Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

11 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Tugendaht gone. Cleverly now in the lead with 39 with Jenrick on 31 and Badenoch on 30. Tugendaht had 20.

Hard to tell who wins the membership out Cleverly and Jenrick. 

I am presuming most of the 20 who voted for TT will switch to Cleverly.  However the membership are an odd bunch who choose Truss over Sunak. Have they learnt their lesson? 

I don't think the second placed candidate will pull out and allow for a simple coronation because the membership will need to be part of any rebuild project.

• Like 1

What a choice. Jimmy Dimly, Jenprick or BadEnough. :facepalm:

• Like 1

its interesting, though not surprising, that the media think that comms is the problem. No, the problem is the fact that on the one hand Starmer and his top team have accepted hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of gifts etc.. while on the other telling the people on the margins of society that they have to make do, and that there is no money left to help them. You would think with a new 3K pair of glasses he would be able to see how bad this looks.

BTL grauniad comment.

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am presuming most of the 20 who voted for TT will switch to Cleverly.  However the membership are an odd bunch who choose Truss over Sunak. Have they learnt their lesson? 

I don't think the second placed candidate will pull out and allow for a simple coronation because the membership will need to be part of any rebuild project.

Likely TT's voters have had their collective ears mightily bent, the main thing to ponder for neutrals is whether this party still has the sense of its own self-worth and the number of MPs to do the usual politicing up to the end. crudely, does JC have enough of a lead that he'd lend votes and get others to encourage TT supporters to vote for RJ, the point being to stop KB getting to the last two where she's fancied to be a capable winner. If it's the two remaining lads you think JC would walk it but RJ may find himself rewarded with a really good shadow cabinet job.

Jenrick & Badenoch through to the membership, Cleverly out.

Badenoch 42

Jenrick 41

Cleverly 37

Cleverly toast - nobody saw that coming, surely

ONE vote in it between him and Jenrick, Kemi clearly out front

120 votes - one abstention being Rishi Sunak

Just a guess, Cleverly lent a few votes too many to Jenrick in the hopes of seeing off Badenoch

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

The Tory Party is going to be a mess for the entire term i suspect. 

• Like 3

Shit. The two remaining candidates were my least favourites when all the candidates were announced, not that I had a favourite to begin with. Badenoch is a vile, far-right nut and Jenrick is an untrustworthy slimeball. She is completely detestable in my eyes, so I think I'd prefer Jenrick only because he's more likely to get himself involved in a career ending scandal and require them to have to get another new leader. I'd never vote Tory anyway but there isn't even the tiniest glimmer of hope anymore.

• Like 4

Time for this classic again I think: Robert Jenrick is MP for Newark, which is also an anagram of his nickname.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Eww, imagine having to vote for either of these people. I'd rather hammer my face against a bed of nails till there was nothing left.

Watch them team up with Reform. :facepalm:

Shadow Home Secretary Braverman incoming...

15 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Shadow Home Secretary Braverman incoming...

Would Badenoch appoint her. She is the favourite with the bookies.

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Cleverly toast - nobody saw that coming, surely

ONE vote in it between him and Jenrick, Kemi clearly out front

120 votes - one abstention being Rishi Sunak

Just a guess, Cleverly lent a few votes too many to Jenrick in the hopes of seeing off Badenoch

Grant Shapps aka Sebastian Fox aka Corrine Stockheath aka Michael Green was his campaign manager so this would check out 

Equally with how low’s  Starmer approval rating is now it won’t possibly take that much for Badenoch or Jenrick to become PM after the next election. 

• Facepalm 3

Nurse! Nurse! He's posting politics again!

• Haha 8

Badenoch seems to be the favourite of the members, but there are concerns she's the next Liz Truss given her poor media performances. One can only hope. What an absolute fucking shit show.

55 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Badenoch seems to be the favourite of the members, but there are concerns she's the next Liz Truss given her poor media performances. One can only hope. What an absolute fucking shit show.

With how Labour has started nobody should be assuming any result in 2029 can’t happen. Things are going to get wilder and unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Yeah, doubtless the vote went down really well at Labour HQ, the best news they've had in a few weeks

• Like 1

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, doubtless the vote went down really well at Labour HQ, the best news they've had in a few weeks

I imagine it did but hopefully not too arrogant. 

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Equally with how low’s  Starmer approval rating is now it won’t possibly take that much for Badenoch or Jenrick to become PM after the next election. 

Yeah, only the 160 odd gains to be the largest party and the hope that somehow the Liberal Democrat vote will collapse as well. Other than that, a cinch!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

With how Labour has started nobody should be assuming any result in 2029 can’t happen. Things are going to get wilder and unpredictable. 

52 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I imagine it did but hopefully not too arrogant. 

With the greatest of respect, will you kindly shut the fuck up? Your perpetual soul-crushing pessimism is matched only by the utter garbage of your political understanding.

• Like 4

He's "occy" from Digital Spy, isn't he?

16 hours ago, JQW said:

He's "occy" from Digital Spy, isn't he?

I’m not.