Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

I think Jimmy Carter should be seriously considered for next year.Upon doing research I found that despite being the eldest of four siblings he has outlived them all by at least 25 years .They all died from pancreatic cancer as did both his parents.Despite being remarkably robust for his age I think he would be a good outside bet to go at number 50 49 or 48 next year due to his age and appalling family history of one of the deadliest forms of cancer.Mr. Carter said he did not worry much about his own risk anymore. “I’m deeply religious, I’m a fatalist, I’m 82 years old and I’ve had a good life,”Mr. Carter said he did not worry much about his own risk anymore. “I’m deeply religious, I’m a fatalist, I’m 82 years old and I’ve had a good life,” this was from a interview in 2007 about the cancer risk which suggests he would probably reject treatment if he were afflicted by the illness.

At 90, it wouldn't make a big difference if he rejected treatment or not. If he had pancreatic adenocarcinoma (the most common, yet deadliest form), his only chance would be early detection and surgical resection, but the vast majority of these are found when it's already too late, and it's doubtful if any surgeon would take the risk at such an advanced age.

Anyways, it's an interesting finding, even if I think he will probably die of pneumonia or heart failure rather than pancreatic cancer (age is an important risk factor for pancreatic cancer, but an even more important factor for pneumonia deaths). As the soon-to-be 4th oldest ex-president ever, he'd be a huge miss if he died when not on the DL.

I think Jimmy Carter should be seriously considered for next year.Upon doing research I found that despite being the eldest of four siblings he has outlived them all by at least 25 years .They all died from pancreatic cancer as did both his parents.Despite being remarkably robust for his age I think he would be a good outside bet to go at number 50 49 or 48 next year due to his age and appalling family history of one of the deadliest forms of cancer.Mr. Carter said he did not worry much about his own risk anymore. “I’m deeply religious, I’m a fatalist, I’m 82 years old and I’ve had a good life,”Mr. Carter said he did not worry much about his own risk anymore. “I’m deeply religious, I’m a fatalist, I’m 82 years old and I’ve had a good life,” this was from a interview in 2007 about the cancer risk which suggests he would probably reject treatment if he were afflicted by the illness.

Excellent research SotD.

However this year we have one former president, one former presidential candidate and one former first lady. If we add Carter into the mix Sir Creep might start complaining that the list is too US centric.

Putting Jimmy Carter in, might give us a presidential double. A bit like in 2005 when we had the British PM double of Heath and Callaghan.

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/jan/30/brian-blessed-withdraws-from-king-lear-due-to-heart-condition -Brian Blessed`s heart condition "more serious than previously thought".

As he is not on any of my lists and is totally awesome I wish him all the best. He is always a joy to watch and always seems to be enjoying himself.

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/jan/30/brian-blessed-withdraws-from-king-lear-due-to-heart-condition -Brian Blessed`s heart condition "more serious than previously thought".

As he is not on any of my lists and is totally awesome I wish him all the best. He is always a joy to watch and always seems to be enjoying himself.

Classy as always Bibs....

BTW I think we might have to slightly downgrade his national treasure status when you realise the fact that his two hilarious appearances as the host of HIGNFY may have been enough to artificially keep that show on the air?

Excellent research SotD.

However this year we have one former president, one former presidential candidate and one former first lady. If we add Carter into the mix Sir Creep might start complaining that the list is too US centric.

Putting Jimmy Carter in, might give us a presidential double. A bit like in 2005 when we had the British PM double of Heath and Callaghan.

Hey you are discounting the possibility of H.W delivering the goods this year.

Then we can go for a Carter/Mondale ticket for the 2016 Deathlist which would be appropriate in a US election year.

Classy as always Bibs....

BTW I think we might have to slightly downgrade his national treasure status when you realise the fact that his two hilarious appearances as the host of HIGNFY may have been enough to artificially keep that show on the air?

Brian is a National Treasure.

This is a man so passionate about his work that when some arty film snob suggested to him that Flash Gordon was well a bit crap he walked off the panel he was speaking on. Real actors will give their all to any project whether it deserves it or not.

On the list issue even if I had picked him I would secretly be hoping he was going to be OK.

I picked Tony Benn and in the week after he died I cried real tears listening to his diaries on Radio 4.

• Like 2

Excellent research SotD.

Then we can go for a Carter/Mondale ticket for the 2016 Deathlist which would be appropriate in a US election year.

No I'm banking on Bush and Carter suriving the year, so we can put Carter in for next year.

Such a shame Dan Quayle is in good health, that was we could do Bush/Quayle and Carter/Mondale

• Like 1

Val Kilmer hospitalized for throat tumour.

Wasn't there a rumour last year that some hollywood star had terminal cancer from smoking ? The clue was some of his movies were in top ten grossing of all time or something like that , someone on hear will remember that. ,Alot of people said johnny depp maybe it was val kilmer. Though I don't know if he smokes .

Johnny Depp is a well known chainsmoker.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/561585521705910272 -Whitney Housten`s daughter found unresponsive in bathtub. Deja vu?

That tweet is about Geraldine McEwan

Well anyway, this is too weirdly coincidental to be an accident, it's a copycat "attempt" got to be.

One for the never-ending list of celebrities the National Enquirer claims has nine months to live with no factual basis behind: Chevy Chase.

Fletch dies.

Excellent research SotD.

No I'm banking on Bush and Carter suriving the year, so we can put Carter in for next year.

Such a shame Dan Quayle is in good health, that was we could do Bush/Quayle and Carter/Mondale

I don't really think that needs any qualifying statement.

Guest Guest

After hearing from my doctor today I suddenly have a much closer affinity to people facing possible death... :sicktherm:

After hearing from my doctor today I suddenly have a much closer affinity to people facing possible death... :sicktherm:

All these moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain.

• Like 2

Yeah those old fuckers in the waiting room'll do that to ya...

A few years back I experienced much the same thing. 2 weeks after speaking to my doctor, he was dead after suffering a heart attack.

• Like 3

After finding out about Anita Ekberg's death just a few minutes ago, I thought of another Swedish-American actress; Ann-Margret. No, not suggesting that she should be considered but instead her husband Roger Smith. He was famous for his role in the television detective series 77 Sunset Strip with Efrem Zimbalist Junior.

In the 1960s, he was forced to quit acting due to things like "blood clot in the brain" and

"myasthenia gravis." Now, obviously it wasn't life-threathenig since he has managed to stay alive at age 82...but this is not the kind of guy who'll turn 90 either. He is "wheelchaired" nowadays and has Parkinson's disease. I see that no one has picked him for this year's DDP; perhaps a contender for 2016 instead?

http://nypost.com/2013/10/05/ann-margret-dishes-on-sexy-legacy/

By the way, impressive to see a Hollywood marriage that's lasted for 47 years!

After finding out about Anita Ekberg's death just a few minutes ago, I thought of another Swedish-American actress; Ann-Margret. No, not suggesting that she should be considered but instead her husband Roger Smith. He was famous for his role in the television detective series 77 Sunset Strip with Efrem Zimbalist Junior.

In the 1960s, he was forced to quit acting due to things like "blood clot in the brain" and

"myasthenia gravis." Now, obviously it wasn't life-threathenig since he has managed to stay alive at age 82...but this is not the kind of guy who'll turn 90 either. He is "wheelchaired" nowadays and has Parkinson's disease. I see that no one has picked him for this year's DDP; perhaps a contender for 2016 instead?

http://nypost.com/2013/10/05/ann-margret-dishes-on-sexy-legacy/

By the way, impressive to see a Hollywood marriage that's lasted for 47 years!

He was a 'unique' on my 'Roger & Out' theme team last year, (and two years before that). I didn't re-enter this time. Two Rogers in three years is a poor return, though I might try again with a few different Rogers next year.

Who the hell spells out the word 'Junior'?

SC

Guest Guest

A few years back I experienced much the same thing. 2 weeks after speaking to my doctor, he was dead after suffering a heart attack.

my doctor is a young attractive female so that shouldn't be a problem. I particularly seeing her for a prostate problem I had recently in fact.. :)

All these moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRec3VbH3w