The difference for me btwn a possible top 15 DDP finish or closer to 30th seems to rest on whether he is a hit this Dec or Jan 2015 :ph34r:

I swapped him as joker for my 2015 DDP entry however if the younger candidate goes before then it will almost certainly go back to Sam!

Guest theendisnigh

He has entered the final stages of the disease.

First, he tried to put on a brave face and pretend he is "fighting" against the disease, now he is complaining about… just about everything.

Thanks to my fellow cancer patients on twitter. Sometimes this is really rough.

14 Dec 12 - 2:54pm

And he prefers to stay sedated all day.

Asked nursejulie for 2 Mgs atavan... SCORE! Nite. I won't be conscious or tweeting next8 hrs. pic.twitter.com/zwVqVRCJIg

14 Dec 9 - 7:51am

And lately he is on about how heroic and "badass" he is, compared to other celebrity cancer sufferers (notably Roger Ebert) - who was "just paid to watch movies" vs. him who is saging animals.

I always prefer my animals saged.

• Like 1

who's date is it next on the sweepstake?

Now in the territory of "Guest Walter Wall" till midnight on the 2nd January.

Now in the territory of "Guest Walter Wall" till midnight on the 2nd January.

And wall-to-wall dead pool joker territory if he's still breathing in a week or so, right?

Looks that way, but should he make it to the 6th of June then his death will only be worth 8 points. That's not impossible, and may make Caroline Aherne, Rob Ford or Daisy Berkowitz better value.

The real deal will always be having some dead cert who exits before their 30th birthday.

Caroline Aherne is not nailed on as terminal though?? and I doubt he will make June 6th he`s now on nearly constant painkillers and sedatives not a good sign.

The real deal will always be having some dead cert who exits before their 30th birthday.

l.jpg

• Like 1

-Being kept comfortable which usually is a euphemism for royally screwed!

Looks that way, but should he make it to the 6th of June then his death will only be worth 8 points. That's not impossible, and may make Caroline Aherne, Rob Ford or Daisy Berkowitz better value.

You make it sound so easy! The thing with the other three candidates you mention is that they all have a chance while there's no way Simon is going to make it to 2016. Ford's chemo is reportedly working, we hadn't had any real news of Aherne for some time now which could mean anything and Berkowitz, well, he looks more promising.

It may be that Simon only wants to see Christmas (though his willingness to chase any miniscule amount of life has been impressive so far). "Royally screwed" just about sums it up from all the evidence. Let's hope he sees 2015!

Daisy Berkowitz also has stage 4 colon cancer so I can`t see him getting to 2016.As with Aherne and Ford I have picked them both for the DDP but aren`t confident either way on them.They both have serious forms of cancer and a history of mental health ,substance abuse but they aren`t terminal (as far as we know)

Pesci's performance is entertaining; he's squat, energetic, utterly confident, unselfconscious and essentially warm-hearted. He deserves a better screenplay than this one, by Sam Simon, which throws in little lessons in humanity almost according to a formula.

Ebert reviewing a film called The Super in 1991. It apparently flopped badly. I wonder if our Sam still holds a grudge.

Guest Droosy

Sam is just teasing us! He will crank it on 31st December!

Sam is just teasing us! He will crank it on 31st December!

Fucking hope not, he has important work to do for lots of us in the New Year.

I think he'll, just, make it.

• Like 1

It would be a hell of a quick deteriation if he did!He was pictured on Twitter yesterday looking the same as he has in the last 3-4 months!

It would be a hell of a quick deteriation if he did!He was pictured on Twitter yesterday looking the same as he has in the last 3-4 months!

Yeah, but I think we can safely say he won't do a Wilko next year.

No he is going to do a Robin Gibb/Patrick Swayze!

Simon will fall into the problem of every half-decent team in 2015 having him as a player though, making his value to your side roughly zero.

Unfortunately, a player who wants to win can hardly afford to leave him out.

regards,

Hein

Simon will fall into the problem of every half-decent team in 2015 having him as a player though, making his value to your side roughly zero.

So, he's more of a tension builder in the HPDP and/or Deathrace where the sequence and timing are everything.
  • Like 3