themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

Former CBS producer Tony Verna, father of the instant replay on TV, died at the age of 81.

I repeat...

Former CBS producer Tony Verna, father of the instant replay on TV, died at the age of 81.

• Like 2

I repeat...

Ahem...

regards,

Hein

Guest Alan

Deirdre from Corrie, Anne Kirkbride. What a massive shock, not even flagged as sick. RIP, only 60 years old too.

Deirdre from Corrie, Anne Kirkbride. What a massive shock, not even flagged as sick. RIP, only 60 years old too.

Shocking news, maybe her cancer came back, explains why she left Corrie so suddenly last year, wasn't expecting this.

Shocking news, maybe her cancer came back, explains why she left Corrie so suddenly last year, wasn't expecting this.

Fair to say that no-one was expecting this. Not one single deadpooler picked her in the DDP!

I repeat...

Ahem...

regards,

Hein

Damn useless repeats...

Fair to say that no-one was expecting this. Not one single deadpooler picked her in the DDP!

2015 has continued in the same vein as 2014 , surprise deaths and the dead certs still alive and kicking.

I expect Caroline Aherne to go like this too later in the year . People not familiar to dead pooling or the deathlist will be just as shocked by her death as Anne's .

Guest Goat

I didn't see that one coming, but then I probably should have. I remember thinking a few months ago that it was pretty mysterious that she was taking a break for a 'medical emergence' but I didn't think any more of it. Pretty shocking.

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/32881/20150120/ak-canserbero-dead-rapper-tirone-gonz%C3%A1lez-cause-death-reportedly-suicide.htm

26-year-old Venezuelan rapper throws himself out of a window.... but not before stabbing his mate to death first..... :huh:

So, more hit-flop than hip-hop, then.

• Like 1

Guess the candyman can't ... at least any longer.

Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95. Gordon died Tuesday in Boston after a brief illness. Gordon ran the Chicago-based confectioner for 53 years, overseeing the manufacture of 64 million Tootsie Rolls a day and other favorites including Junior Mints, Charleston Chews, Tootsie Pops, DOTS, Charms and Sugar Daddy.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102355892#.

Guess the candyman can't ... at least any longer.

Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95. Gordon died Tuesday in Boston after a brief illness. Gordon ran the Chicago-based confectioner for 53 years, overseeing the manufacture of 64 million Tootsie Rolls a day and other favorites including Junior Mints, Charleston Chews, Tootsie Pops, DOTS, Charms and Sugar Daddy.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102355892#.

"Tootsie pops" "Juinor" mints "Sugar Daddy"....

Hmmm, something of the Jimmy Harris/Rolf Savile about all that :blink:

And possibly a man after your own heart LFN as one of his most famous ad campaigns featured the question of how many licks on hard pop one had to make before pop gave up the sweet reward ...

• Like 2

Couldn't find him on the forum, John Bayley, hubby of Iris Murdoch http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11360441/John-Bayley.html

I almost put this guy on my DDP just cos he once wrote a novel called "The Queer Captain". What is that, something halfway between Brokeback Mountain and The Caine Mutiny?

anyway.. if I'd realised he was the husband of someone some people had actually heard of I might have done!

• Like 1

Couldn't find him on the forum, John Bayley, hubby of Iris Murdoch http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11360441/John-Bayley.html

I almost put this guy on my DDP just cos he once wrote a novel called "The Queer Captain". What is that, something halfway between Brokeback Mountain and The Caine Mutiny?

anyway.. if I'd realised he was the husband of someone some people had actually heard of I might have done!

Think carefully now Doc; how many gay cowboys were there in Brokeback Mountain? I'll give you a latitude of a thousand either way.