Sign in to follow this  
paulh85

May I Perchance Rant?

"British Actors" would cover a lot.

the sub-title of being too lazy to find a thread puts me off posting there if I can possibly avoid it.

I have a feeling that's a recent addition. I don't remember it being there when I joined, but then there was never all the bickering over where to post deaths.

Another voice for a British actors thread. I mean, it isn't Hollywood, but still the second-most important western national film scene. Bollywood also has its own thread, after all.

In general, I would only create single-people threads for those who actually have the potential to generate news. Not sure if Charlotte Rae is in that category. Many old people, while valuable for deadpooling, have retreated from the public eye, so a thread for them is not going to create much discussion.

Another voice for a British actors thread. I mean, it isn't Hollywood, but still the second-most important western national film scene. Bollywood also has its own thread, after all.

In general, I would only create single-people threads for those who actually have the potential to generate news. Not sure if Charlotte Rae is in that category. Many old people, while valuable for deadpooling, have retreated from the public eye, so a thread for them is not going to create much discussion.

Except that some 'British' actors are not necessarily British really......... :ph34r: .

Fucking hell, why do people HAVE to tinker with things, the forum aint broke so stop trying to fucking fix it.

• Like 2

I don`t think a British actors thread is necessary.For example I think creating threads for John Hurt Liam Nesson and Ronnie Corbett are ok because they are massive names and worth highlighting for discussion.If the actor is generic or bit part then put them in the nearest thread possible unless they have stage 4 pancreatic cancer or ALS or something equally as deadly and are over 95 then they should get their own thread!

In general, I would only create single-people threads for those who actually have the potential to generate news.

This.

People who are controversial, accident-prone or live dangerously, like Gazza for instance.

I don't think someone like, say, Ronnie Corbett is interesting enough to warrant his own thread.

Cheers for the views. As I recall I didn't mention a specific British actors thread, was thinking of something more general which would include stagey types who have never seen the inside of TV or film studio, and that would include behind the scenes folk (set designers, theatre patrons etc etc), likewise with more general threads you catch a lot of TV producers and directors and the like who make an incredible contribution to our culture.

Anyway, I'll get my usual shoehorn out where I can and leave it for now. Glad it's spurred some discussion.

Cheers for the views. As I recall I didn't mention a specific British actors thread, was thinking of something more general which would include stagey types who have never seen the inside of TV or film studio, and that would include behind the scenes folk (set designers, theatre patrons etc etc), likewise with more general threads you catch a lot of TV producers and directors and the like who make an incredible contribution to our culture.

How about "The Dead Of [year]"

I'm sure there's a character actors thread which would cover a lot of British actors, the mega famous ones would have their own thread anyway.

From what I remember in the best there were two threads for posting deaths in (as opposed to general discussion threads), one for famous folk and one for not quite famous enough types but there was always controversy. I remember there being some debate when I posted Vladimir Tretchikoff's death in the famous thread and other people disagreed about the level of his fame.

Found the character actor thread

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8127&hl= character actors&page=4

• Like 1

No offense, maybe you and some others ponder stuff like that too much and stress yourself over nothing if you know what I mean....

If anything it's better for people like Patt to get mentioned in the main thread. If he only got mentioned in the British character actors thread, many users might not see it cause like me they presume the new post was some doctor who actor and ignored it :)

• Like 2

I am noticing how British a lot of the list is...such as the list being full of "famous people" mostly famous to one region of the world. I was a little irritated at how the Inspector of British Schools is famous?! How is he famous over here across the pond in Canada? He isnt.

I am noticing how British a lot of the list is...such as the list being full of "famous people" mostly famous to one region of the world. I was a little irritated at how the Inspector of British Schools is famous?! How is he famous over here across the pond in Canada? He isnt.

When the forum was thought about, created and made real it was done in the UK.

Im only too pleased that it hasn't been over run by Yanks tbh, most mainstream forums out there are nothing more than additional States of the US of A which never makes outsiders overly welcome or relevant.

However, I love Canada and Canadians so, instead of moaning, create a 'Famous Canadians about to kick the bucket' thread and make a small corner of DL forever Canada.

Joni and Shatner will go top of that list, right?? :D

Neil young, Jim Carey and Pamela Anderson straight in too,,,,, but we already have a Canadians thread...

There is a British actors thread. I linked to it a page back. It's been in use this year and it was started by Anubis who was well liked round here and would be most welcome if he returned.

Ok, so it's labelled British Character Actors but aren't most actors character actors anyway? Surely it would suffice for the likes George A Cooper et al.

• Like 2

Neil young, Jim Carey and Pamela Anderson straight in too,,,,, but we already have a Canadians thread...

True, im too bone idle to check that out.

I dunno wtf they were moaning about then!! :D

True, im too bone idle to check that out.

I dunno wtf they were moaning about then!! :D

:D , probably because it is called "shove off" , racial stereotyping dontchkno.

And how can I forget my own pet project, René Angelil. He better cark it soon.

• Like 1

There is a British actors thread. I linked to it a page back. It's been in use this year and it was started by Anubis who was well liked round here and would be most welcome if he returned.

Ok, so it's labelled British Character Actors but aren't most actors character actors anyway? Surely it would suffice for the likes George A Cooper et al.

Atj, I think, created it more to acknowledge the British actors who were not household names but would hold scenes together and the like.

Its a brilliant thread IMHO because it tends to keep out the 'well known' stars of the stage and screen and lets in all those zillions of jobbing actors that have been in absolutely everything but nobody knows who the fuck they are.

Strangely, the actor Roger Sloman, so long a terrific character actor that was always the bit part player way down the cast list has finally got a PROPER mainstream role in EastEnders.

Ok, EastEnders is a lot shite but he fella deserves a major lead role, he has earned it.

Edit: He is a fackin Aussie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edit again: No he is a Londoner!!

• Like 1

Atj, I think, created it more to acknowledge the British actors who were not household names but would hold scenes together and the like.

Its a brilliant thread IMHO because it tends to keep out the 'well known' stars of the stage and screen and lets in all those zillions of jobbing actors that have been in absolutely everything but nobody knows who the fuck they are.

Strangely, the actor Roger Sloman, so long a terrific character actor that was always the bit part player way down the cast list has finally got a PROPER mainstream role in EastEnders.

Ok, EastEnders is a lot shite but he fella deserves a major lead role, he has earned it.

Edit: He is a fackin Aussie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edit again: No he is a Londoner!!

Fair enough, but some of the names mentioned are quite well known. I love Roger Sloman, brilliant in Nuts in May.

• Like 1

British Character Actors would be a bit like British Sports Personality of the Year.

Having to relativity to either 'character' or 'personality'.

And wasn't one of the 'big wheels' afore my registration , Canadian Paul ?

Think he had a deadpool on the go on extra curricular too...

Guest shitforbrains

Michael J Fox to die for Canada soon.

What the fuck is a 'character' actor anyway? Surely the very nature of being an actor is that you're playing a character? So a 'character actor' is just an actor.

• Like 2

What the fuck is a 'character' actor anyway? Surely the very nature of being an actor is that you're playing a character? So a 'character actor' is just an actor.

Well nobody told Huge Grunt about that one did they?

He still moves and talks like he is riddled with woodworm ( although his cock is obviously not as riddled) so that renders your viewpoint innacurate.

Now fuck off and go and shave the stubble off your chin!!! :D

• Like 1

"Non-lead" actors. Or the person playing 2nd villain who you think is quite good, while the camera spends all its time focusing on someone like Tom Cruise.

• Like 1

"Non-lead" actors. Or the person playing 2nd villain who you think is quite good, while the camera spends all its time focusing on someone like Tom Cruise.

I fucking hate Tom Cruise. He is a massive cunt.

Nah, if you want to piss him off, he's a tiny cunt ..... ;)

• Like 1

Nah, if you want to piss him off, he's a tiny cunt ..... ;)

Wouldn't that be a compliment?