Deathray

The Hare's Death Pool

Eesti, entries closed at 1600 but I'm permitted you're time because fuck it

Reserved for 2015 Masterlist

Which I hope is some compensation for me ruling out the 18 and a half hour late Deathrace team (mainly because we'd already had some disagreements about whether to let in Estuarian Float's late arriving team and by the time Eesti's mob arrived the masterlist was done and dusted).

Well. Fuck.

I actually didn't even consider the possibilities that deadlines could be before the very last second of the year. That's why I posted my teams to Hare's Death Pool, Deathrace and Hartlepool Deadlypool so last minute. I believed that the deadline is 31st December 23:59. As I can see, I could have been fucked in two of them but thanks to Deathray I'm still 'in' Hare's Death Pool. Thanks again! Am I also ruled out from Hartlepool Deadlypool?

About Deathrace - I can't see what kind of advantage I could gain with that 18 and a half hour. I also missed 2014. Sad to see that I have to wait for another year. Silly rules.

Eesti, entries closed at 1600 but I'm permitted you're time because fuck itReserved for 2015 Masterlist

Which I hope is some compensation for me ruling out the 18 and a half hour late Deathrace team (mainly because we'd already had some disagreements about whether to let in Estuarian Float's late arriving team and by the time Eesti's mob arrived the masterlist was done and dusted).

Well. Fuck.

I actually didn't even consider the possibilities that deadlines could be before the very last second of the year. That's why I posted my teams to Hare's Death Pool, Deathrace and Hartlepool Deadlypool so last minute. I believed that the deadline is 31st December 23:59. As I can see, I could have been fucked in two of them but thanks to Deathray I'm still 'in' Hare's Death Pool. Thanks again! Am I also ruled out from Hartlepool Deadlypool?

About Deathrace - I can't see what kind of advantage I could gain with that 18 and a half hour. I also missed 2014. Sad to see that I have to wait for another year. Silly rules.

No, if you want in on the Hartlepool just stick your team in, bearing in mind that your picks have to remain alive for at least 36 hours before they are elliagable to score you points.

Well. Fuck.

The whole point about closing entries a day early is to start Deathrace bang on the start of the year and have everything go live right away, masterlist (which I compile on New Years Eve) and all. That way the whole competition is out in plain sight when the deaths start and there's no arguments about anything underhand. And, this year and last, the point scoring deaths have started in the first couple of days.

Well. Fuck.

The whole point about closing entries a day early is to start Deathrace bang on the start of the year and have everything go live right away, masterlist (which I compile on New Years Eve) and all. That way the whole competition is out in plain sight when the deaths start and there's no arguments about anything underhand. And, this year and last, the point scoring deaths have started in the first couple of days.

Not any of my contestants has died yet. But rules are rules and I accept them.

Well. Fuck.

Not any of my contestants has died yet. But rules are rules and I accept them.

Yeah, so get in on time this year and then feel free to heap abuse on those who post entries too late.

Heinrich Windelen, former german minister for "Displaced Persons, Refugees and War Victims" as well as for "Intra-German Relations" is dead:

http://www.wn.de/Muensterland/Kreis-Warendorf/Kreisseite-Warendorf/1888713-Trauer-um-Heinrich-Windelen-Der-fruehere-Bundesminister-ist-tot

I described him above as "another ancient politician".

I had Pamela Cundell who died on Valentines Day.

Just to be clear I'm aware fuckers have died and ruined my happy do-fuck all approach to this deadpool, an update will be forthcoming at some point in the near future.

In addition can a mod change this threads tagline to: "the most ineffcient deadpool of the lot" just so all contests are as clear as can be on the way this pool works.

Thank you for bringing to attention these deaths though: I'll make sure to award points when I do the general check I'd planned tonight.

EDIT: Thanks to the mod who serviced my request in a (ironically?) very efficient manner.

First mass google of the year done. Maths done by spreadsheet rather than me so should hopefully be more trustworthy than last years back of a crisp packet attempts:

6/234 have ceased to be so far.

Little Jimmy Dickens demise on Jan 2 was worth a measly 1 points to Death Impends

Ethel Langs demise on Jan 15 brought 14 points to Toast, mpfc, deadsox and the engineer

Jerry Tarkanians demise on Feb 12 brought 41 points to Death Impends

Louis Jordain's demise on Feb 14 brought 43 points to Eesti

Pamella Cundells demise on Feb 14 brough 43 points to Shaun of the Dead

Heinrich Windelins demise on Feb 15 brought 44 points to gcreptile

Leaderboard

gcreptile 44 points

Shaun of the Dead 43 points

Eesti 43 points

Death Impends 42 points

Toast 14 points

mpfc 14 points

deadsox 14 points

the engineer 14 points

Everyone else 0 points

Did you actually get my entry because I just checked and I had Loius Jourdan and I had played my joker on Jeffrey Segal which I calculate gives me 117 points?

Edit: I have checked back and I am there squeezed between Shaun of the Dead and The Engineer.

Points please.....

Stuart Wagstaff died on the 10th March. Obit of sorts in the Daily Mail.

So sad about Terry Pratchetts death but he got me some fine points here...

As promised here's an update:

After just about three months in play and 14/233* dead here's the scores on the doors.

Death Impends 243 (Irving Khan, Jerry Tarkanian, Lee Kuan Yew, Little Jimmy Dickens, Sam Simon)

The Unknown Man 189 (Leonard Nimoy, Sam Simon (W) )

Estuarian Float 174 (Ahmed Givens, Leonard Nimoy, Sam Simon)

Rotten Ali 147 (Lee Kuan Yew, Sam Simon

the_engineer 146 (Ethel Lang, Sam Simon (W) )

Eesti 132 (Sam Simon (W))

deadsox 131 (Ahmed Givens, Ethel Lang, Sam Simon)

Whoam 123 (Leonard Nimoy, Sam Simon)

CaptainChorizo 117 (Ahmed Givens, Sam Simon)

Bibliogryphon 114 (Jeffrey Segal (W), Louis Jordain)

Shaun of the Dead 110 (Pamella Cundell, Sam Simon)

maryportfuncity 80 (Ethel Lang,Sam Simon)

Book 70 (Terry Pratchett)

msc 68 (Stuart Wagstaff)

gcreptile 46 (Heinrich Windelin)

Toast 14 (Ethel Lang)

*Also I'd like to give a special shout out to Estuarian who's team member Prince Bernhard died in 2004.

• Like 1

Manoel de Olivera and Robert Schuller from my team died. I think a few other people picked 1 or both of them as well.

• Like 1

Viv Nicholson died yesterday .That`s hit number 3 for me!

Ellen Albertini Dow has died I think it maybe a unique pick for me but can't be 100% sure.

2015 Team

18Bernice Paolozzi

dead

I had dave Benton and Maryport had chris woodhead.

I had dave Benton and Maryport had chris woodhead.

A vicious and unfounded rumour, I shall consult my lawyers!

• Like 1

GOOD NEWS. An update will be completed by the end of this month day.

GOOD NEWS. An update will be completed by the end of this month.

Respect Deathray, I appreciate the effort. One thing I (usually) like about the Deathrace is that it's over and done in a few months, your willingness to put in 12 months solid graft is recognised by a fellow traveller.

• Like 1

Respect Deathray, I appreciate the effort. One thing I (usually) like about the Deathrace is that it's over and done in a few months, your willingness to put in 12 months solid graft is recognised by a fellow traveller.

Thanks for the kind words. It's not too much work really. Especially this way - just boils down to the odd afternoon here and there. Anyway on to that all important - and very very busy - update: (As always if any carkers are missing - produce an obit and they'll be added sometime in the next month)

Deaths so far this Year (29/233)

Little Jimmy Dickens (2nd January 2015) [1 point]
Ethel Lang (15 January 2015) [14 points]
Jeffrey Segal (5 February 2015) [35 points]
Jerry Tarkanian (11th February 2015) [41 points]

Pamella Cundell (14th February 2015) [44 points]

Louis Jordan (14 February 2015) [44 points]

Heinrich Windelin (16 February 2015) [46 points]

Ahmad Givens (21 February 2015) [51 points]

Irving Khan (24th February 2015) [53 points]

Leonard Nimoy (27th February 2015) [57 points]
Sam Simon (8th March 2015) [66 points]
Stuart Wagstaff (10th March 2015) [68 points]
Terry Pratchett (12 March 2015) [70 points]
Lee Kuan Yew (23rd March 2015) [81 points]
Misoa Okawa (1 April 2015) [90 points]
Manoel de Oliveria (2nd April 2015) [91 points]
Robert H Schuller (2nd April 2015) [91 points]
Richie Benaud (10th April 2015) [99 points]
Viv Nicholson (11th April 2015) [100 points]
Percy Sledge (14 April 2015) [104 points]
Colin Bloomfield (25 April 2015) [114 points]
Francis George (17th April 2015) [116 points]
Ellen Albertini Dow (4 May 2015) [123 points]
Dave Benton (25th May 2015) [144 points]
Ron Moody (11th June 2015) [161 points]
Kirk Kerkorian (15th June 2015) [165 points]
Jean Dore (15 June 2015) [165 points]
Jeralean Talley (17th June 2015) [167 points]
Chris Woodhead (23 June 2015) [173 points]

Scoreboard

deadsox 604 points (Ethel Lang, Ahmad Givens, Sam Simon, Misoa Okawa, Percy Sledge, Colin Bloomfield, Jean Dore)

CaptainChorizo 580 points (Ahmad Givens, Sam Simon, Manoel de Oliveria, Robert H Schuller, Francis Geoge, Kirk Kerkorian)

Rotten Ali 442 points (Sam Simon, Lee Kuan Yew, Misao Okawa, Robert H Schuller, Colin Bloomfield)

the_engineer 437 points (Ethel Lang, Sam Simon, Misao Okawa, Ellen Albertini Dow, Dave Benton)

Eesti 399 points (Sam Simon, Colin Bloomfield, Chris Woodhead)

Death Impends 333 points (Little Jimmy Dickens, Jerry Tarkanian, Irving Khan, Sam Simon, Lee Kuan Yew, Robert H Schuller)

maryportfuncity (Ethel Lang, Sam Simon, Misao Okawa, Chris Woodhead)

msc 329 points (Stuart Wagstaff, Richie Benaud, Ron Moody)

Whoam 268 points (Leonard Nimoy, Sam Simon, Richie Benaud)

Estuarian Float 265 points (Ahmad Givens, Leonard Nimoy, Sam Simon, Robert H Schuller)

Toast 247 points (Ethel Lang, Sam Simon, Jeralean Talley

Shaun of the Dead 210 points (Pamella Cundell, Viv Nicholson, Sam Simon)

The Unknown Man 189 points (Leonard Nimoy, Sam Simon[WC])

gcreptile 137 points (Heinrich Windelin, Manoel de Oliveria)

Bibliogryphon 79 points (Jeffrey Segal, Louis Jourdan)

Book 70 points (Terry Pratchett)

• Like 2

Did anyone else have Patrick Macnee ?

(As always if any carkers are missing - produce an obit and they'll be added sometime in the next month)

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/model-nadia-forde-mothers-bedside-5840898#rlabs=1

bernice paolozzi