Rotten Ali

Ebola and Other Viruses

Ebola is often considered one of the cuter looking deadly microbe cuddly toys. Or so I hear.

Is that worse?

• Like 3

Guest Chewie

Interesting behaviour: 2 day lock down so EVERYONE dashes to the shops to stock up. Sit at home for a bit. Declare the country E-free and all gather to have parties. With that amount of extra social mixing the virus should have a great boost !

OMHO

I woke up this morning in a terrible state, I was covered in lottery tickets. I dashed to the doctor and he said, "Ah, I've been expecting this, the uk's first case of tombola."

Can somebody direct me to the coat rack? I'm sure I saw it on the way in.

• Like 2

So what your really saying is all doctors are cretins?

Preaching to the converted here doc ;)

Does this mean you saw my post in the Hollywood thread?

My heads on fire

I feel so tired

My pulse is faint and slow.

I'm a doctor hero so

E-bowling I will go. ^_^

I look so pale

I feel so strange

Fresh air might do some good

Hi Ho the Derry O

I'm in your neighborhood!

I gotta rash

It's small enough

To cover with a scarf

Hi Ho the Derry....Oh

Hell I'm gonna barf

A returning health worker means there's a case in Glasgow now.

Thankfully, having thought about for, ooooh 20 seconds, they are doing the obvious thing and transferring the dame to London :D

If the entire populace of Glasgow was reduced to a bunch of discoloured, bed-ridden zombies who spend all day vomiting, who would notice the difference?

• Like 1

If the entire populace of Glasgow was reduced to a bunch of discoloured, bed-ridden zombies who spend all day vomiting, who would notice the difference?

Harsh Zorders, but I can see some substance to the argument.

Harsh Zorders, but I can see some substance to the argument.

Which substance.... alcohol or lard?

I'm mindful of the time Paul the Postie and his mates struck Deathrace gold by finding the name of a rabies infected woman in Belfast on the website of her local paper and then struck gold by getting her on their team. Then again, I'm guessing this stricken health worker in Glasgow will suffer...before surviving the Ebola.

I'm mindful of the time Paul the Postie and his mates struck Deathrace gold by finding the name of a rabies infected woman in Belfast on the website of her local paper and then struck gold by getting her on their team. Then again, I'm guessing this stricken health worker in Glasgow will suffer...before surviving the Ebola.

Whatever happened to Paul the Postie? Did he quit/die/leave mysteriously/get bored of Deathraces?

Guest Ebola sucks!

Latest update I found is 20,000 reported cases. Less that half that have died. I also saw an article that There are about 1200-1400 suspected cases being watched by authorities in the USA. (Yahoo News at the end of 2014). Have not seen anything about Britain's suspected cases yet. There is a predicted number of 40,000 cases by the end of February 2015 (if the Death rate is 50%, then There could be 20,000 dead by then). The number of cases seems to be doubling every 60 days, so You do the math.

I would be interest what information others have about this. From Germany and other places. Thanks.

I would be interest what information others have about this. From Germany and other places. Thanks.

Three or four Dutch who were in West Africa were isolated in hospitals in the Netherlands as suspected Ebola cases. None turned out to be infected. One Nigerian ebola aid worker who was infected in Liberia was flown to the Netherlands and treated in a special isolated ward in Utrecht. After two weeks he was declared cured, released and returned to Liberia.

regards.

Hein

Guest Ebola sucks!

Thank You Hein!

I just read There is someone in Scotland who is pretty bad off. No one here in Norway, that they are reporting anyway. The one last was cured a while back. We live in interesting times.

Thank You Hein!

I just read There is someone in Scotland who is pretty bad off.

No there isn't. She got off the plane from London, got tested positive and got punted straight back to London.

Nurse Pauline Cafferkey in a critical condition. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30666265

Looks the picture of health on BBC News at the moment.

Made a full recovery.

Surprisingly, she wont be returning to Africa anytime soon............