Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2015

I had a Famous For Being Ill (FFBI?) type on my long list for 2016 whose condition was only covered by one of the Scottish nationals, he'll get scrubbed now...

I immediately thought of a political minded person there, but he's had coverage down south, and is probably more of a pick for 2017 onwards, short of complications.

I had a Famous For Being Ill (FFBI?) type on my long list for 2016 whose condition was only covered by one of the Scottish nationals, he'll get scrubbed now...

I immediately thought of a political minded person there, but he's had coverage down south, and is probably more of a pick for 2017 onwards, short of complications.

Are they keen on mountain climbing in their spare time?

• Like 1

Latest update...

Are they keen on mountain climbing in their spare time?

I think so, though they wont be doing that anytime soon.

Guest Hello

When will the entries for next year be accepted?

Midnight on Sunday...

• Like 1

I think I would have kept a scottish paper and excluded the sun, the star and the express. Do they cover anything the others don't? But I see the desire to exclude only locally famous people, though I think it won't quite work (see: Wil Handford). However, I admit I regularly checked the local BBC pages in the past weeks for every couple of days and there wasn't that much to find. One of the candidates I got out of it was Mary Burrows, who however also got a daily mail obit. I liked Yahoo UK.

Interesting rule about the terrorists. Confirmation from both sides...

The "sensitive picks" rule will be very interesting...

I can see the need to exclude it though cause with BBC local obits being excludedif the former Mayor of Ipswich,Blackpool etc is excluded it would make sense to exclude Mayor of Aberdeen,Dunblane etc. Outside of ex Mayors,local politicians or maybe some Highland athletes I can't think of anyone who would get an Obit with one of those 2 Scottish papers but not BBC,Guardian,Independent,Sky etc.

Gene Fullmer, US Boxer, did this year.

I've already ditched my theme team cobbled together from the Paris telephone directory as a result of the rule changes. I don't mind either way, though it will be strange seeing teams leap up the scoreboard with 4 Anonymous picks! Good luck TMIB, bit of streamlining there.

Sinan Samil Sam, who I would have picked without question if he'd made it to 2016, only got an obituary in The Herald as well. Presumably their obits chief is a big fan of the sweet science.

Can the rules be debated by any chance?

Well they have been. On and off for the past few months...

Can the rules be debated by any chance?

Well they have been. On and off for the past few months...

I really think you should reconsider that anonymity rule. We're all going to find out who they are when the candidate carks it anyway?

• Like 1

As I said, masked not taken off altogether...

Much as I might bemoan the cull of the Scottish papers, I think it is very good of TMIB to continue hosting the DDP for us all, especially when he wanted to step down before. (Heaven knows I've not got the time or ability to run the show!) So, with that in mind, if these are the rules he puts forward to make the game easier to run (or less hassle in general), I support them.

• Like 1

The new rules are up. The countdown begins...

"If celebs that are picked have died before the end of the year but after the teams are uploaded onto the site (normally in the 2nd week of January) then no replacements will be made and of course no points can be scored."

Could you clarify a bit? How does a celebrity die before the end of 2015, but after the 2nd week of January in 2016?

• Like 2

"If celebs that are picked have died before the end of the year but after the teams are uploaded onto the site (normally in the 2nd week of January) then no replacements will be made and of course no points can be scored."

Could you clarify a bit? How does a celebrity die before the end of 2015, but after the 2nd week of January in 2016?

Totally off topic

Jireomon I noticed you had Ruth Channing on your RottenDeadPool list. She has been dead since 1992 so you should replace her with someone you can get a hit with. http://stoogesplayers.blogspot.com/2013/09/player-bio-ruth-channing.html

• Like 2

My assumption is that "masking" means that the picks will be listed like "L@uren H!ll" and "L!s@ Lyn(h", correct?

My assumption is that "masking" means that the picks will be listed like "L@uren H!ll" and "L!s@ Lyn(h", correct?

I thought it'd be like that one that got taken out of the game. I can't mind what team had her to check it now though.

You've been to "those" websites too! ;)

"If celebs that are picked have died before the end of the year but it is known after the teams are uploaded onto the site (normally in the 2nd week of January) then no replacements will be made and of course no points can be scored."

Corrected...

"If celebs that are picked have died before the end of the year but it is known after the teams are uploaded onto the site (normally in the 2nd week of January) then no replacements will be made and of course no points can be scored."

Corrected...

May want to say 'discovered' instead of known. I think that's throwing it off.

SC

Where? I know I asked silly stuff before. But if there is a page apart from this site I dunno nuttin 'bout it.

SC

Where? I know I asked silly stuff before. But if there is a page apart from this site I dunno nuttin 'bout it.

SC

The rules.

The main DDP page.

• Like 1

Please could the rules page remain available throughout the competition. Previously it's been replaced by a page saying that entries have closed.

• Like 1