Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Former Tory MP and minister Cecil Parkinson reportedly dead, confirmed by family. https://twitter.com/PA/status/691631489239379968

News reports to follow when I get them.

Edit: BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35403445

I have to confess to feeling slightly sorry for Cecil.Not because of his actions ,which were abysmal but when you look at the fact that his career was ruined for having consensual sex with a grown woman when many of his counterparts in the limelight (Jimmy Savile etc) were shagging kids and getting away with it all their lives I can`t help but think his indiscretions seem minimal.I do feel sorry for his illegitimate daughter far more than him but apparently his wife gave him an ultimatum:Her or the love child.So he was a condemned man whatever he did.Not excusing him at all though he brought upon his own downfall.Just seems slightly ironic with hindsight that he was vilified when others did a hell of a lot worse.
The tories were often ones that would preach family values, so it was hypocritical that Parkinson was having an affair with his secretary. Not only that, it's am abuse of his position as her boss.

On the first count absolutely.Especially when you consider some of his party election broadcasts which referred to such values.On the second count though although he was in a position of power Sara Keys was in her 30`s so was more than capable of fully consenting to the affair.It takes two to tango in such a situation.He was still awful to her and their daughter though don`t get me wrong he was still a shit.
True. She needs to hold some responsibility although very few cases of sexual harassment cases during that time would have been taken seriously. It would have been a case of a leading Cabinet Minister's word to that of a silly secretary.

Former Tory MP and minister Cecil Parkinson reportedly dead, confirmed by family. https://twitter.com/PA/status/691631489239379968

I have to confess to feeling slightly sorry for Cecil.Not because of his actions ,which were abysmal but when you look at the fact that his career was ruined for having consensual sex with a grown woman when many of his counterparts in the limelight (Jimmy Savile etc) were shagging kids and getting away with it all their lives I can`t help but think his indiscretions seem minimal.I do feel sorry for his illegitimate daughter far more than him but apparently his wife gave him an ultimatum:Her or the love child.So he was a condemned man whatever he did.Not excusing him at all though he brought upon his own downfall.Just seems slightly ironic with hindsight that he was vilified when others did a hell of a lot worse.
The tories were often ones that would preach family values, so it was hypocritical that Parkinson was having an affair with his secretary. Not only that, it's am abuse of his position as her boss.

On the first count absolutely.Especially when you consider some of his party election broadcasts which referred to such values.On the second count though although he was in a position of power Sara Keys was in her 30`s so was more than capable of fully consenting to the affair.It takes two to tango in such a situation.He was still awful to her and their daughter though don`t get me wrong he was still a shit.
True. She needs to hold some responsibility although very few cases of sexual harassment cases during that time would have been taken seriously. It would have been a case of a leading Cabinet Minister's word to that of a silly secretary.

True true.I cant help but think though that if that were the case she would have outed him for it .Then again I would think if that were the case she would have probably kept quiet for the daughters sake.In her interviews though Keys has always come across as someone who merely fell in love with Parkinson so I reckon he was just stringing her along as opposed to abusing her.All of course speculation though.

True true.I cant help but think though that if that were the case she would have outed him for it .Then again I would think if that were the case she would have probably kept quiet for the daughters sake.In her interviews though Keys has always come across as someone who merely fell in love with Parkinson so I reckon he was just stringing her along as opposed to abusing her.All of course speculation though.

From what I've read about it was that he promised to leave his wife for her. When she got pregnant, he changed his tune offering her hush money and even offered to pay for an abortion. That's when it all hit the fan

Hein, you think it's unusual to name an egg cup holder?

Really?

I've even got a name for my margarine...

• Like 1

I cannot agree. I have no sympathy. Politically, personally and professionally Parkinson was an utter, utter hypocrite. His personal life story is already rehearsed here. So I'll go on his record.

I lived through those days and he colluded with Tebbit and Thatcher in everything they did, including all the whitewashing of the establishment, social division, preaching to the masses to do one thing while they did another, etc which is still with us today. Their legacy is a fucked up economy, a fucked up education system and a fucked up political elite on both sides.

Now they sell off Royal Mail, intend putting more guns in the hands of the police, want to abolish human rights, withdraw from international conventions WHICH THIS COUNTRY'S LAWYERS WROTE in the first place, have more people working for less money and if they can get away with it have them working for no money (e.g. it's no coincidence that all the fat cats got fatter off the Olympic and Commonwealth games while the people were encouraged to work for them policing the spectators for zero money and calling them 'gamesmakers' instead of 'slaves').

Parkinson's dead and I'm content I lived to see the day he died. Tebbit next, etc etc.

• Like 4

From what I've read about it was that he promised to leave his wife for her. When she got pregnant, he changed his tune offering her hush money and even offered to pay for an abortion. That's when it all hit the fan

Sounds the cliché line of a philanderer to me so sounds about right. Well I got my DDP points for him which is the main thing :P

• Like 4

Congrats Shaun!

Just one more thing to perhaps take away anyone's perception of sympathy for Parkinson and his type (was going to post this earlier, but, hey ho).

I watched all the Tory tributes today on the TV. Glowing. Think it was Rifkind of all people who said if Parkinson had done now what he did then, no-one would have batted an eyelid. A sad indictment on his legacy and the attitudes of this country that they believe they created and left when he took up his Baronetcy.

Contrast the tributes we heard today with the evasive and dismissive attitude that Shapps, Rifkind etc had toward the death of Elliott Johnson at the hands of one of their Tory bully boys. Then tell me you have any sympathy for these people and their ilk.

Promise to stop now. Forgive me. I'm just so darned angry.

• Like 1

Parkinson was a shitpot, the fact that Savile was a bigger shitpot in sexual predation terms doesn't absolve Parkinson in any way. Sorry, I'm with Willz, I simply cannot rustle up anything approaching sympathy :S.

Edit to add: I hear you Shaun really i do, but he wasn't just Joe Blow the plumber, he had the audacitiy to sit in high office and pontificate about how others should behave.....

Edited by En Passant

Waymond Cecil "Sonny" Huggins of LaFayette, Ga. passed away Friday, January 22, 2016. He was 88.

In 1983, Sonny was elected and served in the State Senate as a Senator from District 53; he served in that capacity for eight terms and represented Walker, Chattooga, and Dade Counties and a portion of Whitfield County.

SC

http://m.northwestgeorgianews.com/catwalkchatt/news/funeral-for-former-state-senator-sonny-huggins-is-tuesday-jan/article_a1dc6f06-c2ad-11e5-8424-13f0c1122c90.html?mode=jqm

Hein, you think it's unusual to name an egg cup holder?

Really?

I've even got a name for my margarine...

Yes, I really think it's unusual to name an egg cup holder. I admit that I know only a few dozen of owners of egg holders, but this is the first named egg holder I heard of.

I don´t use margarine, but if I did, I´d call it margarine, or more traditionally (but incorrectly) boter.

I think it's also worth pointing out that often in a situation like that, a woman saying "no" to her boss' sexual overtures means she quickly loses her job. Some pretext for her termination will be found in short order. I'm not saying that was the case here, but it happens so often that it's worth bearing in mind. *shrug*

Parkinson was a shitpot, the fact that Savile was a bigger shitpot in sexual predation terms doesn't absolve Parkinson in any way. Sorry, I'm with Willz, I simply cannot rustle up anything approaching sympathy :S.

Edit to add: I hear you Shaun really i do, but he wasn't just Joe Blow the plumber, he had the audacitiy to sit in high office and pontificate about how others should behave.....

I haven`t found anything suggesting Parkinson was a predator only that he wasn`t good at keeping his dick in his trousers .My point wasn`t that he was a lovely man he was indeed a shit pot for the way he abandoned his daughter and cheated on his wife, my point is that it is ironic that he got vilified and paid a high price when he never broke the law unlike many others in the 1980`s who did.I said I feel a tiny bit of sympathy for him on that basis but only in terms of the irony. He indeed should have kept it in his pants or at the very least used a Johnny.If he had been in his twenties and did it before he was in public office you could put it down to naivety but he was 52 and a senior national politician he must have known what was at stake.

Nah, he was a cunt, sorry.

A cunt who not only abandoned his disabled daughter, but used the law to protect himself over her, in a tawdry attempt to stay relevant in high political office.

I don't care how many affairs he had, if its between consenting adults, who gives a toss.

• Like 4

Guest Droosy

A cunt who not only abandoned his disabled daughter, but used the law to protect himself over her, in a tawdry attempt to stay relevant in high political office.

I don't care how many affairs he had, if its between consenting adults, who gives a toss.

and he was a Tory to boot!!!

Aren't they all.....

Heartily agree with the first sentence - had the misfortune of seeing him in action with a young waitress - thankfully my boss at the time intervened on her behalf. Nasty cockjockey.

The former President of El Salvador Francisco Flores Perez is now declared brain dead. In December, he was ordered to stand trial for diverting money. He is 56 years old.

Ooh, a much more modern approach to the Demjanjuk gambit.

I was expecting news of that sort given how few posts he'd made since new year.

http://ericavebury.blogspot.co.uk/:Eric Lubbock`s family are now arranging for him to be given palliative care at home after complications from renal surgery. :pop::skull:

Aww! He sounds like a nice bloke with a great sense of humour.

"I have an appointment scheduled with Professor H at Guy's on Monday Jan 18 at 14.45., and we also have Dyno-Rod coming in the morning - similar problem."

• Like 2

Well if Lubbock does go real soon I might have a better score in the Deathrace before the competition ends.

Djoko Susilo, politician and former Indonesian ambassador to Switzerland, passed away on Tuesday after he suffered a heart attack while on his way to a colleague’s house in Ciganjur, South Jakarta. He was 54.

SC

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2016/01/27/former-ambassador-djoko-dies-54.html

Is the debate on mandatory euthanasia after a certain age? Cos she's the best argument for it.

Braindead fucking bint.