Pistol Knight

Scottish Independence

Good for you. Any nation that considers itself seriously, needs it's own independence. I think it would be huge bonus for both Scotland and the remaining countries of the UK that a new forward looking and thinking nation be formed by Scottish self governance. Be strong. Be proud, you don't need the coattails of empire to hold you enthralled and beholden.

I'm wondering if Labour/Lib Dem voters are coming around to the idea that an Independent Scotland would ensure at least one part of the British Isles is permanently centre-left and the Tories will never bother them again...

This last minute Devo-Max bribe shit by Osborne (sic) < deliberate... is fucking illegal.

Bw7frDGCIAAH467.jpg

The cunt should be hung.

That aside, the 'politics' of this are just outright shite.

It is NOT an Election. It IS a Referendum.

Options/

1 / I wan't to be part of the Butchers Apron.

2 / I wan't to free of the Butchers Apron.

That is it in a fuckin' nutshell.

''What about the Oil, how much is my single parents benefits gonna be, will inheritance Tax be affected by more than a tenner... '' , all the people that ask that should not be allowed the Vote. Put them in the Camps to be set up in time for Xmas :)

Politics will be on the agenda after the Vote, which ever way it falls, but in no way should it have a part in the Referendum.

I'm mainly following this because I derive a sick pleasure from watching Great Britain getting reduced even more down to the City of London and a couple of derivative industries. That country has been the most serious one about killing Big Labour and connecting its fate to Big Capital. I'd love to see Scotland independent, because that's going to give the financial industry even more power over rump UK's politics, potentially pushing it away from the EU, towards the interests of Russian and Arab billionaires, alienating Wales and Northern Ireland in the process. The symbolism of Big Capital tearing countries apart warms my social democratic heart. I think I'm even going to root for Scotland against Germany tonight.

I'm wondering if the apparent surge to yes is all it appears to be. Reminds me of the bouyant Labour Party almost celebrating victory at a Sheffield rally before John Major won an overall majority in 1992. The fallout made it clear lots of people told pollsters on thing and then thought only of their bank balance and long term security in the privacy of the polling booth. Most people intending to vote yes seem aware they're voting for more financial uncertainty. In that final split second, I wonder if they'll continue to think that financial uncertainty worth the bonus of never having another Conservative leader.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the apparent surge to yes is all it appears to be. Reminds me of the bouyant Labour Party almost celebrating victory at a Sheffield rally before John Major won an overall majority in 1992. The fallout made it clear lots of people told pollsters on thing and then thought only of their bank balance and long term security in the privacy of the polling booth. Most people intending to vote yes seem aware they're voting for more financial uncertainty. In that final split second, I wonder if they'll continue to think that financial uncertainty worth the bonus of never having another Conservative leader.

Which should have nothing to do with the Vote.

There is always 'Financial Uncertainty'.

Alex Salmond is insisting Scotland will continue to use the 3 points from the match tonight because they are Scotland's points as much as Germany's.

And I'm not saying all Yessers are junkies, but all junkies are Yessers.

If you look at the trend of voting, its the scumbags on welfare with nothing to lose who are propping up what is laughably called a 'grass roots' campaign for Yes.

• Like 1

I am watching this from afar with great interest. I have no Scottish ancestry or affiliation with Scotland whatsoever, so it is just a case of me sitting on the sidelines, munching popcorn and enjoying the show.

If you look at the trend of voting, its the scumbags on welfare with nothing to lose who are propping up what is laughably called a 'grass roots' campaign for Yes.

Oh yes! Protect the persons of property from the progeny of the proletariat. Property must always come before people, such is the mantra of Capitalism.

I like to think of more as 'I have fuck all because I'm a feckless idiot, what can I lose if society decends into anarchy?' versus 'I've worked hard all my life to afford this house and it will all be for naught if the country in which it was built collapses into a third world country, like Ireland did'.

If you look at the numbers, it make no sense. If you look at what Salmond can actually demonstrate will happen, it makes no sense. If you believe the word of a proven liar, then I suppose maybe it looks okay.

All the jingoism in the world wont put more food on the table of the poor.

I like to think of more as 'I have fuck all because I'm a feckless idiot, what can I lose if society decends into anarchy?' versus 'I've worked hard all my life to afford this house and it will all be for naught if the country in which it was built collapses into a third world country, like Ireland did'.

Capitalism needs an underclass, it gives the working poor someone to look down on.

Yes. But that underclass doesn't need to screw the fucking pooch by demanding FREEEEDUMB from the society they leech off.

Yes. But that underclass doesn't need to screw the fucking pooch by demanding FREEEEDUMB from the society they leech off.

The underclass leech a lot less from society than those at the top table of capitalism, the CEO's & directors of large corporations. They get rich off the labour of others.

I know right? Imagine you took the personal risk and responsibility for running an entire company and then expected more money than the guy who sweeps the floor 8 hours a day! What a douche you'd be. Imagine you worked 16 hours a day, every day running a multinational company and expected to be rewarded for your efforts! What a turd!

The rich don't 'leech' from society, they create the environment in which its okay for most of us to not pay much tax (The average Scotsman is a negative contributor to society in terms of tax paid vs services used) because someone, somewhere is paying way more than their share.

But hey, they have more stuff than us so fuck them, right? Lets split from them and go our own way, because in no way will iScotland be run by the rich and powerful as well. Oh no, every big issue seller will have his say and every junkie will be heard in Salmond's paradise of the ages. Scotland will become a nation of winners over night, no doubt.

I know right? Imagine you took the personal risk and responsibility for running an entire company and then expected more money than the guy who sweeps the floor 8 hours a day! What a douche you'd be. Imagine you worked 16 hours a day, every day running a multinational company and expected to be rewarded for your efforts! What a turd!

The average CEO has an easier job than the guy at the bottom, he has a large degree of control, the little guy is a powerless cog. The average CEO certainly doesn't work 16 hrs a day.

Even when they fail, the worst that happens to them is they are let go, usually with a big fat severance cheque. When you're at the top of the executive ladder failure is often rewarded, when you're at the bottom failure is never rewarded.

• Like 2

Did you know that naive is Evian spelled backwards?

'The average CEO' has responsibility for an entire company, tens, or hundreds, or thousands of people depend on his decisions and stewardship for their livelihoods, a board holds him to account for their financial interests and the law holds him to account for the practices of those below him. His job is to be, at all times, working for the advancement of his company and you are naive in the extreme if you think people are just given positions like that for no reason. Its usually the result of years and years of dedication and service to a company or a past record of excellence elsewhere.

Guy on the bottom has responsibility for making sure the water is hot enough in his bucket to clean to floor and putting out a sign to warn others the floor is wet. He goes home at night and forgets about the place he just walked out of until he has to leave again to go back the next day.

And I'm far closer to the mopper than the CEO, believe me. I just don't buy into the false notion that the little guy has some moral highground over the big guy because he gets paid less. Its bullshit.

• Like 1

Did you know that naive is Evian spelled backwards?

'The average CEO' has responsibility for an entire company, tens, or hundreds, or thousands of people depend on his decisions and stewardship for their livelihoods, a board holds him to account for their financial interests and the law holds him to account for the practices of those below him. His job is to be, at all times, working for the advancement of his company and you are naive in the extreme if you think people are just given positions like that for no reason. Its usually the result of years and years of dedication and service to a company or a past record of excellence elsewhere.

Guy on the bottom has responsibility for making sure the water is hot enough in his bucket to clean to floor and putting out a sign to warn others the floor is wet. He goes home at night and forgets about the place he just walked out of until he has to leave again to go back the next day.

And I'm far closer to the mopper than the CEO, believe me. I just don't buy into the false notion that the little guy has some moral highground over the big guy because he gets paid less. Its bullshit.

It's not about moral highground, it's about a more balanced society. Do you really think that the average CEO of a FTSE 100 company should earn 160 x more than the average salary?

How do such vast inequalities benefit society?

• Like 1

I genuinely believe that a CEO of a FTSE 100 company has more than 160 x the effect on society that the average person does and deserves to be remunerated accordingly.

If you want to do a 9-5 job, go home to your kids and have no pressure then you will probably earn <£40k a year unless you are highly technically qualified.

If you want to be a CEO of a FTSE 100 company then you're going to have to sacrifice 95% of your free time, work like a bastard in your 20s/30s/40s to reap the rewards in your 50s/60s when the investment of time and effort you have made your entire life pays off.

Society is inequal but that does not necessarily translate to unfair. Any CEO you care to name could have mopped floors for a living had they chosen to. How many floor moppers could trade places with a CEO? And more importantly, how many would want to once the full job spec was explained?

I am watching this from afar with great interest. I have no Scottish ancestry or affiliation with Scotland whatsoever, so it is just a case of me sitting on the sidelines, munching popcorn and enjoying the show.

I have some Maltesers, if you want to trade for some popcorn...

This reminds me more of the feeling you get when a favourite comedy duo are about to break up. :unsure:

Respect to Alex Salmond, he's - indirectly - kicked off some decent political debate hereabouts as well.

If it truly is the "scumbags" swelling the Yes campaign it'd be interesting to see how many more opportunities they found in a a newly independent Scotland.

I have some Maltesers, if you want to trade for some popcorn...

Hi, sorry I'm late. Hmm, popcorn, can I have some? I didn't bring munchies, but I do have some weed. Wanna smoke?

Anyway, did I miss any good bits?

This reminds me more of the feeling you get when a favourite comedy duo are about to break up. :unsure:

In 1995 I was present at the sea trials of a newly built ferry (MV Isle of Innisfree, now MV Kaitaki). The shipyard was located a few miles upriver from Rotterdam, so she had to pass a large train bridge there, De Hef. It was a tight squeeze. We actually had to wait for half an hour to allow the tide to fall enough that she could pass beneath it and two tugs were needed to steer her through. I well remember the impression of impending disaster when the two would collide. They didn't.

This Scottish independence song-and-dance is similar, but then with time reversed.

regards,

Hein

I genuinely believe that a CEO of a FTSE 100 company has more than 160 x the affect on society that the average person does and deserves to be remunerated accordingly.

If you want to do a 9-5 job, go home to your kids and have no pressure then you will probably earn <£40k a year unless you are highly technically qualified.

If you want to be a CEO of a FTSE 100 company then you're going to have to sacrifice 95% of your free time, work like a bastard in your 20s/30s/40s to reap the rewards in your 50s/60s when the investment of time and effort you have made your entire life pays off.

Society is inequal but that does not necessarily translate to unfair. Any CEO you care to name could have mopped floors for a living had they chosen to. How many floor moppers could trade places with a CEO? And more importantly, how many would want to once the full job spec was explained?

Not necessarily true.

Yes, some CEOs have began their careers shovelling shit before climbing to the top where they get others to do it but not all.

The prevalence nowdays is for the young pretty things to go to University, get a business degree and walk straight into top jobs on the basis that they are A) Young Z) Have a degree C) are utterly ambitious and D) ruthless.

Many have not a fucking clue how the business they head actually runs and nor do they really care. Their pay packets are irrelevant to me, life is unfair, unequal and we have never lived in a social utopia and nor will we. Ive got no time for idealists tbf, throughout human history we have tried pretty much everything to make all and everybody equal and fuck all has truly worked, communism, capitalism, you name it, its never really worked, infact the average "ism" is not to be trusted.

All we can ask for is a bit of fairness, if the CEO earns £1 million a year, fine, I don't care but just don't fucking short change me, pay me a decent salary and don't treat me like a cunt.

That's not too much to ask for, right?

• Like 2

This headline in the Daily Mirror annoyed me.

This is scaremongering at its worst AS has frequently said iScotland would still have the Queen as head of state.

Is anyone placing bets on new Royal baby being called Elizabeth if it is a girl?

• Like 1

This is scaremongering at its worst AS has frequently said iScotland would still have the Queen as head of state.

Is anyone placing bets on new Royal baby being called Elizabeth if it is a girl?

Hehe, if it's a son, they'll call him Duncan or Malcolm.

• Like 1

Hehe, if it's a son, they'll call him Duncan or Malcolm.

Seriously don't rule out James....