’hadour (b. 1921) : religious man, writer and teacher
  • Marcel Jaurant Singer (b. 1921) : spy and resistant
  • Pierre Parsus (b. 1921) : painter
  • Philippe Oyhamburu (b. 1921) : dancer, choreograph, musician, author, historian, radio host
  • Pierre Labric (b. 1921) : classical teacher and musician
  • Lucette Finas (b. 1921) : author
  • Jacqueline Ferriere (b. 1921): attrasse
  • André Jacob (b. 1921) : philosopher
  • Mélanie Berger Volle (b. 1921) : fashion designer

French pastor Fernand Frantz (Wikidead at 103

On 17/07/2024 at 12:44, Ulitzer95 said:

So a non-registered user with a Canadian IP on Wiki is claiming that James C. Floyd (wiki) won’t be reaching his 110th in October as he died some time ago but the family never released an obituary due to them wanting privacy.

This is perfectly plausible. Amateur aviation groups and self-styled gerontologists have been putting out birthday messages every year with no actual evidence of him still being alive. Last credible post about him being alive appears to be from a friend of his in November 2021 when he was “only” 107.

A DDP pick this year so we should probably try to get to the bottom of this... @drol @arghton @Gisooo please keep an eye out for anything helpful.

I wrote an email to Avro Heritage Museum, they answer me, not something exact, but a little helpful I would say. 

Screenshot_20240724-102326_Gmail.jpg.93cb423e4c1fc0cef6dd612e61c0bb12.jpg

Conclusion: Dead, the year should be 2021 or early 2022 and according to this, he was 106.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 09/05/2022 at 20:57, arghton said:

She'd been battling throat cancer for a while as mentioned here last year. Also very frail.

Here's the updated list of current notable (enough to have an English or Chinese wiki) Chinese/Hong Kong + Taiwan centenarians and those who will (or won't) be 100 this year:

Xia Shuzhang 夏书章 (1919-) Ancient political scientist and father of the Public Administration Master degree.

Xia Shuzhang dead at 105.

• Like 3

Maeda Mitsuhiro was covered this month, but the article does not specify if he is alive or dead.

Henry Hu has been extremely frail for the last two years after a serious bout of pneumonia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Henry Hu has been extremely frail for the last two years after a serious bout of pneumonia.

I vaguely remember an old post about him having been very frail and thought he had already died a year or two ago. Recuperating at home I assume means that he has some kind of a "home hospital" that he's cared in.

On Charles Coste, I think his short appearance was a bit unflattering. He looks much more alive in other recent images.