Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2015

The apparent obitability of local US news anchors certainly adds new options...

The Daily Mail seems to have a relative focus on US news, maybe because of Anglo-American conservative connections... On the other hand, they really seem to publish everything.

Outside of cancer ladies and things like rugby,cricket,tennis etc players parents is that the most obscure person to get a DDP hit?

I hate it as much as the next man but it's a case of 'if you can't beat em, join em'

Until TMIB or whoever runs the show says different, it is what it is unfortunately.

• Like 1

Outside of cancer ladies and things like rugby,cricket,tennis etc players parents is that the most obscure person to get a DDP hit?

I hate it as much as the next man but it's a case of 'if you can't beat em, join em'

Until TMIB or whoever runs the show says different, it is what it is unfortunately.

Thanks for the acknowledgement Going Underground and congrats on your hit. :) I guess anyone outside the UK would have said the same about Tom Coyne and maybe a few within the UK! But certainly for a British pool, it's fortunate (his story was extremely well covered in the Independent, Huff Post UK and Daily Mail back in September last year though).

Thanks for the acknowledgement Going Underground and congrats on your hit. :) I guess anyone outside the UK would have said the same about Tom Coyne and maybe a few within the UK! But certainly for a British pool, it's fortunate (his story was extremely well covered in the Independent, Huff Post UK and Daily Mail back in September last year though).

Not really fortunate mate as I wouldn't have picked him if it hadn't already been covered by the British papers. Not just one paper but several. One of them was bound to feel obliged to follow up on the blokes death.

And to be fair he is actually a TV personality, OK a News anchor but he is still on TV. Not just semi-famous for rattling a collection box, playing basketball at school or being a Darts players Mum :)

Norman Tebbit's Bicycle Club gets two unique hits with one obit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3099496/World-s-oldest-identical-twins-lived-two-world-wars-pass-away-weeks-apart-age-103.html

Florence Davies and Glenys Thomas, the world's oldest identical twins

Can't link directly to the obituary page, but The Stage reports Eileen Essell's death. Wiki has her passing away in February. Can't find any other news, but I'll keep looking, at the moment, lost. https://www.thestage.co.uk/features/obituaries/

Managed to get the page: https://www.thestage.co.uk/features/obituaries/2015/obituary-eileen-essell/

Well I'll be damned: Wim Ruska obit in The Times of April 3 2015. Does that count?

• Like 1

Well I'll be damned: Wim Ruska obit in The Times of April 3 2015. Does that count?

Yup...

Yup...

Woohoo!

I am doing really badly this year 3 hits across all my 3 teams is not very impressive.

Surely we are waiting for a big one.

That will be an interesting case study of obitability. It now seems to me that there's a new "inspirational" cancer patient every week. Jamie Lea Jepson had been out of the news for 5 months, I suspect the national press has forgotten her by now. If not, I'm definitely going to create a "famous for being ill" theme team.

And we're up again...

Phew, up to date and no mistake! Only....

Nothing to do with me (probably the only member of the forum without a hit to date) but one team had Alicia Nash, John's wife. Link if needed: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/john-nash-dead-a-beautiful-mind-mathematician-and-wife-alicia-killed-in-a-car-crash-say-police-10273100.html

Oh for fuck's sake I'm in joint 42nd. Don't wan attention from Douglas Adams obsessives.....

Phew, up to date and no mistake! Only....

Nothing to do with me (probably the only member of the forum without a hit to date) but one team had Alicia Nash, John's wife. Link if needed: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/john-nash-dead-a-beautiful-mind-mathematician-and-wife-alicia-killed-in-a-car-crash-say-police-10273100.html

Bloody hell, you're right!

What I'll do is rejig that bit rather than wait till next time.

EDIT: Updated...

• Like 1

David Quantick's Showbiz Pals 2K15:

Joker (Pick 1): Hill, Lauren

Pick 2: Benmosche, Bob

Pick 3: Bloomfield, Colin

Pick 4: Boggs, Grace Lee

Pick 5: Crowe, Martin

Pick 6: Dickens, Little Jimmy

Pick 7: Dignam, Christy

Pick 8: Givens, Ahmad

Pick 9: Granger, Kate

Pick 10: Kara, Ritchii

Pick 11: Kwouk, Burt

Pick 12: Scott, Jock

Pick 13: Scott, Stuart

Pick 14: Shivdasani, Sadhana

Pick 15: Simon, Sam

Pick 16: Sledge, Percy

Pick 17: Travis, Kris

Pick 18: van den Bleeken, Frank

Pick 19: Wybourne, Catherine

Pick 20: Zorreguieta, Jorge

Kris Travis back in the ring and fighting fit it seems after treatment: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/british-wrestler-who-defeated-cancer-5835586

Think they have been mentioned recently, but I can't find the appropriate post.

Karam and Kartari Chand, the world's longest married couple (living), seem to be doing well as they lead the Joy of Reading (it's the activity as opposed to the town!) Parade in their home town of Girlington. http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/local/localbrad/13324531.Sunshine_smiles_on_Girlington_s_annual_parade/

Latest stiffs up...

In the Queen's birthday honours list I see Paddington author Micheal Bond has been awarded a CBE

Presumably for services to trolling DDP theme teams

Services to being awesome, more like. :D

In the Queen's birthday honours list I see Paddington author Micheal Bond has been awarded a CBE

Presumably for services to trolling DDP theme teams

Services to being awesome, more like. :D

I have a fgreat deal of respect for Mr Bond but the performance of my teams this year has been disappointing. He is just an easy target for my wrath.

Not just Paddington but Olga da Polga.