maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2015

Hans Erni has died. Now to see if a very old Swiss painter gets a mention of his death in English somewhere acceptable.

• Like 1

I just checked the rules, the obit just needs to be in english, not from England.

Thanks, gcreptile, the original was the first one in English I came across, found the Guardian one just before 3pm and forgot to update my post here as I merrily updated DDP for the contestants there. :blush:

Just returned after an enjoyable couple of days in Amsterdam, so, things have revved up a litted at the top, then:

Death Impends - 1735

MSC - 1626

Just returned after an enjoyable couple of days in Amsterdam, so, things have revved up a litted at the top, then:

Death Impends - 1735

MSC - 1626

That's what Amsterdam will do to you. And you an accomplished writer type, makes this mere mortal feel a little better mind.

Weak I know, it's early, sue me.

Death Impends - 1735

MSC - 1626

Pleasure or recreation?

Death Impends - 1735

MSC - 1626

Pleasure or recreation?

Bit of both, mainly visiting the Voice of Young Maryport, who is doing something clever, legal and linked to spotting war criminals out there.

Oh aye, and Lee Kuan Yew has given Ali a leg up in the lower order:

Rotten Ali - 582
Captain Chorizo - 352

Lard Bazaar - 307

Uschi - 298

Did I say Roy Douglas was a bad joker? Well, he wasn't because he has died aged 107 (RIP to him) and here is the Telegraph on it.

• Like 1

Did I say Roy Douglas was a bad joker? Well, he wasn't because he has died aged 107 (RIP to him) and here is the Telegraph on it.

WINNER!!

That final podium in full:

Scoreboard:

MSC - 2192

Death Impends - 1735

Devon Death Trip - 1331

• Like 2

So, due congratulations are in order, MSC is obliged to shrug the achievement off as nowt much and nominate a choice of charity to receive around a tenner or (on peril of some mild ribbing) suggest that a physical prize would be a more welcome option.

:o

Bloody hell!

The achievement was nowt much, of course.

Well played MSC.

I see I'm still handily placed in the Inverse Deathrace though.

Congrats msc.

Time to sharpen up the 2016 team and get that fired off to mpfc asap, unless he is going to take this opportunity to forbid that practice..

• Like 1

Congratulations msc!

Congratulations msc!

Also, I take pride in achieving precisely zero points and look forward to seeing my deathrace team dying completely away within the rest of the year.

Congratulations msc.

I have had my best performance reaching 4 digits. Still a bit cross that Leslie Phillips didn't deliver for me.

Deathray - rather than spend time in the next couple of weeks sorting out your Deathrace 2016 could you update the Hare's Deathpool because if my calculation is correct I might be on top? :smileyd:

Congrats msc.

Time to sharpen up the 2016 team and get that fired off to mpfc asap, unless he is going to take this opportunity to forbid that practice..

Hmmm

I'm seeing your 2016 line up sitting on a PM hereabouts and seriously doubting the ability of some of those picks to make the start line. Up to now we haven't had a rule about early entries and I did accept someone in August last year but my suspicion about accepting a team too early is that it's simply asking to create work as they start shedding talent ahead of the start.

So, the present plan (i.e. I dreamt it up in the last 60 seconds) is that there WILL be a 2016 Deathrace, I'll start loading the requisite posts into a new thread in the first week of December (assuming the Deathlist and I make the start line for that) and anyone sending a team to me via PM from 1 September 2015 will be treated seriously. To be fair to our only entrant so far - Deathray - I'll leave his team on my PMs when I go there after this post and delete all the messages containing 2015 teams. So, by default, if Deathray doesn't reconsider, and in the unlikely event that the current King of Thailand and 19 other vulnerably functioning individuals are still with us at that point, his line up will be first into the new masterlist.

And finally

If anyone has a strong opinion about rule changes etc. that should be implemented to improve customer enjoyment of the fastest dead pool hereabouts, post them on this thread before it falls into oblivion and the committee will take them on board, or summat.

• Like 1

Would just like to say thank you to MPFC for organising this and his promise (mortality permitting) to do so next year.

I did prepare my team immediately after the 2014 game ended but this was much further on in the year.

I will have a team ready for December.

Would just like to say thank you to MPFC for organising this and his promise (mortality permitting) to do so next year.

I did prepare my team immediately after the 2014 game ended but this was much further on in the year.

I will have a team ready for December.

Cheers BG, your appreciation is appreciated, and I haven't yet added my congratulations to MSC who nicked it with deft unique-pick jokerage, sprinting out of left field to snatch the title from the runaway leader. That's memorable dead pooling and all round entertainment.

• Like 1

Objection your honour...

just shift the onus to the entrant to check for stiffs up until Dec 1st. Problem solved from your workload point if view...

BG - I'll update the Hare's Death Pool at the weekend.

• Like 1

Objection your honour...

just shift the onus to the entrant to check for stiffs up until Dec 1st. Problem solved from your workload point if view...

BG - I'll update the Hare's Death Pool at the weekend.

Aye, might consider that. Normally I see all this "it's your responsibility" shite as the thin end of the evil-witchy Thatcherite tendency to privatise every damn thing and commidify that which was previously simple and free to access and made us all feel loved and supported.

But it's only a few names on a team, right?

• Like 1