Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

What with Musk being a fucking "tech genius", maybe he can show Dr Death how to retrieve all those lost WhatsApp messages while he's there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

He is better suited to dealing with underpopulation.

Well that's not fair. He more than made up for his sexual incontinence by killing hundreds of thousands during the pandemic with his government's negligence.

This from Boris Johnson just before Covid got really, really bad over Christmas & New Year:

IMG_8444.thumb.jpeg.229f1e91673bd882adb6b6b474543c0c.jpeg

16 minutes ago, TQR said:

This from Boris Johnson just before Covid got really, really bad over Christmas & New Year:

Biggist irony is he ended up in hospital himself of course

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Biggist irony is he ended up in hospital himself of course

This was after his hospitalisation! I would say Covid must’ve starved his brain of oxygen for too long but there was no evidence of full functionality beforehand.

IMG_8445.thumb.jpeg.6826e685ae537b811d5543aa81d421a9.jpeg

19 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Broken Clock etc......

Will it undermine the government FFS. 

Reminds me of one of the few bits of Steve Coogan I like, The Day Today. The sketch was a report about an Elvis fan/serial killer getting executed by loo/electric chair. Coogan's Elvis Fan Club President was asked if this execution undermined Elvis's legacy, and he replied: "No, Sir, the King undermined his own legacy by dying on the John in a nappy!"

Sums up the government imo.

4 hours ago, TQR said:

A deadpooling perspective of this is that it further hints he has major underlining health issues if he must treat his own hospitalisation as so untypical, 

"Competent people at the centre of power"?

Who were they then?

20 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Speaking of fuckpig morons and cunts

That pathetic little pissweasel wanted to play god. In many ways he’s the most virulent creature of the last decade of our lamentable political sphere.

While I'm here, the BBC have also compiled an article looking at what a second Trump Presidency would look like. It truly is the stuff of nightmares. And there's not a mention of the fact he could be a convicted felon by the time he takes office. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67272569

Trump is planning to be better prepared for office this time around, knowing what it takes to force his agenda through and not wasting time getting started. Based on policy positions outlined by groups affiliated to him and pronouncements from The Donald himself, here's an insight into his plans:

1. Flying cars
  2. "Freedom Cities" built on federal land free of 'burdensome regulation'.
  3. Round-up the homeless and put them in tent camps until their 'problems can be identified' (he'd get on well with Cruella)
  4. State school teachers must 'embrace patriotic values'.
  5. A universal baseline tariff on all foreign imports.
  6. Reinstate the policy that undocumented migrants are held in Mexico while they apply for asylum.
  7. End automatic citizenship for children of illegal immigrants (Dreamers - this is unconstitutional by the way)
  8. Cut "hundreds of billions" of dollars of US foreign aid (and end the Ukraine war in the progress - in Russia's favour, naturally).
  9. Withdraw the US from NATO or scale back their commitments considerably.
  10. Open season for energy suppliers - drill, baby, drill.
  11. Reinstate an order he brought in allowing all civil servants to be sacked and replaced by political appointees (Biden repealed it).
  12. "Find and remove the radicals, zealots and Marxists who have infiltrated the Department for Education".
  13. "Pass critical reforms making every executive branch appointee fireable by the President of the United States." (which I think is essentially the definition of a dictator).
  14. Currently compiling a database of willing foot soldiers to staff the administration and ensure all these policies are enacted as soon as possible.

Americans aren't that stupid...surely...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

BBC Article: Home Secretary Suella Braverman wants to restrict use of tents by homeless

Apparently it's a lifestyle choice. She truly is one of the most evil elected politicians this country has ever seen. 

And I honestly think she, or someone one just as far right as her, will probably end up PM someday. 

• Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

While I'm here, the BBC have also compiled an article looking at what a second Trump Presidency would look like. It truly is the stuff of nightmares. And there's not a mention of the fact he could be a convicted felon by the time he takes office. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67272569

Trump is planning to be better prepared for office this time around, knowing what it takes to force his agenda through and not wasting time getting started. Based on policy positions outlined by groups affiliated to him and pronouncements from The Donald himself, here's an insight into his plans:

1. Flying cars
  2. "Freedom Cities" built on federal land free of 'burdensome regulation'.
  3. Round-up the homeless and put them in tent camps until their 'problems can be identified' (he'd get on well with Cruella)
  4. State school teachers must 'embrace patriotic values'.
  5. A universal baseline tariff on all foreign imports.
  6. Reinstate the policy that undocumented migrants are held in Mexico while they apply for asylum.
  7. End automatic citizenship for children of illegal immigrants (Dreamers - this is unconstitutional by the way)
  8. Cut "hundreds of billions" of dollars of US foreign aid (and end the Ukraine war in the progress - in Russia's favour, naturally).
  9. Withdraw the US from NATO or scale back their commitments considerably.
  10. Open season for energy suppliers - drill, baby, drill.
  11. Reinstate an order he brought in allowing all civil servants to be sacked and replaced by political appointees (Biden repealed it).
  12. "Find and remove the radicals, zealots and Marxists who have infiltrated the Department for Education".
  13. "Pass critical reforms making every executive branch appointee fireable by the President of the United States." (which I think is essentially the definition of a dictator).
  14. Currently compiling a database of willing foot soldiers to staff the administration and ensure all these policies are enacted as soon as possible.

Americans aren't that stupid...surely...

If he gets in power the Republicans will never let go again. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

And I honestly think she, or someone one just as far right as her, will probably end up PM someday. 

It's a good job you're wrong about everything, then.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

And I honestly think she will probably end up PM someday. 

Well, that's reassuring.

3 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

BBC Article: Home Secretary Suella Braverman wants to restrict use of tents by homeless

Apparently it's a lifestyle choice. She truly is one of the most evil elected politicians this country has ever seen. 

I'm a bigger proponent of free speech than most. I don't have anyone blocked on here or in my personal life. People should be allowed to express unpopular opinions without censorship (criticism is not censorship).

Having said that, if I were to ever meet Suella, I would love nothing more than to shove a great big long tent pole in her geggie.

• Like 4