Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

How about Joe Jackson, the patriarch of the Jackson family?

You mean the guy who brings new meaning to "Deadbeat Dad"? i.e. he beat his best kid so bad the psychological effects of it probably had a big part in his relatively early death (er... and all the other stuff too)?

YES! Let's hope that tick-turd goes in 2016 or earlier if possible.

I hope that he makes it to 2016, so that I can put him on my list. ;)

After seeing a retweet by Helen Fawkes (who has a good record in highlighting 'potential' - see Kate Gross) , I had a look at the lib dem candidate for Dover and Deal , Sarah Smith.

http://www.dover-exp...tail/story.html

Aged 50 , and diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer 6 months ago, could be in the "right" timeframe.

She's currently doing fine. She's well enough to tweet (and occasionally watch/tweet along with the BBC4 TOTP repeats as she was quite the Buzzcocks fan in her time!). Not sure when she's having her surgery but we'll see how she is after that and on the GE campaign trail. She's a nice lady and I wish her all the best, though I won't be voting for her in May.

She'll get a local obit for definite but I'm not sure about a qualifying one.

• Like 1

After seeing a retweet by Helen Fawkes (who has a good record in highlighting 'potential' - see Kate Gross) , I had a look at the lib dem candidate for Dover and Deal , Sarah Smith.

http://www.dover-exp...tail/story.html

Aged 50 , and diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer 6 months ago, could be in the "right" timeframe.

She's currently doing fine. She's well enough to tweet (and occasionally watch/tweet along with the BBC4 TOTP repeats as she was quite the Buzzcocks fan in her time!). Not sure when she's having her surgery but we'll see how she is after that and on the GE campaign trail. She's a nice lady and I wish her all the best, though I won't be voting for her in May.

She'll get a local obit for definite but I'm not sure about a qualifying one.

This happens quite a lot at Westminster. Candidates clearly on their last legs and yet blithely continuing to get selected even though it means a certain byelection on the horizon. That there is this timid deference (still) towards politicians in one moment that...

This happens quite a lot at Westminster. Candidates clearly on their last legs and yet blithely continuing to get selected even though it means a certain byelection on the horizon. That there is this timid deference (still) towards politicians in one moment that...

It's my constituency she's standing in, which is a Conservative/Labour swing seat. There'd be no by-election as the Lib Dems won't get a look in.

Guest Just a Guest

Keep an eye on Malcolm Young in the future. He's only 62, but he also has dimentia, and his brother Angus states he has lost his short-term memory.

He also underwent lung cancer surgery.

It's my constituency she's standing in, which is a Conservative/Labour swing seat. There'd be no by-election as the Lib Dems won't get a look in.

There is something to be careful of though and it happened in 2005 I think.

Once the election is callled and the candidates nominations have closed if any candidate dies during the campaign the whole thing has to be called off and a writ moved for a new election at a later date. Which will mean one constituency will be without an MP when the results are declared. It didn't make too much difference previously as Labour had a big majority but with a hung parliament in the offing it could be crucial.

There is something to be careful of though and it happened in 2005 I think.

Once the election is callled and the candidates nominations have closed if any candidate dies during the campaign the whole thing has to be called off and a writ moved for a new election at a later date. Which will mean one constituency will be without an MP when the results are declared. It didn't make too much difference previously as Labour had a big majority but with a hung parliament in the offing it could be crucial.

It happened in South Staffordshire in 2005 the MP in Question was Patrick Cormack

I can not believe Mary Tyler Moore isn't on the 2015 list! If she doesn't die this year she HAS to be on the 2016 list!

• Like 1

How about Barbara Feldon, aka Agent 99, she's in her early 80s.

So friggin what?! Hell just list all famous females who are at the average age of life expectancy regardless of whether they're the least bit ill.

SC

I can not believe Mary Tyler Moore isn't on the 2015 list! If she doesn't die this year she HAS to be on the 2016 list!

I totally agree. If I made a 30-person list she certainly would've made the cut. My league only goes to 20 so she just missed c

How about Barbara Feldon, aka Agent 99, she's in her early 80s.

So friggin what?! Hell just list all famous females who are at the average age of life expectancy regardless of whether they're the least bit ill.

SC

Just gimme time, and I just might do that. ;):P

Lester Piggott, long since retired. He'll be 80 this coming November and has had a history of heart problems.

• Like 1

The killer of Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman, has been arrested again:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jan/10/george-zimmerman-arrested-florida-aggravated-assault

As a precautionary measure, he had to hand over all his weapons...

He's had a lot of conflict with law enforcement lately.

I'm not sure if he's famous enough (probably not) but George Gaynes (starred in Punky Brewster) is turning 98 this year. I have him on my personal Deathlist. There could be an obituary for him in American media, but probably not in British media. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure if he's famous enough (probably not) but George Gaynes (starred in Punky Brewster) is turning 98 this year. I have him on my personal Deathlist. There could be an obituary for him in American media, but probably not in British media. What do you guys think?

He probably get a UK obit since he played the role of Eric Lassard in the Police Academy movies. Although I know him from the Steve Martin movie "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" where he played the role of Dr. John Hay Forest.

He probably get a UK obit since he played the role of Eric Lassard in the Police Academy movies. Although I know him from the Steve Martin movie "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" where he played the role of Dr. John Hay Forest.

As funny as the "podium scene" in Police Academy was... can't see it being enough to get covered over here. I mean what are they gonna put, "famous blowjob recipient dies"? That just sets a precedent that any old bum can get an obit if they got BJed... like Bill Clinton or someone like that..

As funny as the "podium scene" in Police Academy was... can't see it being enough to get covered over here. I mean what are they gonna put, "famous blowjob recipient dies"? That just sets a precedent that any old bum can get an obit if they got BJed... like Bill Clinton or someone like that..

How about the headline: Man who kissed Dustin Hoffman dies!

I've never watched any of the Police Academy movies, so I have no idea about the podium scene.

How about Julie Adams and Ricou Browning? They're the last surviving actors, from the creature from the black lagoon.

Julie Adams will be surely be around for a long time to come: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJulieAdams

Btw, what's the point with the 15 back-ups to your 150 names?

I've never watched any of the Police Academy movies, so I have no idea about the podium scene.

Whoa there, who said anything about movies? The first one is the only one any half-sane person will admit to seeing. Still quite amusing despite being obviously (somewhat) dated.

(Seems obvious to say that... I mean anything that invites you to derive amusement/any sense of humanity from a group of people who are more famous these days for whacking random people to death if they happen to wander within 50 feet of a protest and helping tabloids hack your phone, and choking your fat ass to death for selling cigarettes, has obviously got to be dated. Surely the only thing that could be more dated is a movie called Football Academy?)

Dunno where else to post this but in a possibles thread but the news tonight is making it clear that Pauline - Ebola - Cafferky is on the mend and out of ICU.

For a second there she was looking like a missed opportunity.

Dunno where else to post this but in a possibles thread but the news tonight is making it clear that Pauline - Ebola - Cafferky is on the mend and out of ICU.

Classy and subtle as always mpfc.....

Are you suffering from the early symptoms of Alzheimer's MPFC? You used the Ebola thread only a few days ago. :D

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8398&page=8#entry216225

Are you famous enough to get an obit?

How about Julie Adams and Ricou Browning? They're the last surviving actors, from the creature from the black lagoon.

Julie Adams will be surely be around for a long time to come: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJulieAdams

Btw, what's the point with the 15 back-ups to your 150 names?

The backup list? Yeah, I made that, cause the last few years I've had people that I wanted to put on my list, but declined, thinking that they'd survive, only to have them die, anyhow. :( So I made the back up list, to be safe. :D

I think he'd get an obit. Punky Brewster was strangely popular among people of my age groupand he was in The Group which is a yawnfest but critically acclaimed so I think he'd got enough creidts to get a UK obit.