maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2015

Fuck me, this year's been so boring for deaths I'd not been taking much notice and forgot I had Dr Spock!

Aye, but the deft and diverse picking is helping us limp along on the death race, Irving Khan and that Benmosche guy were both unique picks and each hit still scores into the 300s (just). The tottering Sam Simon is a popular joker, if and when, so fairly confident the scorching summer when it arrives will see the winner out sunning her/himself and feeling smug.

• Like 1

Fuck me, this year's been so boring for deaths I'd not been taking much notice and forgot I had Dr Spock!

Might you mean Mr. Spock Lardy? Dr. Spock died in 1998.

Yeh yeh whatever, same thing :D

Might you mean Mr. Spock Lardy? Dr. Spock died in 1998.

Yeh yeh whatever, same thing :D

We're on it Lardy and your points were duly awarded, giving you some purchase on the scoring table now.

Simon's shaken up the middle order a bit:

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1735

MSC - 1341

Devon Death Trip - 1331

Estuarian Float - 1291

Deadsox - 1260

Sean of the Dead - 998

Bibliogryphon - 977

Maryportfuncity - 946

Toast - 944
Perfect Passing - 700

Book - 596

Dr T - 596

The Engineer - 596

Windsor the Troll - 596
Captain Chorizo - 352

The Engineer - 350

Lard Bazaar - 307
The Unknown Man - 903

Rotten Ali - 298

Uschi - 298

I'm really disappointed in my results here, they amount to nothing. I treated the Deathrace with the second-highest priority, and put some favorites of a potential DDP team in here. Yet, all those low-hanging fruits like ZsaZsa, Sir Winton or Abdelaziz Bouteflika are still alive or even doing better. But then I didn't want to use the same people in different races.

I'm really disappointed in my results here, they amount to nothing. I treated the Deathrace with the second-highest priority, and put some favorites of a potential DDP team in here. Yet, all those low-hanging fruits like ZsaZsa, Sir Winton or Abdelaziz Bouteflika are still alive or even doing better. But then I didn't want to use the same people in different races.

Aye, it's a pisser some years eh?

Incidentally, I spotted the obvious mistake and put The Unknown Man higher on the main scoreboard.

The obvious point beyond that, a death on Death Impends' team in the next 22 days would give it a winning total. We're getting there.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I think I have been mistakenly credited for having the late Mr Simon as my joker (but I think it was Nicholas Winton). So I lose a few points there, but should get all but a couple back for Stuart Wagstaff who died last night and seems to have a qualifying obit (posted on the Hooroo Mate thread).

Wagstaff was a good pick. There was a few tweets he was in seriously ill health in late December, but I didn't think he'd get much coverage over here. Full Daily Mail obit. At least I put him down on the Hare's pool, I thought he might hang on longer than the Deathrace ran!

Hi there,

I think I have been mistakenly credited for having the late Mr Simon as my joker (but I think it was Nicholas Winton). So I lose a few points there, but should get all but a couple back for Stuart Wagstaff who died last night and seems to have a qualifying obit (posted on the Hooroo Mate thread).

You were and I sorted it before you posted because with Wagstaffe's death I did a complete reccy of the scoreboard so it's all right now. I'd credited Simon points before any reputable source was confirming a date of death, but it was 8 March by local time, so I didn't need to change other points.

So, bearing in mind the post above, this is where I think we are:

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1735

MSC - 1341

Devon Death Trip - 1331

Estuarian Float - 1291

Deadsox - 1260

Sean of the Dead - 998

Bibliogryphon - 977

Maryportfuncity - 946

Toast - 944

The Unknown Man - 903

Perfect Passing - 700

Book - 596

The Engineer - 596

Windsor the Troll - 596

Dr T - 594
Captain Chorizo - 352

The Engineer - 350

Lard Bazaar - 307

Rotten Ali - 298

Uschi - 298

How high do I need to finish to qualify for Europe?

D'ya know what, that's a great idea.

How about we invite the various champions: DDP, HPDP, Deathrace etc. into a thread next year where five talented topplers are lined up and the Champions League involves the 2015 winners competing to pick the closest dates of 2016 death for these people, or summat.

And qualification for this dead pool of dead pools is limited only to outright winners of existing competitions.

• Like 2

How about we invite the various champions: DDP, HPDP, Deathrace etc. into a thread next year where five talented topplers are lined up and the Champions League involves the 2015 winners competing to pick the closest dates of 2016 death for these people, or summat.

And qualification for this dead pool of dead pools is limited only to outright winners of existing competitions.

Will there be television rights?

Will there be television rights?

Yeah, I won't settle the worldwide deal for less than £12.50.

• Like 1

That's not fair, I'll NEVER get to play!

Lardy!

You know from the self-depreciating comments of dead pool winners that the tried and tested pin a list to the wall and throw darts to select the team method does pay off from time to time. It's entirely possible that your turn will come.

• Like 1

I think we should set some kind of monthly roller pool up (pick 5-10 celebs to go within the month with the proviso any left over from last month have to be kept and score based on what number death they are that month - earliest highest). I'd do but i can barely run one pool

• Like 1

You could get in via the cup .

You could get in via the cup .

Only we will be calling it the urn.

• Like 3

Scoreboard: Death Impends - 1735

MSC - 1341

Devon Death Trip - 1331

Estuarian Float - 1291

Deadsox - 1260

Sean of the Dead - 998

Bibliogryphon - 977

Maryportfuncity - 946

Toast - 944

The Unknown Man - 903

Perfect Passing - 700

Book - 596

The Engineer - 596

Windsor the Troll - 596

Dr T - 594Captain Chorizo - 352

The Engineer - 350

Lard Bazaar - 307

Rotten Ali - 298

Uschi - 298

Is The Engineer is a bit keen to qualify for the Champions League? Submitting two teams?

His 1st team & his 'B' team, initiating Greg Dykes vision on the future of English football.

MSC - 1341

Devon Death Trip - 1331

Estuarian Float - 1291

Deadsox - 1260

Sean of the Dead - 998

Bibliogryphon - 977

Maryportfuncity - 946

Toast - 944

The Unknown Man - 903

Perfect Passing - 700

Book - 596

The Engineer - 596

Windsor the Troll - 596

The Engineer - 350

Lard Bazaar - 307

Rotten Ali - 298

Uschi - 298

Is The Engineer is a bit keen to qualify for the Champions League? Submitting two teams?

His 1st team & his 'B' team, initiating Greg Dykes vision on the future of English football.

Its my dream to play with myself in the champions league final .

• Like 1

MSC - 1341

Devon Death Trip - 1331

Estuarian Float - 1291

Deadsox - 1260

Sean of the Dead - 998

Bibliogryphon - 977

Maryportfuncity - 946

Toast - 944

The Unknown Man - 903

Perfect Passing - 700

Book - 596

The Engineer - 596

Windsor the Troll - 596

The Engineer - 350

Lard Bazaar - 307

Rotten Ali - 298

Uschi - 298

Its my dream to play with myself in the champions league final .

Aw fuck, I did that last year too.

I'll sort it.

• Like 1

Dear Great Master of the Deathrace:

It has come to my attention that in the transfer between my list in post #10 and the master list. My pick has been transferred from Sam Simon to Sheila Sim.

Therefore can I have some extra points please?

I have no qualms about making my list public because considering my previous form anyone who copies my choices is doomed to disappointment

• Jean Alexander
  • Rodney Bewes
  • George H W Bush
  • Pamela Cundell
  • Liz Dawn
  • Kirk Douglas
  • John Freeman
  • Zsa Zsa Gabor
  • John Glenn
  • Billy Graham
  • Jeremy Hutchinson (Joker)
  • Ethel Lang
  • Les Munro
  • Leonard Nimoy
  • Leslie Philips
  • Olaf Pooley
  • Peter Sallis
  • Sam Simon
  • Phil Spector
  • June Spencer

I'm seeing BG's evidence and the masterlist and scoreboard have been duly tweaked. BG now stands on four figures!

• Like 1

I'm just going out, I may be some time. So if owt happens to change the situation below, could someone - like - post it on this thread and I'll get the abacus out on my return:

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1735

MSC - 1341

Devon Death Trip - 1331

Estuarian Float - 1291

Bibliogryphon - 1275

Deadsox - 1260

Sean of the Dead - 998

Maryportfuncity - 946

The Engineer - 946

Toast - 944

The Unknown Man - 903