themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2016

Guest I D I O T

Yes. Both sides have to confirm his death for the points to be won.

• Like 1

Yes. Both sides have to confirm his death for the points to be won.

A little odd. The terrorists are hardly going to turn round and go "Yo Murica, that important terrorist guy of ours you thought you murdered last night, well he's still breathing." Surely the terrorists have an incentive to confirm their dead, regardless of the facts?

Delpech will get hid obit, but for the moment I'll pass on this as it has been pointed out, it's a brief letter, not an article written by a journalist. That his name has been mentioned suggests that one will be probably be picked up.

Right, some news...

The database is complete, the only issue is once I get the deaths in and generate the pages, I'll see where there's any problems (the dreaded BOF!)

I shall make TWO updates, one tonight, one on Monday (and thus make a subtle tribute to the great man Bowie, who I can confirm was a miss). The first will give the opening hits dated until January 9th and of course publish the teams. The second will publish the Drop 40 and the Theme Team League standings.

Now, can anyone help me by listing the possible (an in most cases definite hits) hits that we have had so far?

There has been so many deaths in the first two weeks, I've found it difficult to keep track of them all. Some of course will be misses. Some not even picked. Yes there's wikipedia to help me, but that doesn't include every one that's a hit.

So, fire away...

Right, going to reopen this barrel of worms (frogs legs?) again.... if QOs include, and I quote, "those on the death announcements section of broadsheet websites", then the fact that an obituary is created from a letter should have no bearing on whether it is a QO or not. Under the rules of the DDP, if not the spirit, this counts as a Delpech obituary.

If Death Announcements were banned from being QOs (a move I would welcome), then I wouldn't be arguing this. But as it stands...

To be honest, I'd also welcome the removal of The Guardian's "Other Lives" section as a QO source. But for 2016, I think I have an argument. And what better way to pay tribute to Delpech's fellow 2016 corpse Harper Lee than to argue this?

Thought there was already a ruling on Delpech - we await a further source, plenty of year to go.

I did notice that when I disclosed a death notice in the Telegraph for Tom Pugh, it wasn't automatically accepted by TMIB - indeed, The Times came to the rescue in the next couple of days. I'm not sure death notices are automatically being accepted either.

I have already 4/20. (Pat Harrington Jr, Rene Angelil, Eric Lubbock, Martin Crowe)

I believe that Feek, Marks will be also hits.

Others ... I don't know. History shows that I get 3/20 or 7/20 hits per year. I have already over 3... so I will have 7 hits probably.

So last time I did this - Feek died on the same day.

So today it seems, that ...

90% chance to die in 2016 - Ford

75% chance to die in 2016 - Marks, Granger, Kohl

50% chance to die in 2016 - Adamowicz, Travis, James, Carter, Gabor

25% chance to die in 2016 - Farnham, Westhuizen, Ali

5% chance to die in 2016 - Cruyff, Romero, Fawkes

My math says that I will get more hits this year.

I went to check "F" to see who picked Rob Ford and all I got was a virtually blank page! Dunno what happened there, I'm sure it'll be alright for the next update...

What's up with it? Has it been hacked by the powers that be in Toronto?

What's up with it? Has it been hacked by the powers that be in Toronto?

Still down, looks like nobody gives a F***

1. Where is the link to historical names of DDP picks -- I ask cuz I can't figure out how people here know who should make the List of the Missed.

2. 'Days with no deaths' and Milestones (certainly we've passed 1600-1700-1800) update that shit. :-?

SirC

1. Where is the link to historical names of DDP picks -- I ask cuz I can't figure out how people here know who should make the List of the Missed.

2. 'Days with no deaths' and Milestones (certainly we've passed 1600-1700-1800) update that shit. :-?

SirC

DDP Archive, available on homepage.

The full list of teams aren't available from before 2003 for some reason.

Latest update. Still a problem with "F" and I can't fathom why...

Latest update. Still a problem with "F" and I can't fathom why...

You really should look at getting a new pet name for your missus.

You've put Hines death notice in his bio but missed him off the round-up. Unique for Ain't It Grand To Be Blooming Well Dead.

You've put Hines death notice in his bio but missed him off the round-up. Unique for Ain't It Grand To Be Blooming Well Dead.

It was there when I saw the round-up at half nine, and is still there.

It was there when I saw the round-up at half nine, and is still there.

Realised the issue, for some reason I can only see the 14th March issue, possibly viewing a cached version of the site for some bizarre reason. Whose Dead So Far? Goes up to yesterday.

f5, f5!

• Like 1

f5, f5!

I would question, why, in the year 2016 the onus is on me to inform you that I'm visiting the website for a new session. No other website I appear seems to be incapable of detecting fresh connections, and I've certainly never had to manually refresh a website using F5 on a new visit before?

SirC

Sorry but maybe it's my browser -- when I clicked on Archives (long before posting the aforementioned post) it took me to an error message (see below). I assumed it was void of content.

SC

"

The webpage cannot be found HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
What you can try: Retype the address. Go back to the previous page.Go back to the previous page. Go to the main site and look for the information you want. More information

SirC

Sorry but maybe it's my browser -- when I clicked on Archives (long before posting the aforementioned post) it took me to an error message (see below). I assumed it was void of content.

SC

"

The webpage cannot be found HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
What you can try: Retype the address. Go back to the previous page.Go back to the previous page. Go to the main site and look for the information you want. More information

The link called "DDP Archive" hasn't worked for as long as I've been in the DDP. However, below it...

DDP stats & facts DDP Archive Previous winners 2014

David Quantick's Showbiz Pals 2013

David Quantick's Showbiz Pals 2012

The Living End 2011

The Living End 2010

Octopus of Odstock 2009

Tonight, Matthew, I'm Going To Be Badly-Torn Boy

This bit.

Well, the years are links to the DDP year in question. Where you can see the scoreboard, celebrities picked, who died, who picked who, those who died and didn't get obits (which is usually a list of the fucking obscure as hell), and the list of those who had been picked in previous years but not in the year of their death. Some of the early years had Inane Analysis and Insane Analysis, but those have been discontinued, probably as they'd take forever to do, and back in those days only about a dozen people and a dog took part, not 500 plus teams. The teams aren't available from 1996-2002 as I presume that was before the website existed.

Thought there was already a ruling on Delpech - we await a further source, plenty of year to go.

I did notice that when I disclosed a death notice in the Telegraph for Tom Pugh, it wasn't automatically accepted by TMIB - indeed, The Times came to the rescue in the next couple of days. I'm not sure death notices are automatically being accepted either.

Oh my DP league I run is bitching and moaning (not necessarily in that order) about what is 'celebrity' and/or a 'QO'. So I'm doing some research for next year and came across the rule below I like quite a lot. I like the word 'DEDICATED' obit, it takes the mish mash outta this Delpech et.al nonsense buried in Rickman's obit. Sorry, that's Rickman's obit.....no one else's. You don't get a DEDICATED obit you don't score. I'm definitely advancing this idea into my DP for next year and suggest we do the same here.

SC

----------

"WE REQUIRE A PUBLISHED OBITUARY FOR A CELEBRITY PICK TO COUNT AS A HIT. All qualified picks submitted will be accepted, but if you want them to "Score" a Hit, they'll need their own dedicated obituary article page (NOT part of a multiple Obit "Round-Up" page) on at least ONE of the following sites...."