Pistol Knight

Scottish Independence

It appears the Scottish vote is observed closely by Frisian nationalist. According to Sybren Posthumus, an FNP member who represent the party in the provincial states

The FNP does not want to split off from the rest of the Netherlands, but we would like more say. There is a lot of unhappiness in the provincial council about the gulf between The Hague and Friesland.'

I love Friesland as much as any part of the Netherlands, but I care little for this kind of politics. This spineless creature knows quite well that Friesland is not like Scotland with respect to natural resources.

As far as I'm concerned the Dutch abolish provinces altogether, Friesland included.

regards,

Hein

Have you ever visited Wales?

No. I've heard rumours of it, though.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

regards,

Hein

I visit Wales every year on holiday and think it is lovely. However the prospect of Wales as an independent country would bring a wry smile to my face.

Apologies to any Welsh posters who might disagree with me.

Those who do will show it. In song, presumably, possibly in Welsh.

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

I visit Wales every year on holiday and think it is lovely. However the prospect of Wales as an independent country would bring a wry smile to my face.

Hmmmmmmmm! Where do I feature in that? I'm Scottish and live in Wales. I almost wish I had the vote :-(

regards,

Hein

Scotland is a country, Wales a Principality and Norn a Province........

Anyhoo........

It appears the Scottish vote is observed closely by Frisian nationalist. According to Sybren Posthumus, an FNP member who represent the party in the provincial states

The FNP does not want to split off from the rest of the Netherlands, but we would like more say. There is a lot of unhappiness in the provincial council about the gulf between The Hague and Friesland.'

I love Friesland as much as any part of the Netherlands, but I care little for this kind of politics. This spineless creature knows quite well that Friesland is not like Scotland with respect to natural resources.

As far as I'm concerned the Dutch abolish provinces altogether, Friesland included.

regards,

Hein

In all honosty i always feel that the Frysian seperatist movement is such a small majority of the province (otherwise it would be much easier to find any news about it on the internet) and nowhere near comparable with the separatist movements in Belgium, Spain, Italy and the U.K.

I found a radioclip from 2008 after the independence of Kosovo and the NOS reporter asked the leader of the biggest Frisian party of this could lead to an independent Friesland and he said of course not because it was unrealistic and inpractical to seperate from the Netherlands... if the leader of the biggest Frysian party said that back in 2008, i high doubt opinions changed that much about it since then and that it really is such a big thing there...

I think it will be a No . As a Englishman I hope to continue to share these islands and nationality with the scots.

But good luck either way!!

• Like 1

I wonder what will happen if other major breaking news could diminish the significance of the referendum.I can only think that a terrorist attack or the Queen Prime Minister or Obama would do this.Can anyone think of any other scenarios that would drastically squeeze the coverage of the referendum?

I wonder what will happen if other major breaking news could diminish the significance of the referendum.I can only think that a terrorist attack or the Queen Prime Minister or Obama would do this.Can anyone think of any other scenarios that would drastically squeeze the coverage of the referendum?

It's been over 3 years since I've watched a news broadcast or read a newspaper, so consequently the whole referendum shite has largely passed me by.

I find life without 'news' is less stressful.

only 4 results and it is 3:30 am in England.This is even slower than I had anticipated.

only 4 results and it is 3:30 am in England.This is even slower than I had anticipated.

Would those outer areas that have come in like Orkney a nd Shetland be considered to have been more likely to vote "No" anyway? I know nothing about Scotland but I would have thought more remote places would be more traditional/Celtic and, hence, more likely to vote for independence. If so, then the Independence campaign is in huge trouble. Alternatively, if it is just the case that Salmond and co concentrated on the big cities, then they may still have a chance.

Can a Scot on here enlighten me?

Update: The Aussie news is reporting that Inverclyde has voted 'No" and they are considering that a big blow for the "Yes" campaign.

Angus votes no when it was expected to go yes and Aberdeen has also voted no, albeit by a huge majority in their case. I'd say it's all over now.

Angus votes no when it was expected to go yes and Aberdeen has also voted no, albeit by a huge majority in their case. I'd say it's all over now.

It has been said Aberdeenshire looks to be 60-40 for no - Salmond's backyard...

It's a No.

But the second City of the Empire said 'fuck you',

It is only the beginning.

• Like 1

Its looking like a clear NO. I'm glad its over to be honest !!

It has been said Aberdeenshire looks to be 60-40 for no - Salmond's backyard...

Well that's that, then...

I guess this means..... Gordom Brown finally won an election?

I guess this means..... Gordom Brown finally won an election?

It might mean he's very visible in the next few months as politicians try and write the new devolved powers legislation and do all the other machinations about sorting out the aftermath, all before the next general election. I'd say he's back in business.

A bit disappointed for all the wrong reasons... but at least it wasn't close. That's good for the country.

I wish this vote went the other way since the Usa just drew the UK in the 2015 Davis Cup World Group