Eh..... the guy's clearly a trooper. Or he just has plenty of cash to spend on experimental treatments that poor people can't get. Or both. I'm tempted to make a total U-turn on my previous sentiments and say he'll make it into 2015. Then again 4 months is a long time. Then again again, he looks better than $teve Job$ did and he was around for years.

He may of gained a little weight due to using steroids and his body basically throwing everything it has left at the cancer, Its usually followed by a steep decline. Same thing happened on these forums with robin gibb when he looked like he suddenly improved and was doing alternate treatments too!! A few weeks later he was dead.

I think he looks really ill gaunt and drained! He has looked like that for a while now but it is still incredibly sad to see him like this! I am inclined to agree with Dr Zorders as I have never known anyone with the stage 4 cancer live nearly two years. A friend of mine1s father was diagnosed with colorectal cancer that had metastasized to his liver and he died 8 months later. Sam Simon has cancer in all the major organs and brain so this must be getting near a record. Can anyone think of someone who lived 2 years with a cancer that had metastasized into 6 different places?

September 3rd

September 3rd

Or what's left of it, right?

September 3rd

He's american, I think he lives in California. The California time zone gives me 9 (?) more hours!

September 3rd

He's american, I think he lives in California. The California time zone gives me 9 (?) more hours!

Not now it doesn't. The man's still breathing, right?

September 3rd

Not now it doesn't. The man's still breathing, right?

Ah well, when I posted that, the 3rd was just as likely as the other guesses, seeing how Mr. Simon had already lived quite a bit into his "rest-of-life expectancy".

-You`re going to need it mate!

-He has got his results and they show new cancer activity!

Guest Abigail

That's hardly surprising. Stage IV cancer might be kept under control for some time with chemo, but sooner or later it will inevitably lose sensitivity to these drugs. It already happened a few months ago (there was the report that the chemo stopped working), then the cencer metastasized to his lungs. They tried some 'new drugs', ie. second line therapy that had was less likely to be effective (that's why they went with a different combination initially), and now for a last ditch effort to buy him some time... But this time it's likely just weeks, not years - IF they even work (which is not guaranteed).

The guy has a positive attitude and is apparently not willing to let go, but I'd be very surprised if he lived to see 2015.

He will go down hill quickly now the chemo has stopped working.

He will go down hill quickly now the chemo has stopped working.

Agreed, if he makes it to next year i will be very surprised, I'll give him to the 15th November.

He'll survive this year, then die before Spring ends, methinks. Then The Simpsons will be cancelled.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/09/sam-simon-terminal-cancer-philanthropy?mbid=social_twitter -A link to a vanity fair article about Sam!Doesn`t tell us anything new except that he is also suffering from neuropathy and previously couldn`t feel below his knees.The picture of his colostomy bag is a step too far in my opinion though!

Guest Ali Abdul Al-Muhammadi

Sam keeps us updated on his chemo regimen (erbitux, oxaliplatin and fluorouracil) and their serious side effects including diarrhea (and shitting his bed recently). That part was a bit surprising to me, I thought the colonostomy bag is where the end products were diverted, but maybe not all of it.

Anyways, the guy is still in high spirits so I wouldn't count on his immediate demise. (Which is a good thing really, since he seems to be a nice bloke and still gets to enjoy himself and helping animals in distress despite his advanced cancer.)

Yes it was taken yesterday.

Is there any indication about when that photo was taken?

Yes. Last night. (he took it from his Twitter feed....)

See, this photo is reason #523892357 I'm glad I don't work in a hospital........ he looks awful.

He must have told that nurse a really good joke for her to be smiling like that.

Or, maybe she's just seen so many hundreds of patients die in her time that she is now as indifferent to suffering as a witch. Or at least a Goldman Sachs area manager.

I want to check the oil level on my car, d'ya think I could use Simon for that purpose?

Fair pair on the burd richt 'nuff.

Fair pair on the burd richt 'nuff.

He likes big racks

May be that is what has kept him going so long?I can`t see him making Christmas but he keeps proving us all wrong so you never know.

I want to check the oil level on my car, d'ya think I could use Simon for that purpose?

You dipstick