Sign in to follow this  
paulh85

May I Perchance Rant?

(I'll have a rant, I still can't post youtube vids here, I missed that lecture ha ha).

paste the url

After spending nearly 2 days compiling the list I posted for Sanford & Son, I sign on today to see it has been deleted. Not moved, not merged, not anything. Just deleted.

I'm not the least bit tolerant of such action, and I think I'll be taking a break from DL until some other time. I don't find it so much inexcusable as I do personal. That's fine.... whoever the admin is that has it out for me, you win.

1474 posts. Full stop.

Peace,

SirC

Well this is the first 'flouncing off in a piss' for ages. You'll look a bit of a nob when you come back and find that it was only moved, not deleted.

1. No no....You're the fahkin nob. I posted it as a thread, just like USS Enterprise or Simpsons or Batman or Dr Who etc etc have their own threads. I was fully capable of burying it on the sitcoms thread had that was my intention.

2. By moving it you totally fucked up the formatting.

3. As of now the Charlotte Rae thread -- which consists of 8 posts asking why there needs to be a Charlotte Rae thread and which has no reason to exist outside of the Sitcoms thread accordingly-- has lasted longer as a stand alone thread than my Sanford and Son one.

Piss off tosser

SC

Ok, here's my effort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xTU2Y0VFH0E

There ya go, pasted the url, nothing except the link. Am I missing a step or summat? Other folk seem to get the actual playing vid.

You need to delete the bit in bold (anything between the ? and the & with sign not including them), it's not part of the actual video url it's just to with page set up on youtube. It would be useful if this site would move the times and support embed codes though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=xTU2Y0VFH0E

• Like 1

Thanks Deathray, I'll give it a go when required. I don't envisage doing it that often tbh, a link in most cases is all that is needed if folk want to watch, but education is a lifelong project. I don't consider myself an old duffer quite yet, but when simple things like this elude me, I do feel like I'm getting on.

1. No no....You're the fahkin nob. I posted it as a thread, just like USS Enterprise or Simpsons or Batman or Dr Who etc etc have their own threads. I was fully capable of burying it on the sitcoms thread had that was my intention.

3. As of now the Charlotte Rae thread -- which consists of 8 posts asking why there needs to be a Charlotte Rae thread and which has no reason to exist outside of the Sitcoms thread accordingly-- has lasted longer as a stand alone thread than my Sanford and Son one.

Piss off tosser

SC

I haven't had a wank for well over a week now.

• Like 3

Piss off tosser

SC

Do you have a valid complaint or are you just whining for the sake of it?

Piss off tosser

SC

To be fair, in order for you to actually toss yourself off, you would need to have a clitoris the size of a Shetland Pony's cock.

Id fucking like to see that!!!!!!!

Piss off tosser

SC

Do you have a valid complaint or are you just whining for the sake of it?

I did hold out the hope that BS was back and posting as SC.

Clearly this is not the case as I like BS.

• Like 1

Piss off tosser

SC

To be fair, in order for you to actually toss yourself off, you would need to have a clitoris the size of a Shetland Pony's cock.

Id fucking like to see that!!!!!!!

Rubbish, I'm brilliant at wanking even with no cock. I do have a massive set of balls though.

• Like 1

Piss off tosser

SC

I'll give you reason...

This lunchtime I've only been for mega juicy pastrami sandwich at Katz's Deli in NYC. The very restaurant where Meg Ryan had that top fake orgasm in "Where Harry met Sally". That meat was so tender and tasty. Just one hell of an experience that I do believe she was having to do very little in the way of method acting, just savouring the good food. And now to top it had a maple favour yogurt that's still rolling round my taste buds...

• Like 1

The old Yankee imperialist has a point to be fair.

A lot of time and effort into composing the thread, and a hit within minutes.

If there was a Steptoe thread, maybe a merge to that,but if not, a new thread seems fine.

I think it serves him (SC) right since he's always whining about new threads that he consider to be superfluous. Since the "copy-paste Sanford cast members from IMDb" list IS relevant in the sitcom thread, the merge is nothing but his own words thrown back at him. Hah.

Hmm, it must have been quick, I didn't even see that a new thread had been opened up.

Meantime, I have been dwelling a lot on threads. You know, for a British site, there are actually very few general threads for UK notables. Some specific TV series (Blue Peter, Last of The Summer Wine), film (Carry On, A Night To Remember) and a few for character actors, science fiction and sitcom and politicians (though the latter could be from anywhere). Hence for example, (and this is why I have been dwelling on it, having been watching the first season of Grange Hill this week) we get someone like Terry Sue Patt and posters resort to the Dead of 2015 thread.

Compare Hollywood, Broadway, Foreign Personalities etc. Obviously there can be crossovers with the more general threads (e.g. Presenters).

Admittedly, there are a lot of individuals who have their own threads.

I'm not really ranting and heavens we have loads of threads already - could the site benefit from Children's TV, UK Theatre and similar threads?

Or summat?

Hmm, it must have been quick, I didn't even see that a new thread had been opened up.

Meantime, I have been dwelling a lot on threads. You know, for a British site, there are actually very few general threads for UK notables. Some specific TV series (Blue Peter, Last of The Summer Wine), film (Carry On, A Night To Remember) and a few for character actors, science fiction and sitcom and politicians (though the latter could be from anywhere). Hence for example, (and this is why I have been dwelling on it, having been watching the first season of Grange Hill this week) we get someone like Terry Sue Patt and posters resort to the Dead of 2015 thread.

Compare Hollywood, Broadway, Foreign Personalities etc. Obviously there can be crossovers with the more general threads (e.g. Presenters).

I'm not really ranting and heavens we have loads of threads already - could the site benefit from Children's TV, UK Theatre and similar threads?

Or summat?

When Terry Sue Patt died, there wasn't a Grange Hill thread (or at least one that I was aware of) and many of the actors from Grange Hill ended up in shows like Eastenders, The Bill or Casualty, so there would be a lot of crossover posts for those.

• Like 1

Or summat?

When Terry Sue Patt died, there wasn't a Grange Hill thread (or at least one that I was aware of) and many of the actors from Grange Hill ended up in shows like Eastenders, The Bill or Casualty, so there would be a lot of crossover posts for those.

Indeed. There's a "The Bill" thread?

I'll give you another: the girl who played Trisha Yates wasn't really in anything but Grange Hill and Tucker's Luck. If she were to die, where's she going to go? And we had Nigel Terry, esteemed actor this year - on to Dead of 2015 he went. I'm just indicating there are a couple of glaring gaps, but I don't want to open threads up unnecessarily, unless the gang think there's a real call for them.

Or summat?

Indeed. There's a "The Bill" thread?

I'll give you another: the girl who played Trisha Yates wasn't really in anything but Grange Hill and Tucker's Luck. If she were to die, where's she going to go? And we had Nigel Terry, esteemed actor this year - on to Dead of 2015 he went. I'm just indicating there are a couple of glaring gaps, but I don't want to open threads up unnecessarily, unless the gang think there's a real call for them.

There may be, I think I saw one a couple of years ago, but it may have been merged with other threads.

Aha! Found The Bill thread! http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8105&p=110767

Now, we wait for Sue Tully and see where she goes first....

Have you been searching for it all this time?

Sue Tully could go in a number of threads, what with being a director and producer for some episodes of The Bill, also having been in Grange Hill and Eastenders.

Wasn't looking for it, just didn't know it existed. Saw a few series of The Bill, but it lost its appeal for me somewhere along the line. And fond as I am of lists, that's one show I'm not even going to start on ha ha!

I'm still keen on a couple more generic threads though, if the opportunity arises I'll see how it goes down. Up to the gang.

Piss off tosser

SC

I'll give you reason...

This lunchtime I've only been for mega juicy pastrami sandwich at Katz's Deli in NYC. The very restaurant where Meg Ryan had that top fake orgasm in "Where Harry met Sally". That meat was so tender and tasty. Just one hell of an experience that I do believe she was having to do very little in the way of method acting, just savouring the good food. And now to top it had a maple favour yogurt that's still rolling round my taste buds...

I could make a FILTHY remark about eating your meat and yoghurt now, but because you are a gent, I won't :D

• Like 1

Quite. George A. Cooper who was the Grange Hill caretaker also appeared in the above-mentioned A Night To Remember, and according to his DDP entry he was in Doctor Who as well, so where do you stop?

There's no shame in being mentioned in Dead Of (current year). I've said before, I think all notable deaths should be recorded there and the thread would then be a useful round-up of the year and a reference point.

I don't think there's any harm in having threads on various shows, films etc. I think I started the one on ANTR, it was just for discussion as it was interesting to see who was in it. But I don't think people should get too anal about which topic a death should be recorded in. Put em all in Dead Of ... and then chat about them elsewhere if we wish. Wasn't that how it used to go here?

• Like 1

^^All good points, Toast. I don't know the history of the forum, so it may have changed over time; the sub-title of being too lazy to find a thread puts me off posting there if I can possibly avoid it. Plus you can't discuss their death elsewhere if there is nowhere else to discuss it, so the Dead of 2015 becomes cluttered for a while and if another death goes through, it can be lost in the discussion of a previous death.

I'm not intending to start threads if they can be avoided. If there's a place the death can be put in existing threads, I'm all for it. No doubt the point might arise again if there's another similar Terry Sue Patt incident. Given the first couple of series of Grange Hill concentrated on the stories of Benny and Trisha (not Tucker, though he was essential), it seems a pity there is no natural reference point for either (and many others who didn't go on to bigger or more widely known things), whether that be a show thread (which I'm willing to start if you'd prefer) or a more general thread. I'm only using that show as an example.

Also, I'll say again - we have Hollywood and Broadway but no natural repository for UK theatre or British film. Seems odd not to have them.