Guest Guest

I understand your reason for transferring my post to the animal thread but you have to understand that to me Frank was more than just an animal. He was like a member of my family. I live alone since my acrimonius divorce with my m oney grabbing wife . She took custody of our dog Bruno so I was left with Frank, and he comforted me as I adjusted to life on my own (and getting used to losing a large part of my financial portfolio).It may sound daft to most people but Frank helped me get over the trauma of being totyally fucked over by someone I once loved.sO to me Frank was almost human .Is there no-one who has been in my situation?

I understand your reason for transferring my post to the animal thread but you have to understand that to me Frank was more than just an animal. He was like a member of my family. I live alone since my acrimonius divorce with my m oney grabbing wife . She took custody of our dog Bruno so I was left with Frank, and he comforted me as I adjusted to life on my own (and getting used to losing a large part of my financial portfolio).It may sound daft to most people but Frank helped me get over the trauma of being totyally fucked over by someone I once loved.sO to me Frank was almost human .Is there no-one who has been in my situation?

Frank? Bruno? Move it to the boxing thread!

You're Richard Gere, aren't you?

• Like 3

Guest Guest

Just thought you might like to know that I have bought a new pet to replace Frank .He's a brown rat I've decided to name Jeremy. Guess who I named him after

I might, I might not. I'll let you guess which.

Approx 13.7 MILLION bees have gone to that great hive in the sky after a truck carrying 458 hives rolls over in Washington state, creating a "beenado (tornado of bees), which frankly sounds awesome.

Ain't done the math but that seems an awful lot of bees per hive. Does it to anyone else?

SirC

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/news/articles/animals/millions-of-bees-dead-after-truck-rollover-in-washington/49572/

Approx 13.7 MILLION bees have gone to that great hive in the sky after a truck carrying 458 hives rolls over in Washington state, creating a "beenado (tornado of bees), which frankly sounds awesome.

Ain't done the math but that seems an awful lot of bees per hive. Does it to anyone else?

SirC

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/news/articles/animals/millions-of-bees-dead-after-truck-rollover-in-washington/49572/

Works out to about 30000 bees per hive, which, according to google, falls within the typical hive population of 20,000 to 60,000, depending on the time of year.

SirChttp://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/news/articles/animals/millions-of-bees-dead-after-truck-rollover-in-washington/49572/

Works out to about 30000 bees per hive, which, according to google, falls within the typical hive population of 20,000 to 60,000, depending on the time of year.

Wow had no idea. Kinda sad really given the recent concern over honey bee populations. I've just started seeing a few in my clovers that I rarely saw the past 4-5 years before.

SC

I'm amazed that the U.S. Feds in the Dept of Agriculture could allow the above scenario to be allowed to happen.

And then to top that off, with firemen aiming to kill the remaining bees "for safety" is a criminal act in its self. Who took that decision? Who allowed that decision to be made?

NO, NO, NO. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

THAT PERSON or PERSONS NEED TO JAILED FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

For me it must be the number 1 concern to have a 500 new hives built and distributed to the affected area within the next 24 hours to try and rebuild what ever can salvaged from this mess.

• Like 2

2000 snow geese (about 20% of those that migrate through eastern Idaho) rained down upon eastern Idaho in a flight of death. Attributed to avian cholera.

SC

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/17/snow-geese-dead-idaho/24898081/

Well..... they do bathe in their own shit don't they. :rolleyes:

A golden retriever belonging to the family of a former Premier League footballer died of heatstroke after being left inside a hair-drying cabinet at a dog grooming parlour.

Charlie, a healthy six-year-old owned by ex-Liverpool defender Daniel Agger and his wife Sofie, had been inside the dryer for 15 minutes when he started pawing at the door.

Upon opening the dryer 10 minutes later, the parlour owner exclaimed, "hot dog!"

SC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3141062/WAG-s-dog-dies-spending-long-dryer-pet-parlour.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

An outpouring of flower tributes, canned tuna and visitors have filled a Japanese train station after a beloved railway employee – a cat called Tama – died.

The 16-year-old former stray turned station master was made a railway official eight years ago, and was credited for saving the Wakayama Electric Railway company's finances because her popularity brought thousands of tourists, the BBC reports.

SC

http://www.3news.co.nz/world/cat-credited-for-saving-railway-company-dies-2015062915#axzz3eR1H9yne