Sir Creep

Gospel & Christian Music

Mark Hall, the leader singer of Christian worship band Casting Crowns has kidney cancer, and the little bugger is going to be removed.

CastingCrowns1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Mark Hall, the leader singer of Christian worship band Casting Crowns has kidney cancer, and the little bugger is going to be removed.

CastingCrowns1.jpg

Unless that message is years old, then it's his second fight with kidney cancer. He had it years ago already.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Unless that message is years old, then it's his second fight with kidney cancer. He had it years ago already.

I believe you are correct -- I've been duped into thinking it was a new ailment as well.  Nothing to see here :tomatododge:

A founding member of the Grammy-winning gospel group the Blind Boys of Alabama has died. Clarence Fountain was 88.

Fountain died Sunday in a hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where he had been taken Friday, manager Charles Driebe of Atlanta said in an email Monday.

The group won four Grammys, a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award and a National Endowment for the Arts National Heritage Fellowship, and were members of the Gospel Music Hall of Fame.

Anyone in Scavenger Hunt II have Mr. Fountain the Grammy winner?  (Edit: Nope!)
SC

• Like 1

A Gospel rapper?  There's a 'Christian hip hop community'??  Huh.  Well I gotta put it somewhere, and the Gospel thread needs beefing up.

The Christian hip-hop community was rocked this week with the news that one of its most influential gospel rappers, Thi’sl Tyler, was shot multiple times.

Multiple posts on social media indicated that Tyler was shot during an attempted robbery by some of the same people he has been trying to witness to about Christ.  (The nerve of some people!!)

A relative confirmed the shooting via a Facebook post.  “Didn’t want to post until I knew he was ok and really wrapped my head around everything that happened today. My fav was shot multiples x’s last night and underwent surgery this morning.. He is expected to have a full recovery,” Dannette Dee Dee, someone who claims to be Tyler’s cousin, wrote.
SC

On 26/10/2016 at 12:53, gcreptile said:

Gospel "Legend" Carman Licciardello might be one to watch:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/gospel-legend-carman-shares-miracle-of-healing-with-others-battling-cancer-170929/

He says he beat the incurable cancer he had three years ago. Since his recovery he had multiple heart attacks. No idea if he can obit though. He has a wikipedia article as "Carman".

Legendary gospel music entertainer Carman Licciardello has declared that he is cancer free he won't stop fighting for his life and believes in total healing as he battles cancer for a second time

Licciardello was diagnosed with incurable myeloma cancer in 2013 and defied the odds after nine months of chemotherapy. But after six years in remission, it has returned. 

“Doctors said the average remission was nine years.....but now the tests tell us 17% of the cancer is back. Nine years reduced to six years."

He revealed that for the past five months he's tried a few different cancer treatments but they all failed. 

“Since last July I’ve been on the more advanced medicine and getting chemo shots in my stomach every Tuesday. That really hurts.... Now this week I’m back in Little Rock after faithfully following this regimen for seven months to see if this new approach has worked,” he continued.  The singer/actor went in for a bone biopsy on Tuesday where doctors drilled a hole in his hip to extract a piece of the bone to see if there was any sign of cancer.
SC

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Legendary gospel music entertainer Carman Licciardello has declared that he is cancer free he won't stop fighting for his life and believes in total healing as he battles cancer for a second time

Licciardello was diagnosed with incurable myeloma cancer in 2013 and defied the odds after nine months of chemotherapy. But after six years in remission, it has returned. 

“Doctors said the average remission was nine years.....but now the tests tell us 17% of the cancer is back. Nine years reduced to six years."

He revealed that for the past five months he's tried a few different cancer treatments but they all failed. 

“Since last July I’ve been on the more advanced medicine and getting chemo shots in my stomach every Tuesday. That really hurts.... Now this week I’m back in Little Rock after faithfully following this regimen for seven months to see if this new approach has worked,” he continued.  The singer/actor went in for a bone biopsy on Tuesday where doctors drilled a hole in his hip to extract a piece of the bone to see if there was any sign of cancer.
SC

SInce he first said he was totally dying of cancer, we've swapped Presidents, PMs (x2), French Presidents, and the bloody Pope.

At least Putin is a constant. :lol:

LaShun Pace (Wiki) an American gospel singer dead at 60

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

LaShun Pace (Wiki) an American gospel singer dead at 60

Reaper decided to pick up the pace.

• Like 1

Friends of late gospel singer Osinachi Nwachukwu are alleging that the “Ekwueme” crooner died from domestic violence, and not throat cancer as earlier reported.

Friends said the cause of death was a kick in the chest by husband Peter Nwachukwu, which placed the victim on five days of life support before she passed away.

In a series of Facebook posts and WhatsApp status messages, it was revealed that the singer had been a victim of domestic violence for a long time.

The news of the singer’s passing in a hospital in Abuja was announced on Friday, April 8, following which her husband was said to had been allegedly arrested for her death. 

The Dunamis chorister and mother of four was said to have previously walked out of the abusive marriage, but reconciled with her husband through the intervention of Pastor Paul Eneche, founder and senior pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Center.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

RIP

SC

Deborah Fraser, South African gospel singer dead at 56 from a stroke and/or diabetes complications.

I'd seen news about her being wheelchairbound due to diabetes complications around three weeks ago, but ignored it as she was only 56. 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 14:38, arghton said:

Deborah Fraser, South African gospel singer dead at 56 from a stroke and/or diabetes complications.

I'd seen news about her being wheelchairbound due to diabetes complications around three weeks ago, but ignored it as she was only 56. 

DL Cup hopeful, gone.

12 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Benjamin Moore Jr., a member of the gospel group Blind Boys of Alabama, has died. He was 80.

https://www.musictimes.com/articles/85016/20220518/benjamin-moore-jr-tragic-cause-death-blind-boys-alabama-singer.htm

Moore was actually better known as the replacement for Bobby Purify ("Bobby Purify II") in the R&B soul duo James & Bobby Purify.

Robert Dickey (1939–2011)
James Purify (1944–2021)
Ben Moore (1941–2022)

Which means all members are now deceased.

• Like 1

Deborah McCrary, a member of the gospel music quartet The McCrary Sisters, has died at the age of 67.

SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Deborah McCrary, a member of the gospel music quartet The McCrary Sisters, has died at the age of 67.

SC

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Does anybody care? (Except from her family) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Does anybody care? (Except from her family) 

I don’t understand your response as isolated to this particular post out of the 15-20 deaths we report daily; but if you’d like to converse, my post count could use a boost.

Sad news in the world of gospel music. Legendary singer LaShun Pace has died.

Pace became famous for singing with her sisters, The Anointed Pace Sisters, but would perform as a solo artist too.

Before she passed away LaShun has several health battles including cancer and a ruptured esophagus.

She died Monday morning at the age of 60 from organ failure.

SC

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Pace became famous for singing with her sisters, The Anointed Pace Sisters, but would perform as a solo artist too.

Before she passed away LaShun has several health battles including cancer and a ruptured esophagus.

SC

She died in March, Sir Bellend.

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

@Clorox Bleachman  what’s your issue spell it out Cunto.

On 21/03/2022 at 14:59, Sir Creep said:

Reaper decided to pick up the pace.

I dunno, maybe don’t post stuff that was already posted and that you replied to already 

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

She died in March, Sir Bellend.

Just saying it again given that you’ve “blocked” Ulitzer.

• Like 2