Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Jennie will be the only one in there who's approval ratings will never go down.

Can she get more speaking time than any of the Reform idiots ? She'd make so much more sense as well

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Can she get more speaking time than any of the Reform idiots ? She'd make so much more sense as well

Unfortunately there's no need as Nigel Führage is set to provide all the dog shit.

• Haha 1

See the baby held by Neil Kinnock on this Private Eye front cover from 1987?

Image.jpeg.d77c822be2e0583681bd6eba44c81979.jpeg

Her name is Georgia Gould. She's now the Labour MP for Queen's Park and Maida Vale and a junior minister in the Cabinet Office.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

While the Tories tear what's left of themselves apart over leadership, their outgoing leader's wife hopefully soon to be given a right going over...

539371844_Image10-07-2024at14_42.thumb.jpeg.747b7c3353f825bb4afb29d8ad87b300.jpeg

• Like 2

30p Lee accidentally spot on here:

1016388865_Image10-07-2024at15_01.thumb.jpeg.d9cfe9cedfff84aee32ba4b92cb33af2.jpeg

1836356294_Image10-07-2024at15.01(1).thumb.jpeg.6bea59ac8be5bbb705faf175b19308d5.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

This is a good parliament for animal representation. Jennie representing the dog population, while Speaker Lindsay Hoyle represents the jellyfish population. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Toast said:

I've said before, a "like" reaction isn't enough for some posts. Can we have a "love", please?  @Death Impends  @Paul Bearer    image.png.741343106080040287c068e6f494c1b5.png

(This was for the Rayner/Jenkyns post)

Love has been added.

• Shocked 1
  • Love 9

20 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

No way Bravermann takes that jibe lying down 

• Haha 4

If I may just piss on your chips here.

I found it offensive when Johnson hung the St George Flag bunting on 10 Downing Street, so I still find it offensive that the supposed change candidate Starmer also hung the same bunting out. But he spread it all along the street.

My view hasn't changed. Either you accept that Downing Street is a symbol of the United Kingdom or you don't, and accept it's England's rose.

Of course, I burst out laughing yesterday when all the new Scottish Labour MPs turned up for a meeting with the PM, along with sad Sarwar and bilious Baillie. They were forced to walk by all the bunting and stop for photos in front of it!

"I have MPs in Scotland, Wales and England" proudly pronounced Starmer. It is true. So act like it. Plenty of other places you can hang your nationalist flags.

There you go. Consistency.

And good luck to the boys against the Netherlands. (I'm in a quandary, cos the Dutch keeper and Foden are mighty fine!).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

I found it offensive when Johnson hung the St George Flag bunting on 10 Downing Street, so I still find it offensive that the supposed change candidate Starmer also hung the same bunting out. But he spread it all along the street.

My view hasn't changed. Either you accept that Downing Street is a symbol of the United Kingdom or you don't, and accept its England's rose.

Of course, I burst out laughing yesterday when all the new Scottish Labour MPs turned up for a meeting with the PM, along with sad Sarwar and bilious Baillie. They were forced to walk by all the bunting and stop for photos in front of it!

"I have MPs in Scotland, Wales and England" proudly pronounced Starmer. It is true. So act like it. Plenty of other places you can hang your nationalist flags.

And good luck to the boys against the Netherlands. (I'm in a quandary, cos the Dutch keeper and Foden are mighty fine!).

Fucking flags. Cause more bloody issues than policies. Even if they're  in a worthy cause there's always somebody bleating that they shouldn't have been flown and causing more division (yes you currently Braverman).

The trouble is, unless you're flying a 'peace to the world' flag, you're always  going to piss on somebody's chips. (and yeah, even that one probably gets on one group or anothers tits)

Time to form a 'Chainsaw all the flagpoles' party.

• Haha 1

1795656317_Image10-07-2024at17_24.thumb.jpeg.920d137952df6b4bb3e43535d559141c.jpeg

816671801_Image10-07-2024at17.24(1).thumb.jpeg.e31f584908c968387cdb1c15fec7f7db.jpeg

2078625694_Image10-07-2024at17.24(2).thumb.jpeg.92e116a829927965c623d9cd5d5c348e.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

Fucking flags. Cause more bloody issues than policies. Even if they're  in a worthy cause there's always somebody bleating that they shouldn't have been flown and causing more division (yes you currently Braverman).

The trouble is, unless you're flying a 'peace to the world' flag, you're always  going to piss on somebody's chips. (and yeah, even that one probably gets on one group or anothers tits)

Time to form a 'Chainsaw all the flagpoles' party.

Yeah, I'm uncomfortable with the Pride or Unity flag or whatever was flown at the Home Office allegedly. 

Doesn't mean I'm a fan of Security Risk Suella. Not by a long Alex Chalk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TQR said:

Unfortunately there's no need as Nigel Führage is set to provide all the dog shit.

and plenty of dog whistles.

• Like 1

This tweet from Esther McVey, the former Minister for *snorts* Common Sense, is a response to the reversal of the ban on rainbow-coloured lanyards. You'd not believe it if it was not already widely known that Esther McVey is a fucking lunatic.

92051299_Image10-07-2024at18_08.jpeg.a6d33c4d57709b3facca73bd79012e14.jpeg

7 minutes ago, TQR said:

This tweet from Esther McVey, the former Minister for *snorts* Common Sense, is a response to the reversal of the ban on rainbow-coloured lanyards. You'd not believe it if it was not already widely known that Esther McVey is a fucking lunatic

*partially redacted*

I think they should stop fighting the culture wars and picking meaningless fights and concentrate on providing some sort of opposition to policies. Otherwise all these former ministers are farting in a field as far as the public are concerned.

Perhaps if we ignored these kind of brain fails from essentially failed politicians, they would stop issuing them? It's the attention they want, but it makes them look foolish. So no change there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

My view hasn't changed. Either you accept that Downing Street is a symbol of the United Kingdom or you don't, and accept it's England's rose.

I assumed it was because the England football team are still in the tournament. 

Don't you think there would have been Scottish and/or Welsh flags out if they had still been playing?  Of course there would.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TQR said:

This tweet from Esther McVey, the former Minister for *snorts* Common Sense, is a response to the reversal of the ban on rainbow-coloured lanyards. You'd not believe it if it was not already widely known that Esther McVey is a fucking lunatic.

How the fuck was this dimwit re-elected?

• Like 2

Just now, Toast said:

I assumed it was because the England football team are still in the tournament. 

Don't you think there would have been Scottish and/or Welsh flags out if they had still been playing?  Of course there would.

And I would have been equally outraged.

No place for division in the UK, I say. If you still want it to exist.

19 minutes ago, TQR said:

92051299_Image10-07-2024at18_08.jpeg.a6d33c4d57709b3facca73bd79012e14.jpeg

Most of her party want a USA system considering their love of Trump.

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

No place for division in the UK, I say.

Aren't you pro-Scottish independence?

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Aren't you pro-Scottish independence?

Once again, I'll explain it. 

I would prefer a system of federalism, with as far as Scotland is concerned, home rule. That means that the Westminster Parliament would be in charge of defence of the realm and other things affecting the whole. That Parliament would meet only every so often, leaving an English Parliament with the English MPs meeting to deal with English matters and Scotland having control of its own matters. That would certainly clarify in the eyes of the people and the world that this is a union of nations, and not government by consent of Westminster.

That would free up resources and create jobs in the constituent parts.

So no, I''m not in favour of independence for its own sake.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Once again, I'll explain it. 

I would prefer a system of federalism, with as far as Scotland is concerned, home rule. That means that the Westminster Parliament would be in charge of defence of the realm and other things affecting the whole. That Parliament would meet only every so often, leaving an English Parliament with the English MPs meeting to deal with English matters and Scotland having control of its own matters. That would certainly clarify in the eyes of the people and the world that this is a union of nations, and not government by consent of Westminster.

That would free up resources and create jobs in the constituent parts.

So no, I''m not in favour of independence for its own sake.

I’m not knocking your opinion, I think the Federalism argument is an interesting one, but it’s not exactly anti-division.