Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

Just been putting together a list of the oldest Oscar winners/nominees and this is what I've come up with - all these could be a shot within the next year or so (only going to list 90 and above, there's a huge lot of ones in their 80s though) :

Oscar Winners:

Olivia de Havilland (98)

Kirk Douglas (98)

Maureen O'Hara (94)

George Kennedy (90)

Dorothy Malone (90)

Eva Marie Saint (90)

Oscar Nominees:

Carol Channing (94)

Doris Day (93)

Valentina Cortese (92)

Glynis Johns (91)

Cicely Tyson (90)

Hal Holbrook (90)

I have been told by a higher power that Carol Channing won't see 2016.

SC

Just been putting together a list of the oldest Oscar winners/nominees and this is what I've come up with - all these could be a shot within the next year or so (only going to list 90 and above, there's a huge lot of ones in their 80s though) :

Oscar Winners:

Olivia de Havilland (98)

Kirk Douglas (98)

Maureen O'Hara (94)

George Kennedy (90)

Dorothy Malone (90)

Eva Marie Saint (90)

Oscar Nominees:

Carol Channing (94)

Doris Day (93)

Valentina Cortese (92)

Glynis Johns (91)

Cicely Tyson (90)

Hal Holbrook (90)

I have been told by a higher power that Carol Channing won't see 2016.

SC

Expand please Sir Creep????

Just been putting together a list of the oldest Oscar winners/nominees and this is what I've come up with - all these could be a shot within the next year or so (only going to list 90 and above, there's a huge lot of ones in their 80s though) : Oscar Winners:Olivia de Havilland (98)Kirk Douglas (98)Maureen O'Hara (94)George Kennedy (90)Dorothy Malone (90)Eva Marie Saint (90) Oscar Nominees:Carol Channing (94)Doris Day (93)Valentina Cortese (92)Glynis Johns (91)Cicely Tyson (90)Hal Holbrook (90)

I have been told by a higher power that Carol Channing won't see 2016.SC
duh its obvious he has been hired to kill Carol Channing by his employer. How could you not know that
  • Like 2

Oscar Nominees:

Cicely Tyson (90)

She is the bookies favorite to win a Guest Actress Emmy when they have the ceremony in a month or 2. I guess if she looks frail at the ceremony then she would be a good pick,otherwise since she is still working probably not one of the first few 90 year olds people should be looking at for their deathpools.

Just been putting together a list of the oldest Oscar winners/nominees and this is what I've come up with - all these could be a shot within the next year or so (only going to list 90 and above, there's a huge lot of ones in their 80s though) : Oscar Winners:Olivia de Havilland (98)Kirk Douglas (98)Maureen O'Hara (94)George Kennedy (90)Dorothy Malone (90)Eva Marie Saint (90) Oscar Nominees:Carol Channing (94)Doris Day (93)Valentina Cortese (92)Glynis Johns (91)Cicely Tyson (90)Hal Holbrook (90)

I have been told by a higher power that Carol Channing won't see 2016.SC

duh its obvious he has been hired to kill Carol Channing by his employer. How could you not know that

Sir Creep would never do such a thing.After all most deadpools disqualify homicide and SC would not take that chance.He is a serious deadpooler after all!Which is why I kind of believe his claim about Carol Channing.Can`t find any other info on her health.She has looked frailer of late but is 94 1/2.

Actress Zara Nutley, who was best known for supporting roles in Mind Your Language and Never The Twain, now aged 89. Wouldn't make a huge splash but would be picked up on

Oscar Winners:

Olivia de Havilland (98)

Kirk Douglas (98)

Maureen O'Hara (94)

George Kennedy (90)

Dorothy Malone (90)

Eva Marie Saint (90)

Oscar Nominees:

Carol Channing (94)

Doris Day (93)

Valentina Cortese (92)

Glynis Johns (91)

Cicely Tyson (90)

Hal Holbrook (90)

You missed out:

Guiseppe Rotunno (92) Oscar Nominated Cinematographer

Michael Anderson (95) Oscar Nominated Director

Douglas Slocombe (102) Oscar Nominated cinematographer

Having seen Jersey Boys on DVD last night I did some Googling and discovered The Four Seasons' resident mobster Tommy DeVito is still alive, aged 87, given the hike Jersey Boys gave the fame of the whole band he's highly obitable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_DeVito_%28musician%29

Twenty three hours into the in-depth research for my Death by Numbers squad I chanced on the website of former television presenter Michael Barrett (b. 1928)

Hasn't updated the blog since 2012, at which point he was discussing the positive news (then) about Alzheimers. At that point it was about respite for carers. He's telling us summar, surely.

Next years DL?

http://www.mbarratt.co.uk/

• Like 1

I may find it of little value to throw darts at nonagenarian walls hoping something will stick, but most of you love it, so with that let's not forget Gertrude Himmelfarb, historian, 93. Not positive she'd obit in UK but worthy of a mention on someone's DDP team I reckon.

SC

Oscar Nominees:

Cicely Tyson (90)

She is the bookies favorite to win a Guest Actress Emmy when they have the ceremony in a month or 2. I guess if she looks frail at the ceremony then she would be a good pick,otherwise since she is still working probably not one of the first few 90 year olds people should be looking at for their deathpools.

Cicely is about to open a new Broadway show so I think she might be a premature add for 2016.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/181759/new-beginning-opening-dates-set-for-the-gin-game-starring-james-earl-jones-cicely-tyson/

Guest HB

Dick van dyke , jimmy carter , rolf harris , june brown

Just saw the documentary film about Iris Apfel, now aged 94. Renowned style icon would get plenty of coverage, also her husband is now 101 and ailing

Guest Bill  Cosby Is gross

Bill Cosby (acccused serial rapist) and Walter Palmer (lion killer). Death by media harrasement (sort of what happened to Lady Diana).

Any chance in hell (pun, yay) that you folks have ever seen one of our evangelical delights, Jack Van Impe?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Van_Impe(Google his image you'd know in a heartbeat (pun #2 yay)

He's a piece of work and I once did some land surveying of his corporate parking lot (lol true). I suspect the answer is no but I'd guess he's obit easily in USA sources. He's a health disaster and has really aged the past few years on his daily telecasts, and just had triple-bypass surgery. Hard to think he'd see 2017. 2016 May be a push.

SC

Any chance in hell (pun, yay) that you folks have ever seen one of our evangelical delights, Jack Van Impe?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Van_Impe(Google his image you'd know in a heartbeat (pun #2 yay)

He's a piece of work and I once did some land surveying of his corporate parking lot (lol true). I suspect the answer is no but I'd guess he's obit easily in USA sources. He's a health disaster and has really aged the past few years on his daily telecasts, and just had triple-bypass surgery. Hard to think he'd see 2017. 2016 May be a push.

SC

I don't know him, but Wikipedia says triple bypass surgery in May. Not a bad idea.

SC

I don't know him, but Wikipedia says triple bypass surgery in May. Not a bad idea.

That's why I asked. He's no good to DL if he can't obit. He's a shoe-in over here though. Alas....

SC

This may of been suggested before, it could also of been me who suggested it

William "The Refrigerator" Perry - from his Wiki page (I know its not always accurate)

In June 2008, he was diagnosed with Guillain–Barré syndrome, a chronic inflammation disorder of the peripheral nerves. On April 22, 2009, Perry was hospitalized in South Carolina in serious condition from his Guillain-Barré syndrome. Perry spent approximately a month in the hospital before being released. In June 2010, it was reported that Perry suffered from hearing loss, but also that he was improving after his diagnosis of Guillain-Barré syndrome. He had lost more than one hundred pounds (50 kg), but was, by this time, back up to 330 lb (150 kg). In February 2011, ESPN ran a somber article about him, citing ongoing health and drinking problems, and a weight of 400 pounds (180 kg).

In April 2011, Cliff Forrest, a 10-year-old child, discovered Perry's Super Bowl ring for sale. With help from his mother, he purchased it for $8,500 and returned the ring to Perry.

William "The Refrigerator" Perry - from his Wiki page (I know its not always accurate)

In June 2008, he was diagnosed with Guillain–Barré syndrome, a chronic inflammation disorder of the peripheral nerves. On April 22, 2009, Perry was hospitalized in South Carolina in serious condition from his Guillain-Barré syndrome. Perry spent approximately a month in the hospital before being released. In June 2010, it was reported that Perry suffered from hearing loss, but also that he was improving after his diagnosis of Guillain-Barré syndrome. He had lost more than one hundred pounds (50 kg), but was, by this time, back up to 330 lb (150 kg). In February 2011, ESPN ran a somber article about him, citing ongoing health and drinking problems, and a weight of 400 pounds (180 kg).

In April 2011, Cliff Forrest, a 10-year-old child, discovered Perry's Super Bowl ring for sale. With help from his mother, he purchased it for $8,500 and returned the ring to Perry.

Well if it's big fat black men with syndromes you want, Kamala the Giant is a far better bet, and a double-amputee to prove it.

SC

Well if it's big fat black men with syndromes you want, Kamala the Giant is a far better bet, and a double-amputee to prove it.

SC

If he's lost two limbs isn't he just, like, fat without being so big?

He was 6ft 7" but now he's more or less legless and wheelchair bound, right?

English actors Sean Connery, James Bolam, Tom Baker, Brian Blessed & Bernard Cribbins are all getting on a bit now and looking good for the grim reaper for 2016.

English actors Sean Connery, James Bolam, Tom Baker, Brian Blessed & Bernard Cribbins are all getting on a bit now and looking good for the grim reaper for 2016.

Because none of them have been considered before on here...