Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

JS70381869.jpg

Kenny Lynch ain't looking too hot either.

About the only way the likes of them can get media coverage these days, apart from assisting police enquiries of course

• Like 1

Jimmy Carter, Brian Sewell, Howard Marks and Oliver Sacks should all be top of the list for next year

• Like 4

Every year there is a "surprise" death, one from your childhood perhaps who suddenly curls up after being out of the spotlight for a while or one who is incredibly active and just goes too soon. If they survive this year, my suggestions for the ones that make you go "Awww!!!" are:

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

Brian Cant (Play Away, etc.);

Jim Dale (Carry On Actor);

Derek Griffiths (still voicing ads in the UK, amigo, Kids' TV presenter);

Julia McKenzie (Fresh and French Fields);

Miriam Margolyes (almost anything you've ever seen).

Cilla?

Also Brian Cant has had Parkinsons disease since 1999 so maybe he is one to consider on health grounds.

Every year there is a "surprise" death, one from your childhood perhaps who suddenly curls up after being out of the spotlight for a while or one who is incredibly active and just goes too soon. If they survive this year, my suggestions for the ones that make you go "Awww!!!" are:

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

Gudrun Ure (Supergran in Supergran)

Carol Lee Scott (Grotbags in Emu's World)

Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart (Crackerjack)

Leslie Schofield (Dad in Johnny Briggs)

Su Pollard (Peggy Ollerenshaw in Hi-Di-Hi)

Gorden Kaye (Rene in Allo Allo)

• Like 1

Jared Fogle who is known in Usa for commercials for shitty Subway Sandwiches just plead guilty to being a paedo molester and will be in Prison in a few months I think. It's probable he could get killed in prison because anyone that ends his life will be a hero to the other prisoners.

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

Gudrun Ure (Supergran in Supergran)

Carol Lee Scott (Grotbags in Emu's World)

Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart (Crackerjack)

Leslie Schofield (Dad in Johnny Briggs)

Su Pollard (Peggy Ollerenshaw in Hi-Di-Hi)

Gorden Kaye (Rene in Allo Allo)

My suggestions for the Aww or Cilla factor (i.e being either active or not very old so that their death is somewhat unexpected and leaves you thinking "well fancy that" ) are :

Betty White

Honor Blackman

Angela Lansbury

June Whitfield

Dick Van Dyke

June Brown

Sidney Poitier

Freddie Jones

Roger Moore

Cleo Laine

Bruce Forsyth

Patricia Routledge

Christopher Plummer

Tippi Hedren

Buzz Aldrin

Gene Hackman

Robert Wagner

Clint Eastwood

Burt Kwuok

Sean Connery

Eileen Derbyshire

Ronnie Corbett

Lionel Blair

Des O`Connor

William Roache

Sheila Hancock

Dudley Sutton

Dickie Bird

Gene Wilder

Bryan Murphy

Barbara Knox

Sylvia Sims

Annette Crosbie

Barry Humphries

Shirley MacLaine

Mary Berry

Johnny Briggs

Amanda Barrie

Julie Andrews

Clive Swift

Glenda Jackson

Anna Karen

Vanessa Redgrave

Jilly Cooper

Warren Beatty

Jack Nicholson

Barbara Windsor

Jane Fonda

Anthony Hopkins

Derek Jacobi

David Jason

Jimmy Tarbuck

Peter Fonda

Ringo Starr

John Craven

Cliff Richard

Bob Dylan

Michael Crawford

Barbra Streisand

Paul McCartney

Tony Blackburn

Peter Benson (actor)

Robert De Niro

Sue Nicholls

Laila Morse

Joanna Lumley

Maureen Lipman

Leslie Grantham

Russ Abbott

Jeanette Krankie

Dennis Waterman

Lulu

Michael Kitchen

Noel Edmonds

Zoe Wannamaker

Robert Lindsay

Julie Walters

Robbie Coltrane

Ian McNeice

Paul O`Grady

https://www.justgiving.com/Carey-Lander

Carey Lander of Camera Obscura , is , basically , fucked.

If she makes the starting line of Jan 1st, nailed on.

Jimmy Carter, Brian Sewell, Howard Marks and Oliver Sacks should all be top of the list for next year

Top 4 in that order would be good I think.If any are left off it would be a massive mistake.

I think Jimmy Carter will get some kind of record for being the most picked person in deadpooling ever.

Also, I think the Deathlist should include Hugh Hefner next year. He's interesting enough and about to turn 90. He's sort of the type the committee goes for.

Top 4 in that order would be good I think.If any are left off it would be a massive mistake.
5. We need Lynne Stewart as well

5. We need Lynne Stewart as well

Lynne Stewart I am slightly cautious about as her cancer is not progressing at the moment.However it is stage 4 and terminal plus she has loads of other breathing and blood pressure problems.I also wonder if she is really a Death List name.She isn`t too notable over here like the other 4.What does everyone else think?I guess she could be ok to put on the list as she is notable for her work and imprisonment and will easily obit.Same with Grace Lee Boggs Holly Woodlawn and Phyllis Tickle.

Ah, something else. If the committee would like to attract a new mascot, they might want to start picking George R. R. Martin. I mean, his fans have been afraid of his sudden death for a couple of years already.

Edit: About Lynne Stewart, I don't know. Prisoners (and their lawyers) aren't very reliable about their health. There are tons of currently or recently imprisoned teasers, like Hadzic, Seselj, Derby-Lewis, Scott Thorson, still alive.

Speaking of Sacks.He published a brilliant article a few days ago about his life and death.Don`t get the impression he has very much longer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/opinion/sunday/oliver-sacks-sabbath.html?_r=0

"And now, weak, short of breath, my once-firm muscles melted away by cancer, I find my thoughts, increasingly, not on the supernatural or spiritual, but on what is meant by living a good and worthwhile life — achieving a sense of peace within oneself. I find my thoughts drifting to the Sabbath, the day of rest, the seventh day of the week, and perhaps the seventh day of one’s life as well, when one can feel that one’s work is done, and one may, in good conscience, rest."

• Like 1

Guest This Wall

What about Mikhail Gorbachev?

Speaking of Sacks.He published a brilliant article a few days ago about his life and death.Don`t get the impression he has very much longer.http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/opinion/sunday/oliver-sacks-sabbath.html?_r=0"And now, weak, short of breath, my once-firm muscles melted away by cancer, I find my thoughts, increasingly, not on the supernatural or spiritual, but on what is meant by living a good and worthwhile life — achieving a sense of peace within oneself. I find my thoughts drifting to the Sabbath, the day of rest, the seventh day of the week, and perhaps the seventh day of one’s life as well, when one can feel that one’s work is done, and one may, in good conscience, rest."
I read that, make deathlisting depressing as the world loses a truly great individual who did so much to forward his pcheonology and the life's of his patients

sad to hear - one of my abiding memories of Indietracks 2013 was watching Camera Obscura after a biblical downpour forced them to move the gig from the main outdoor stage to the engine shed. Not a good year to camp!

Guest Mori Povich

sad to hear - one of my abiding memories of Indietracks 2013 was watching Camera Obscura after a biblical downpour forced them to move the gig from the main outdoor stage to the engine shed. Not a good year to camp!

As a regular DDP player, it would be hypocritical of me to tut-tut. But I know Carey and this is desperately sad, and however much I compartmentalise, when things get this close to home the whole deadpool notion loses its appeal.

As a regular DDP player, it would be hypocritical of me to tut-tut. But I know Carey and this is desperately sad, and however much I compartmentalise, when things get this close to home the whole deadpool notion loses its appeal.

Underachiever, please try harder.

That's the problem... death doesn't spare your personal friends (or yourself).

A number of names worthy of serious consideration;

Jimmy Hill (had Alzheimer's since 2008 and now in a nursing home)

Warren Mitchell

Desmond Morris

Gudrun Ure

Jim Bowen

Mary Wilson

Clarissa Eden

Sidney Cooke

Stanley Donen

Jimmy Young

Vivean Gray

Lance Russell

Prunella Scales

Stanley Baxter

Elizabeth Kelly

Leonard Fenton

Peter Dimmock

Roger Moore

Lionel Blue

• Like 2

Warren Mitchell

Desmond Morris

Gudrun Ure

Jim Bowen

Mary Wilson

Clarissa Eden

Sidney Cooke

Stanley Donen

Jimmy Young

Vivean Gray

Lance Russell

Prunella Scales

Stanley Baxter

Elizabeth Kelly

Leonard Fenton

Peter Dimmock

Roger Moore

Lionel Blue

sorry, but your list is over run with Alzheimer's patients and if we let them all in we'd then forget the point of deathlisting

Warren Mitchell

Desmond Morris

Gudrun Ure

Jim Bowen

Mary Wilson

Clarissa Eden

Sidney Cooke

Stanley Donen

Jimmy Young

Vivean Gray

Lance Russell

Prunella Scales

Stanley Baxter

Elizabeth Kelly

Leonard Fenton

Peter Dimmock

Roger Moore

Lionel Blue

sorry, but your list is over run with Alzheimer's patients and if we let them all in we'd then forget the point of deathlisting

Only Prunella Scales and Jimmy Hill have Alzheimer`s on the list though as far as I know.Alzheimer`s is typically a disease that you can live with for 7-10 years .Scales I think would be a bad pick as she hasn`t got advanced Alzheimer`s and still appears in public .Hill on the other hand has had the disease far longer and his wife even said last year that he didn`t recognise her and was near enough completely robbed of his faculties.He has also had the disease for 7 years and has been in a home for quite a few now and at 87 I think is a pretty obvious choice for next year.Same goes with Antony Booth Grevile Janner and Glen Campbell.Campbell granted was only diagnosed 4 years ago but is near the final stages of the disease.I think it is a good idea to pick celebs with Alzheimers but only after they have had the disease for a few years and require full time care.

EDIT:I spoke too soon .Prunella Scales has seriously deteriated: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3209629/Prunella-Scales-s-dementia-bad-forgot-d-just-seen.html

I think Peter Falk has Alzheimer's.

Really.I though he just had one eye and an invisible wife who you never saw.I guess we should have seen the signs.He was always forgetting how he had figured the case out and then remembering just before he left the room.

• Like 1