Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

He did manage to vote, he died two days later! He said that he felt a bit ill so he got to vote at home.

Now that Shyam Saran Negi is dead, only Saalumarada Thimmakka, Fauja Singh and Pappammal remaining from the notable Indians born in the 1910s.

Except that they're all fraudsters and over 15 years younger than what they claim to be. The ones actually born in the 1910s are all dead, 1920 still has Mani Kumar Chetri, Thanga Darlong, C. R. Rao and Pravrajika Bhaktiprana. Not sure about Chetri, but the others seem very frail.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have been expecting one of those three fakers to drop dead for quite some time. Fauja Singh is 94, has retired over ten years ago and has looked increasingly thin in the last few years. It also seems his biographer did not expect him to reach his "110th" birthday. Saalumarada is also 94 and has survived a large number of illnesses, being on her deathbed about seven years ago and recently breaking her hip. Wheelchair bound and cranky for years.

Pappammal should be about 92. At her Padma Shri ceremony she was on a wheelchair and looked extremely frail. Age is ctaching up with them even if they are faking it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arghton said:

He did manage to vote, he died two days later! He said that he felt a bit ill so he got to vote at home.

Now that Shyam Saran Negi is dead, only Saalumarada Thimmakka, Fauja Singh and Pappammal remaining from the notable Indians born in the 1910s.

Except that they're all fraudsters and over 15 years younger than what they claim to be. The ones actually born in the 1910s are all dead, 1920 still has Mani Kumar Chetri, Thanga Darlong, C. R. Rao and Pravrajika Bhaktiprana. Not sure about Chetri, but the others seem very frail.

Here's a new 1920 name for you – Jang Bahadur Singh (wiki), folk singer and wrestler.

• Like 2

A few new centenarians...

Russian philologist Aza Takho-Godi reached 100 at the end of last month as did Léon Gautier, last living of the 177 Frenchmen to have taken part in the Normandy landings during WWII.

Michael Loewe, British Sinologist, reached 100 three days ago.

Sir Sydney Kentridge, South African-British lawyer, anti-apartheid activist and judge known for being the defence lawyer of Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Albert Luthuli, is 100 today. Discussed here before.

María Isabel Rodríguez, one of the first four women elected to the Legislative Assembly of El Salvador in 1956 and the Minister of Health and Social Welfare 2009-2014, is 100 today.

• Like 1

Doris Grumbach dead at 104.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

English writer Ronald Blythe CBE (Wiki) turns 100 today 

Ronald Blythe: My not so quiet village life | The Independent | The  Independent

• Like 3

Peruvian politician, physician, pathologist, researcher and former Minister of Health, Uriel García Cáceres (Spanish wiki), is 100 today.

uriel.png.978e70ed109ebb16c8e528b198a491d1.png

• Like 1

On 22/04/2022 at 18:39, arghton said:

Picked Suominen as my sub in the Centenarians DP. Should've picked him instead of that indestructible Poltawska. Same for Musuguri and Haifeng. 

All three still alive. Wanda Półtawska made an appearance a few days ago:

poltawska.thumb.jpg.215eef42952efc46fe9a944de9d32d3d.jpg

On 09/05/2022 at 20:57, arghton said:

She'd been battling throat cancer for a while as mentioned here last year. Also very frail.

Here's the updated list of current notable (enough to have an English or Chinese wiki) Chinese/Hong Kong + Taiwan centenarians and those who will (or won't) be 100 this year:

Tang Youqi 唐有祺 (1920-) Physical chemist. Frail.

Tang Youqi dead at 102.

• Like 3

Frank Prihoda died at age 101, he was an alpine skier born in the Czech Republic, but lived in Australia since 1950, participated in the 1956 Winter Olympics Interestingly, the same year he had the Summer Olympics in Melbourne, Australia, where he died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Prihoda

• Like 2

On 23/10/2020 at 19:13, drol said:

Virginia McLaurin was born in 1917 apparently. Nothing strange in having a son at 16. Fauja is circa 10 years younger than his claimed age. He is not doing well right now anyway.

Virginia McLyin' (wiki) dead at "113" (105).

EDIT: A DDP pick for 3 teams. Should get a QO given that she danced with Barack and Michelle.

1193784766_Screenshot2022-11-14at14_20_56.thumb.png.623557d76f4302b8a31b2d4b8c75de80.png 

• Like 5
  • Shocked 3

Finally!

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, drol said:

Finally!

But Fraudster Singh still lives! How does that make you feel?

• Haha 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

But Fraudster Singh still lives! How does that make you feel?

Fraudster Singh lives, Fraudster Thimmakka lives and Fraudster Pappammal lives. Maybe one day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

Fraudster Singh lives, Fraudster Thimmakka lives and Fraudster Pappammal lives. Maybe one day.

True, though Singh has been on our radars for well over a decade now. The others cropped up on here much later.

I thought he would've died in the 2000s to be honest, then we learnt of his real age!

• Like 1

I hate age fakers!

• Like 1

Is psychiatrist Robert R. Holt really still alive? 

I can't value his importance in his field and has not been heard about since his 100th birthday, unless I'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, drol said:

I can't value his importance in his field and has not been heard about since his 100th birthday, unless I'm wrong.

I actually had a search online the other day to get to the bottom of this. Didn’t find anything unfortunately. To be fair, I didn’t check searchpeoplefree or MyLife. I’m out this evening so maybe someone else can have a look.

15 minutes ago, drol said:

Was alive as of September 2021, and was covered in June 2020 and December 2019. So, probably.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaDeathGuy said:

On that note, is James C. Floyd still alive? Supposedly 108 and last confirmation was at 100.

I doubt he could die off radar. He seems to be a pretty large name in  Canada and his 108th was celebrated by multiple facebook accounts. My guess is that he's alive but not has been in poor health for a while considering he hasn't made appearances in ages.

Angel Martín Taboas, seems like a minor name, when was the last time we heard of him?

• Like 1