Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

2 hours ago, LWCZ said:

I got bit of a tricky one. I think many people on this site came across this song (which went viral about a year or two ago as "the first rap song").

I'm 101% sure that George McFadden, the bass vocalist of The Jubalaires is long dead (he'd probably be supercentenarian by now if he wasn't). However, unlike the rest of the group, there seems to be no information about him, anywhere (both when he was born and when he passed). I've been trying to find anything on him for the past few weeks, but to no avail.

The only relevant info I have is that after the Jubalaires dissolved, he started performing as "Biggie McFadden" (with The Jubilee Four, with whom he also performed in 1964 Viva Las Vegas; their song "The Climb" has been reportedly produced by Elvis Presley himself), and that he performed at least until 1979 (as a backing vocalist on Ry Cooder's album Bop Till You Drop).

You sure? This newspaper clipping from 1979 refers to that performer as John "Biggie" McFadden, not George.

Edit: And this 1949 clipping refers to him as George "Biggie" McFadden. All rather confusing. Can't find any trace of him after 1979 though, sorry.

18 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

From the comments of the first video:

Thanks! I completely overlooked that

16 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Edit: And this 1949 clipping refers to him as George "Biggie" McFadden. All rather confusing. Can't find any trace of him after 1979 though, sorry.

That's okay. I'm sure he was George McFadden, as he's also referred to as such when he performed with the Kuf-Linx and when he later toured with George Holmes' (or Gaines Steele's) Ink Spots in late 70s. I also have a strong feeling he may have originally been from Pennsylvania, as this site suggests he joined the Jubalaires when they moved from Florida in 1941.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LWCZ said:

Thanks! I completely overlooked that

That's okay. I'm sure he was George McFadden, as he's also referred to as such when he performed with the Kuf-Linx and when he later toured with George Holmes' (or Gaines Steele's) Ink Spots in late 70s. I also have a strong feeling he may have originally been from Pennsylvania, as this site suggests he joined the Jubalaires when they moved from Florida in 1941.

Have you had a look through Ancestry? If not I can check later.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Have you had a look through Ancestry? If not I can check later.

Sadly I haven't. I'd be glad if you would check it, as I used to have access (at least) to MyHeritage records, but I haven't really got time for it lately so I cancelled the subscription last May.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LWCZ said:

Sadly I haven't. I'd be glad if you would check it, as I used to have access (at least) to MyHeritage records, but I haven't really got time for it lately so I cancelled the subscription last May.

Can't find anything on Ancestry owing to the fact that we don't have a rough idea of birth and death years but here's some new info.

He was confirmed alive as late as November 1984 and possibly 1988 when he was touring and performing as a member of The Ink Spots. An earlier article from 1981 noted that he had taken hiatus from the group due to ill health, but it seems he recovered. I reckon he died between the late 80s and mid 90s.

Is Jean McAlevey's father John McAlevey still alive at 101? At first glance I could find no obits.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Is Jean McAlevey's father John McAlevey still alive at 101? At first glance I could find no obits.

Wait a couple of weeks for her obits and see if they end with a "is survived by..."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, drol said:

No idea who Jean McAlevey is, but Jane McAlevey's father is still alive as per this obituary of his second wife from July 2019:

img.thumb.jpeg.3503d6b1b942e0f0b641b8e8391821b3.jpeg

• Haha 1

Was just wondering if anyone could give a more specific date of death for actress Jennifer Hill (IMDb). Last year it was revealed that she had had an brief fling with Sir David Jason in the 60s that resulted in her becoming pregnant and having a daughter, when this was announced at the end of March articles used the present tense to describe her, signifying she was possibly still alive, however Toby Hadoke included her in his in memoriam video in December, signifying she had died by that point. This makes me assume she died some-point between late March and December 2023, however it is possible that she had died earlier than that and the affair revelations only came out because she was dead. It's a common name but we do have a year (1936) and a location of birth (Port Talbot, Wales), anyone have any ideas.

Is Elizabeth Burkhart, daughter of Osage County killer Ernest Burkhart (wiki), still alive at 106?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, drol said:

Is Elizabeth Burkhart, daughter of Osage County killer Ernest Burkhart (wiki), still alive at 106?

Nope, she's dead.

Born as Elizabeth Ernestine Burkhart on 2 October 1918.
Married firstly to Claude Henry Shafer (1918–2007), then to David Alexander Ware (1903–1987).
Died 9 October 2006 (aged 88) as Elizabeth Burkhart Ware.

I doubt there are any second generation links to real life individuals dramatised in Killers of the Flower Moon still living.

• Like 3

On 01/05/2024 at 10:45, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Was just wondering if anyone could give a more specific date of death for actress Jennifer Hill (IMDb). Last year it was revealed that she had had an brief fling with Sir David Jason in the 60s that resulted in her becoming pregnant and having a daughter, when this was announced at the end of March articles used the present tense to describe her, signifying she was possibly still alive, however Toby Hadoke included her in his in memoriam video in December, signifying she had died by that point. This makes me assume she died some-point between late March and December 2023, however it is possible that she had died earlier than that and the affair revelations only came out because she was dead. It's a common name but we do have a year (1936) and a location of birth (Port Talbot, Wales), anyone have any ideas.

I know this is probably of no help at all but her middle initial was E. as per her birth record here. I also had a search through the British Newspaper Archives. I no longer have a subscription so I can only see previews. There's an article on there about Hill and her parents. Her father was a senior NCO but I can't see the full article so can't get anymore personal details.

Her daughter, Abi Harris was born in 1970. Question is was her mother having an affair when she was born? If so you could go into FreeBMD, punch Abigail in as a first name born in 1970. Then you could look at the column where it has the mother's maiden surname "Hill"... there are just 3 results:

DAVISON  Abigail Helen  HILL  Hammersmith
SMITH  Abigail Catherine M  HILL  Portsmouth
HENLEY  Abigail Jane  HILL  Surrey N

If you can crack what Jennifer Hill's married name was via her daughter's birth record (assuming she was married ofc), you can track her movements afterwards. Then @Master Obit may be feeling generous enough to have a look in the GRO.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I know this is probably of no help at all but her middle initial was E. as per her birth record here. I also had a search through the British Newspaper Archives. I no longer have a subscription so I can only see previews. There's an article on there about Hill and her parents. Her father was a senior NCO but I can't see the full article so can't get anymore personal details.

Her daughter, Abi Harris was born in 1970. Question is was her mother having an affair when she was born? If so you could go into FreeBMD, punch Abigail in as a first name born in 1970. Then you could look at the column where it has the mother's maiden surname "Hill"... there are just 3 results:

DAVISON  Abigail Helen  HILL  Hammersmith
SMITH  Abigail Catherine M  HILL  Portsmouth
HENLEY  Abigail Jane  HILL  Surrey N

If you can crack what Jennifer Hill's married name was via her daughter's birth record (assuming she was married ofc), you can track her movements afterwards. Then @Master Obit may be feeling generous enough to have a look in the GRO.

A Jennifer Enfys Davison died in Q3/2023. Enfys is distinctly Welsh, so I'm going to say it's a fair punt especially when you consider that a Jennifer E Hill married a Geoffrey Davison in Q1/1970.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

A Jennifer Enfys Davison died in Q3/2023. Enfys is distinctly Welsh, so I'm going to say it's a fair punt especially when you consider that a Jennifer E Hill married a Geoffrey Davison in Q1/1970.

You're a star! 

@Commtech Sio Bibble, this would also suggest the news reports from March 2023 referring to her in the present tense were indeed accurate if she died in Jul–Sep later that year.

• Like 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

You're a star! 

@Commtech Sio Bibble, this would also suggest the news reports from March 2023 referring to her in the present tense were indeed accurate if she died in Jul–Sep later that year.

To be honest, you did more of the heavy lifting here by supplying the possible names!

• Like 1

@Ulitzer95 In the magazine I just posted there are two other names for which I am not very sure?

Richard Lester and Robert M. Knight, are they supposed to be these/these people, although it is impossible to think that it is the director with the same name!

On 04/05/2024 at 13:43, Gisooo said:

@Ulitzer95 In the magazine I just posted there are two other names for which I am not very sure?

Richard Lester and Robert M. Knight, are they supposed to be these/these people, although it is impossible to think that it is the director with the same name!

That is 100% NOT Robert M. Knight the rock photographer. Post from his Instagram of him out with friends in March. The Robert M. Knight who died in November 2023 must just be a minor actor.

I'll investigate Richard Lester and report back if I find anything. That would be a huge off radar death, though I know Lester always shunned his own industry and had barely been active since the 1990s.

On 04/05/2024 at 13:43, Gisooo said:

32 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That is 100% NOT Robert M. Knight the rock photographer. Post from his Instagram of him out with friends in March. The Robert M. Knight who died in November 2023 must just be a minor actor.

I'll investigate Richard Lester and report back if I find anything. That would be a huge off radar death, though I know Lester always shunned his own industry and had barely been active since the 1990s.

This Richard Lester? https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/richard-lester-obituary?id=53338929

Incredibly, this does seem to be this guy https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3233652/ same reference to Blue Heron Productions, but the dates of birth and death are all different. Typical.

• Thanks 1

On 05/04/2021 at 00:47, Ulitzer95 said:

Jeannie Epper – Still performing stunts in 2015. Lives in Agoura Hills, California as of 2021.

Jeannie Epper reportedly dead at 83.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LWCZ said:

Jeannie Epper reportedly dead at 83.

Ninjaed because it took too long to cut that quote down on a phone. but thank you for posting.

• Like 1

Delete

• Thanks 2

The GRO index is having maintenance this weekend - maybe it be updated. 

That's Pat Boone's wife  who died on jan 11 2019 unless your saying there the same person

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1821001/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

A very big apology to everyone as I messed up badly. Heck, they were both born in 1934, only the actress has two N's, (Bonne) while Pat's wife has two O's (Boone) and I didn't see it that well.  I wrote to the Glamor Girls to change it as they may have been confused.  She is still alive

• Like 2

Back when I was a lad and YouTube was barely a thing, one video I have fond memories of is the French TGV speed record attempt that took place in 2007. It was a video that fascinated me then and still does today. I decided to watch it again the other day, this time to figure out more about the 3 crew members, other personnel involved and their current whereabouts. 

Found out in a French article that the lead driver and engineer (center of this photo) is SNCF driver Eric Pieczac, who was born in July 1960 and would be 63 now. Next to Pieczac on the left of the photo is SNCF traction engineer Georges Pinquie (around 70 assuming his age in this article is correct) who has since retired. Pieczac and Pinquie are definitely alive and well, both men attending mainly the "SNCF Patrimoine" (basically French railway heritage) events. The man on the right of the photo wearing glasses is SNCF traction supervisor Claude Maro who I would reckon is in his 70s as well especially as he apparently was there during the 1990 TGV world record attempt, I've found absolutely no information on Maro asides from that. Assuming he's alive as I don't think the French media would miss if one of their TGV record personnel died.

Additionally the other two crew members in the 1990 record attempt are Michel Massinon who died in 2015 at the age of 69, and Daniel Vigneau who I haven't found any info on. The at the time Minister of Transport Michel Delebarre was on board the train for that attempt as well, he died in 2022.

There was also an Aerospatiale Corvette jet that chased and monitored the train, shot a lot of the video footage actually. Couldn't find who the pilot was.

If any French DLer here has more info or can find any more leads, let me know.