Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2015

Hadn't realised to so many had gone since the last time. Should Gene Fullmer be added to the list of the lost?

Next time, he doesn't have to, he's a hit!

Brilliant, not one of mine but I've been looking for that cheeky pugilist's UK obit for days. Thanks TMIB, I should never have doubted you!

Joint 31st place? That's practically altitude sickness for me.

I haven't yet said thanks to the Man in Black for all this work, so thank you! I imagine it's quite a lot of work to keep the database in order.

• Like 4

Only one unique hit in the entirety of the top 10 at the moment. Research skills finally rendering this a much harder thing to gain?

Only one unique hit in the entirety of the top 10 at the moment. Research skills finally rendering this a much harder thing to gain?

Could be. The research might have lead to an increasing degree of matching picks among the top teams. In 2014, the top two teams (far ahead of the other teams) only had 2 common picks among their hits. But 2014 was a tricky year because lots of the supposedly sure hits were misses. In 2013, the top 2 teams had 5 matches. Nr. 1 and nr. 3 also had 5 matches, and nr. 2 and nr. 3 had 8 matches, in a record-breaking year. Currently, team nr. 1 and nr. 2 already have 7 common hits, before Martin Crowe and Kate Granger (I guess it's a certainty that one of these two people will definitely die in 2015). Teams nr. 1 and 3 also already have 7 hits.

It's definitely harder to get to the top with left-field picks.

FWIW even if you just look at uniques in general and not just the dead, of the current top 10, no team has more than three uniques apiece. Definitely somewhat odd since each year usually feels like there's always a contender or two that manages to pull four or five uniques, with most likely at least two of them dying. At this point this year seems largely a case about who can get the most from picks that aren't quite unique but other heavy hitters didn't have nonetheless - ie so far McCabe, Schuller, and Ford for me, Givens for Spade, Fowley for Bert, Cardinal George for DDT... Deceased Hose, the current #5, also had both of the aforementioned men of God but is currently 16 points behind DDT.

Well Ellen Albertini Dow has died at 101. I know a few people including myself have got her on their list.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/ellen-albertini-dow-dead-wedding-singer-rapping-granny-1201420781/

Oooh, my 4th theme team hit and my Joker...

Congratulations! Funny how such a seemingly random idea has led to so much success. And you've still got BB King and René Angélil! Though, I have to confess, I'm cheering even more for the team of Ronnies.

• Like 2

I can't believe it by myself :)

Much as it pains me to post this, Samantha Beaven has died at 28. 3 ambulance chasers get points.http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2015-05-05/young-mother-battling-cervical-cancer-dies/

The mirror also gives her an obit http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tragic-young-mum-whose-cancer-5641656

Looking at the roster of the team who picked him I noticed they also have WWII flying ace Alexander Vraciu, who I knew had died (back on January 29) but didn't think would have been picked by anyone... however, I can't seem to find a UK obit for him, and given the time that has passed since his death, it doesn't seem likely that he'll get anything.

B.B. King - my fifth theme team hit. I can't.

And we're up again...

Special mention to the heavy scoring in April. Multiple hits for the big teams last month...

Yay, player of the month!

I think I've had 95 DDP hits since 2006. I was hoping to notch up the century this year, but that might be a few steps too far when I look at the rude health of some of my squad.

Edit: Actually, scrap that, I'm on 92 not out, so I'll definitely have to wait until next year.

Yay, player of the month!

I think I've had 95 DDP hits since 2006. I was hoping to notch up the century this year, but that might be a few steps too far when I look at the rude health of some of my squad.

Edit: Actually, scrap that, I'm on 92 not out, so I'll definitely have to wait until next year.

That reminds me, sometime this summer I will update the stats and facts when the pics and bios are done before turning towards the future of the DDP and how It can be possibly revamped or at least more efficiently run, albeit from a technical point of view...

Yeah, we do need a Vatican Council over the site within a few months.

Guest I D I O T

Serm Vinicchayakul, former Governor of the Bank of Thailand (1946-47; 1952-55) and later Minister of Finance (1956759; 1967-71; 1972-73) has died.

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2013/celebs_V.html#vinics

According to several sources, he died on July 12th.

http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A1_%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%89%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A5

Back in 1985...

Nice to return from holiday to find a nice (but first of 2015) DDP "TilDeathDoUsPart" hit for me! Now if only Jerry will join her this year!

Also apparently a unique hit for me across the DDP! Especially sweet!

Outside of cancer ladies and things like rugby,cricket,tennis etc players parents is that the most obscure person to get a DDP hit?