Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo

Not sure if anyone has Sadiq Khan on their lists, but there could be change within the Labour camp if the predictions are correct and he's elected London Mayor.

Likewise Zac Goldsmith, the Conservative candidate who is MP for Richmond Park. Sadiq Khan is MP for Tooting. While Boris has done the last year of his mayorship while also being an MP, I can't see either of them doing the same thing until 2020 so a by-election is virtually guaranteed.

There is vested interest in the outcome, by my calculations 3 people (Rockhopper, The Engineer, VoYM) have Khan, while no less than 8 people (Deathray, Handrejka, msc, time, Maryport, Dead Cow, Manuel and myself) have Goldsmith. Not sure why there is such a difference, maybe because after the 2015 general election Goldsmith was the only serious challenger for the Conservative nomination for mayor while Labour had Tessa Jowell, Sadiq Khan and David Lammy to name but three..?

Will the Voice of Young Maryport come out on top in the Maryport household once again?

Like he needs any reminding!!

Just be very afraid if he gets his butt into DDP gear!

This could cause a massive disruption to this game.

That'll also be an interesting challenge for a few newly elected Conservative PCCs

Everyone who follows politics has known about this for months. Good to see the police are finally responding.

Everyone who follows politics has known about this for months. Good to see the police are finally responding.

Well, as one who doesn't follow politics that closely could someone give me (and anyone else in my position) a lowdown on the gossip; is this - allegedly - a cynical tactic used country wide to steal an election.

Incidentally, re my post above, there's one PCC who also doubled as a Conservative election agent in a difficult looking position now.

Well, as one who doesn't follow politics that closely could someone give me (and anyone else in my position) a lowdown on the gossip; is this - allegedly - a cynical tactic used country wide to steal an election.

Incidentally, re my post above, there's one PCC who also doubled as a Conservative election agent in a difficult looking position now.

It's a financial trick. There are limits on constituency spending and on party spending, but the latter is obviously much higher a threshold. The Tory battle bus visited a whole bunch of swing seats in the campaign last year, and the people who used the bus were put up at hotels, fed, etc. All of this would have put each candidate above their spending threshold, so the Conservative party allegedly put it down as a national expense. However, allegedly, while the bus itself can be counted by the Electoral Commission as a national expense, the whole hoteling and feeding the actual people counts as a local expense.

The investigations wont come to anything, I don't think, as from what I hear, allegedly this sort of thing goes on all the time to "balance" the books, from all parties, and its not in anyones alleged vested interests for the whole system to come crashing down.

Not sure if anyone saw this tweet from Shatner

33F9FD0300000578-3580627-image-a-2_14627

• Like 5

OK Back in the Saddle now.

Tooting only counts as a resignation, so is worth 10 points but as Sadiq Khan is not defecting you don't run the risk of losing five of them.

All three players who scored for Tooting also scored for Michael Meacher so there are only three possible combination of scores

40 Points

RockHopperPenguin

The Engineer

Voice of Young Maryport

30 Points

Bibliogryphon

Shaun of the Dead

Rotton Ali

Time

Rover and Out

Still to Score

Young Willz

DeathRay

Sir Creep

Handrejka

Msc

Phantom

MPFC

Manuel

Picked the wrong bloody horse to win the Mayoral last year.

• Like 3

Young Maryport was casually discussing his scorching form on Skype over the weekend.

Obviously I was feeling pleased for him and not caring a jot about my woeful start

• Like 1

Young Maryport was casually discussing his scorching form on Skype over the weekend.

Obviously I was feeling pleased for him and not caring a jot about my woeful start

Proud parent.

David "The Ghost" Winnick has looked hideous on recent appearances in Today in Parliament. I still think he'll do well to reach dissolution in four years. There's still the possibility of the Heathrow terminal pushing through, which should cause the resignation of Zac Goldsmith, unless he is a complete charlatan of course, which is always possible. The Alan Mak controversy appears to have died down, but the Marie Rimmer one could well explode at some point in the future.

Otherwise, a curious thing: not only have all four by-elections this parliament been on the Labour side so far, but twelve of the last thirteen by-elections due to death have been Labour too. You need to go all the way back to 2006 and Eric Forth to find one.

• Like 1

David "The Ghost" Winnick has looked hideous on recent appearances in Today in Parliament. I still think he'll do well to reach dissolution in four years. There's still the possibility of the Heathrow terminal pushing through, which should cause the resignation of Zac Goldsmith, unless he is a complete charlatan of course, which is always possible. The Alan Mak controversy appears to have died down, but the Marie Rimmer one could well explode at some point in the future.

Otherwise, a curious thing: not only have all four by-elections this parliament been on the Labour side so far, but twelve of the last thirteen by-elections due to death have been Labour too. You need to go all the way back to 2006 and Eric Forth to find one.

So, we're due a Tory death, then.

Is fat-as-fuck Nicholas Soames still an MP? How does his heart keep going with that blubber and those furred arteries?

1082233406.jpg

He is, and I've no idea.

Funny fact - often MPs who seem horrid can be spoken of as really nice people. I know someone who keeps telling me Jeremy Hunt is actually a nice chap when you get to know him, for example. The ones I've met were always unfailingly polite. The nearly entirely sole exception to this rule is Nicholas Soames, as absolutely everyone I know who has met him in a professional capacity says he's a Grade A twat.

You have to be a certain level of twat to take someone saying that they have Aspergers Syndrome as them being a self-confessed nutjob [see Packhamgate]. The sooner he and his shit brand of idiocy are out of parliament the better.

Woo hoo. Finally leading on a dead pool. Kinda ironic it isn't wholly about predicting deaths.

He is, and I've no idea.

Funny fact - often MPs who seem horrid can be spoken of as really nice people. I know someone who keeps telling me Jeremy Hunt is actually a nice chap when you get to know him, for example. The ones I've met were always unfailingly polite. The nearly entirely sole exception to this rule is Nicholas Soames, as absolutely everyone I know who has met him in a professional capacity says he's a Grade A twat.

He was also filmed driving his grandkids along the public road in a trailer during a hunt.

Forty years ago - pre health and safety legislation - such behaviour was deemed "jolly." He hasn't moved on from there.

Ditto. It seemed a decent bet last year that Goldsmith might win, but I'm also bemused that for some reason I didn't just give myself a 50/50 chance by putting a Labour person in there who might run too. I'm assuming I must have thought it was going to go to Tessa Jowell, who is no longer in Parliament, because otherwise I'm just a moron.

Is fat-as-fuck Nicholas Soames still an MP? How does his heart keep going with that blubber and those furred arteries?

1082233406.jpg

He appeared on a documentary I watched recently...possibly Nick Robinson's about the EU Referendum and he's clearly lost weight. He's still not a small man, but compared with his previous heft it's a fair amount. Various stories on the internet about him cutting out certain things in his diet but no actual numbers on how much he's lost. Told the Sunday Times to 'fuck off' when they asked him about it. Not going soon I don't think. That said, I - and 10 others - have picked him in the by-election bingo, so I won't be too dismayed if he does keel over.

In other news, Stewart Hosie, philandering Treasury spokesman for the Westminster SNP, is to stand down as deputy leader of the party in the autumn. Perhaps he may yet be forced out of politics altogether?

Ditto. It seemed a decent bet last year that Goldsmith might win, but I'm also bemused that for some reason I didn't just give myself a 50/50 chance by putting a Labour person in there who might run too. I'm assuming I must have thought it was going to go to Tessa Jowell, who is no longer in Parliament, because otherwise I'm just a moron.

1082233406.jpg

He appeared on a documentary I watched recently...possibly Nick Robinson's about the EU Referendum and he's clearly lost weight. He's still not a small man, but compared with his previous heft it's a fair amount. Various stories on the internet about him cutting out certain things in his diet but no actual numbers on how much he's lost. Told the Sunday Times to 'fuck off' when they asked him about it. Not going soon I don't think. That said, I - and 10 others - have picked him in the by-election bingo, so I won't be too dismayed if he does keel over.

In other news, Stewart Hosie, philandering Treasury spokesman for the Westminster SNP, is to stand down as deputy leader of the party in the autumn. Perhaps he may yet be forced out of politics altogether?

S'cuse the cynicism re Hosie - who has high blood pressure and other related issues - but I'd say the whole point about standing down as deputy leader is to maintain his hold on elected office. I'm not the only By-Election Bingo entrant who thought the lack of experience amongst the swathe of SNP MPs would mean they were the source of points but Hosie strikes me as shrewd enough to hang on at least until the next election.

Apparently Dennis Skinner was taken to hospital on Friday and treated for a water infection.

1082233406.jpg

S'cuse the cynicism re Hosie - who has high blood pressure and other related issues - but I'd say the whole point about standing down as deputy leader is to maintain his hold on elected office. I'm not the only By-Election Bingo entrant who thought the lack of experience amongst the swathe of SNP MPs would mean they were the source of points but Hosie strikes me as shrewd enough to hang on at least until the next election.

As seen with Thomson and McGarry, but Hosie is meant to be one of the older, wiser heads.

Mind you, the wife he was cheating on is one of Nicola Sturgeon's closest political friends, and a fairly scary person (Shona Robison) in her own right, so he might just be the late Mr Hosie when she's through with him.

OK which one of you fuckers has been cheating ?