Sign in to follow this  
charon

Saint V Greavsie

who will go first ?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think they'll both go this year, and since Greavsie has been awfy quiet since crimbo, he's my choice.

I think Saint will be a saint before too long.

Saint. Cause I have him in the Deathrace and I'm an optimist.

Saint, since he apparently has a nasty form of cancer which spread, whereas Greaves is just poorly after a stroke (and therefore might linger on for years in a diminished capacity).

Saint, since he apparently has a nasty form of cancer which spread, whereas Greaves is just poorly after a stroke (and therefore might linger on for years in a diminished capacity).

Ariel Sharon lasted for years after his stroke.

Saint with Greavesie to make his last-ever public appearance at the funeral before dying four months later. The "in-memoriam" round-ups for the year can then use just one clip for the pair.

http://jimmygreaves.net/news/

Well Greaves has a benefit in 6 weeks time and they 'hope' he will make an appearance.

Given that he's skinto , I think he's fucked.

Against that, there hasn't been much on saint since he hit the chemo @ sept.

I reckon they will go on the same day, but as I can't vote for that I went for Jimmy Greaves

According to the wireless, the Mirror got a Greaves interview today, basically it's that he'll never walk alone again.

Doesn't mean much long term I suppose..

Ian St John pic from about two weeks ago:

Cn4ApWPXEAA1voa.jpg

Not really close enough for us to make a judgement on his health, but he's still on his feet.

• Like 1

Interview with Saint here, a look back at when Donald Trump did the Rumbelows Cup draw back in 1991. Nothing on Saint's health, but a telling section at the end on Greavsie:

St John lets out another of his infectious chuckles, but his mood becomes instantly sombre when he speaks about how Greaves remains “very ill” following the severe stroke the 76-year-old suffered in May and how the pair, once so close, on and off screen, have not be in each other’s company for longer than he’d care to remember. “I’ve offered to go down and see him but been told it’s not worth it as he wouldn’t know I’m there, or if he did, he wouldn’t be able to say much to me,” St John adds with an unmistakable sadness in his voice. “I think about Jimmy all the time and just pray he gets better.”
And what does St John think Greaves, the winner of 57 England caps and regarded as being one of the finest finishers of his generation, makes of Trump’s presidential campaign? “Well, if we were still doing the show he’d probably try and get him on!” the Scot replies with another of those chuckles. “And if that wasn’t possible we could have a special section called: ‘What daft thing has Jimmy’s old mate Donald said now!’”

Has Saint talked about his cancer since April, when he was on a chemo-break, sans bladder or prostate,and his doctor was hoping for get him on a new trial drug.

He's got Stage IV bladder cancer (so 10% and lower survival rate over 5 years), and his cancer was diagnosed in 2012. It spread at least three years ago. He seems like he's going on and on, and Greaves is in worse shape, but every Deathlist precedent and bit of history says 2016 will be his last Christmas.

Looks like Greavsie is a keeper for next year.

Interview there with Saint re the upcoming Auld Enemy game.

No mention of health and he sounded very chipper.

Ended with 'good luck at the game today' so he's well enough to go to the Liverpool game this afternoon.

It's like saying cancer vs strokes. I think cancer will win.

Not an update as such...

With the imperialist election on, 5 live played a clip from Saint and Greavsie from 25 years ago, when they held the draw for the Rumbelows Cup, with Donald Trump doing the draw.

They all could be fucked afore the end of the year.

Well, obviously the Saint went to "heaven" first.

Greavsie indestructible.