Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Handrejka

Murder On The Orient Express Cast

Recommended Posts

I meant to start this last year after Bacall's death and the 40th anniversary of the film.

 

There aren't many of the cast still with us, thought I'd start a thread to see what is what as I think we'll lose at least one more before the end of 2016.

 

Sean Connery - born 1930 has had throat cancer in the past and is rumoured to have dementia of some sort

Albert Finney - born 1936 , kidney cancer

Michael York - born 1942 amyloidosis

Vanessa Redgrave - born 1937, not aware of any health issues.

Jacqueline Bisset - born 1944, not aware of any health issues

 

I think that's all the main ones who are still with us

 

I knew there was someone else, Vernon Dobtcheff born 1934, still working

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Connery and Finney are proably the most likely to die out of that lot.I know Vanessa Redgrave is a chainsmoker and that she had a bad chest infection several years back but I could easily see her sticking around for a good decade or so yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

York has gotta be first up surely ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news. I really liked him as Hercule Poirot, as I liked the whole movie and the whole cast!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Book said:

Sad news. I really liked him as Hercule Poirot, as I liked the whole movie the the whole cast!

 

I could watch this film and the performances over and over. Finney is quite simply magnificent.

 

Maybe someone needs to do a cast list for the remake, which I haven't seen, but why remake a superb movie?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

I could watch this film and the performances over and over. Finney is quite simply magnificent.

 

Maybe someone needs to do a cast list for the remake, which I haven't seen, but why remake a superb movie?

 

YES, the movie is really stylish and has an atmosphere of its own!

 

The remake is really ok, I can't say anything bad about it (ok, the mustache of Kenneth Branagh was absolutely too much!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I could watch this film and the performances over and over. Finney is quite simply magnificent.

 

Maybe someone needs to do a cast list for the remake, which I haven't seen, but why remake a superb movie?

 

I think that and And Then There Were None are so actor friendly that new adaptations every decade or so are cool. Get to see new folk in the roles. Like how Barry Fitzgerald, Richard Attenborough and Charles Dance all have fun playing the same role.

 

Incidentally, in news for you and Toast, Sarah Phelps is back! The Pale Horse for 2020. Don't all get too excited at once. Apparently she got contracted for 5, so this is the last one. Not going to get her version of a Murder is Announced (the lesbian are axed), Endless Night (the gypsies did it all along) or Crooked House (

Obviously if the killer in Ordeal wasn't realistic she ain't having no 10 year old serial killer

)...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a very young cast (except maybe Judi Dench and Derek Jacobi).

 

2017 Cast:

 

Daisy Ridley (*92)

Derek Jacobi (*38)

Johnny Depp (*63)

Josh Gad (*81)

Judi Dench (*34)

Kenneth Branagh (*60)

Leslie Odom Jr. (*81)

Lucy Boynton (*94)

Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (*81)

Marwan Kenzari (*83)

Michelle Pfeiffer (*58)

Olivia Coleman (*74)

Penélope Cruz (*74)

Sergei Polunin (*89)

Tom Bateman (*89)

Willem Dafoe (*55)

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Such a great loss! I'm really sad. I enjoyed his performances as Hercule Poirot & Tom Jones. And I loved "Two for the road".

He suffered from kidney cancer since 2011. His last years must have been difficult. :(

Perhaps we will see how his former wife Anouk Aimee (born 1932) is doing these days. I hope she's healthy enough to come to his funeral.

 

Bildergebnis für albert finney tom jones

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad News :( A truly great actor with some really indelible performances. The best Poirot by far. Loved The Dresser and Erin Brockovich. He was one of a kind. RIP!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Sad News :( A truly great actor with some really indelible performances. The best Poirot by far. Loved The Dresser and Erin Brockovich. He was one of a kind. RIP!

 

Visually yes, but there is no Poirot like Peter Ustinov!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Book said:

 

Visually yes, but there is no Poirot like Peter Ustinov!

of course ALL actors were unique in their own way. Acting the role of Hercule Poirot is anything bad easy. I like Peter Ustinov's portrayal character in the movies but he's not really Poirot. He's fun to watch but his characterization saw a more playful Poirot. Plus, I don't think that Poirot would have gone gray :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit #4 for me. :o It's been a great hits year, for me, so far. A little over a month and one week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

 Plus, I don't think that Poirot would have gone gray :)

 

Good point! In fact Poirot was very snobbish, haha!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Book said:

It's a very young cast (except maybe Judi Dench and Derek Jacobi).

 

 

I think even Dame Dench and Mr Jacobi would accept at over 80 they were not 'very young'.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grim Up North said:

 

I think even Dame Dench and Mr Jacobi would accept at over 80 they were not 'very young'.

 

I so wish that Brian Blessed clip was on YouTube. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2015 at 23:56, Handrejka said:

I meant to start this last year after Bacall's death and the 40th anniversary of the film.

 

There aren't many of the cast still with us, thought I'd start a thread to see what is what as I think we'll lose at least one more before the end of 2016.

 

Sean Connery - born 1930 has had throat cancer in the past and is rumoured to have dementia of some sort

Albert Finney - born 1936 , kidney cancer

Michael York - born 1942 amyloidosis

Vanessa Redgrave - born 1937, not aware of any health issues.

Jacqueline Bisset - born 1944, not aware of any health issues

 

I think that's all the main ones who are still with us

 

I knew there was someone else, Vernon Dobtcheff born 1934, still working

Bless him, but Michael York looks well-fucked.

0367590.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Book said:

It's a very young cast (except maybe Judi Dench and Derek Jacobi).

 

2017 Cast:

 

Daisy Ridley (*92)

Derek Jacobi (*38)

Johnny Depp (*63)

Josh Gad (*81)

Judi Dench (*34)

Kenneth Branagh (*60)

Leslie Odom Jr. (*81)

Lucy Boynton (*94)

Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (*81)

Marwan Kenzari (*83)

Michelle Pfeiffer (*58)

Olivia Coleman (*74)

Penélope Cruz (*74)

Sergei Polunin (*89)

Tom Bateman (*89)

Willem Dafoe (*55)

I should note that I wouldn't be surprised if Depp went earlier than expected, given that he apparently went off the rails sometime back and was basically drunk through the movie's filming + publicity junkets and all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Albert Finney's death is a sad blow for me. A hit for me on my personal DL, but a sad one nonetheless as I loved his performances especially his Poirot!

murder-on-the-orient-express-albert-finney.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe that Albert Finney never had his own thread! And now never will :(

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No-one?

 

OK then...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Albert Finis.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use