Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Big personal 'miss', had her written down but heard nothing good or bad, presumed it was in remission. I suck.

Some reason I don't find her posted herein but I'm almost certain I did last year. Oh well.

Longtime Nevada state Sen. Debbie Smith died Sunday, a year after doctors started treating her for a malignant brain tumor. She was 60.

SC

http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2016/feb/21/nevada-state-sen-debbie-smith-dies-at-60/

Edit: from almost exactly a year ago:

http://carsonnow.org/xfeed/02/03/2015/state-sen-debbie-smith-diagnosed-brain-tumor-surgery-planned

Unlike Spade Cooley and a few others I don't keep info to myself so I'm surprised it didn't make it here.

Further edit: that wasn't meant to sound like an indictment; merely a matter of fact. Alls fair, I say...

I'd guess around 90% plus of the major DDP hits are mentioned on this forum before the year they die. I did some research last year after I realised how much my game sucked, and found I was missing "slam dunks", as you'd put it, because I wasn't paying attention to the basketball thread, for example, or because they were in, say, the Ideas and Possibilities thread for two or three years previously.

There is a minority of picks which people keep hidden because they're hoping for the 3 points a unique pick will bring, which is understandable given the margins at the top. Though I'm of the opinion the unique bonus is somewhat overated, as people tend to be unique because they're not ill, unless you have deadpooling sniffer dog skills like DDT or Spade, and even then, they've got a combined 2/40 unique picks this year. Instead of trying to think about uniques this year, I just went for seriously ill folk, and consequently look like having my most successful year ever.

I'd guess around 90% plus of the major DDP hits are mentioned on this forum before the year they die. I did some research last year after I realised how much my game sucked, and found I was missing "slam dunks", as you'd put it, because I wasn't paying attention to the basketball thread, for example, or because they were in, say, the Ideas and Possibilities thread for two or three years previously.

There is a minority of picks which people keep hidden because they're hoping for the 3 points a unique pick will bring, which is understandable given the margins at the top. Though I'm of the opinion the unique bonus is somewhat overated, as people tend to be unique because they're not ill, unless you have deadpooling sniffer dog skills like DDT or Spade, and even then, they've got a combined 2/40 unique picks this year. Instead of trying to think about uniques this year, I just went for seriously ill folk, and consequently look like having my most successful year ever.

I find MUCH more glory chest thumping saying *first* about mentioning a person in these threads than a couple DDP points, but it's all good. Guess that's why I am prolific at posting. To be fair there are a couple names I may hold onto (eg I never mentioned Sharon Rockefeller, though she's overrated lol, but on all my teams this year). But I discovered her in the December doldrums and I think it's fair to suggest a lot less sharing goes on that twelfth month.

SC

Senator Clair McCaskill and Senator Claire McCaskill both have breast cancer; what are the odds on that happening? duck.gif

• Like 1

Senator Clair McCaskill and Senator Claire McCaskill both have breast cancer; what are the odds on that happening? duck.gif

Synchronicity is crazy but it's well documented Clair is a right cunt so probably less sympathy.

SC

Edit: since mine is accurate I say we go with IT and delete the previously posted but erroneous one.

OK here it is.

A list Privy Council Members who were appointed before 1980. Originally I was going to take this back 30 years but there were just too many of them.

There are 39 in total including 2 women. Many of these have already been discussed previously but there are some commonwealth appointments who are new to me. Be warned one of them doesn't even qualify for his own Wiki page so obits are not guaranteed. I have listed them with their names but on Wiki they are listed under their titles which is why this list is not strictly alphabetical.

*snip*

• Peter Kenilorea

*snip*

What do you mean you have fallen asleep.

I intend to get myself onto the Privy Council so I can live forever just like this lot.

Sir Peter Kenilorea dead at 72. http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/297476/solomons-first-pm-sir-peter-kenilorea-dies

Solomon Islands first PM.

• Like 1

OK here it is.

A list Privy Council Members who were appointed before 1980. Originally I was going to take this back 30 years but there were just too many of them.

There are 39 in total including 2 women. Many of these have already been discussed previously but there are some commonwealth appointments who are new to me. Be warned one of them doesn't even qualify for his own Wiki page so obits are not guaranteed. I have listed them with their names but on Wiki they are listed under their titles which is why this list is not strictly alphabetical.

*snip*

• Peter Kenilorea

*snip*

What do you mean you have fallen asleep.

I intend to get myself onto the Privy Council so I can live forever just like this lot.

Sir Peter Kenilorea dead at 72. http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/297476/solomons-first-pm-sir-peter-kenilorea-dies

Solomon Islands first PM.

Interesting that no cause of death given....we are not even given that 'no cause of death was given'.

SC

this gug is fucked and will definitely die soon probably within the next week.

How about I kill him off by penciling him in on my list?

just support him by buying his CDs.

How about I kill him off by penciling him in on my list?

just support him by buying his CDs.

Oooh, now you're talking. Novelty albums!

Pencil him in for your team in 2019. Just like Zsa Zsa and religious leaders Royalty have a way of turning weeks to live into years.

Pencil him in for your team in 2019. Just like Zsa Zsa and religious leaders Royalty have a way of turning weeks to live into years.

That'll give him plenty of time to step in to a recording studio.

A lot of folks recommended him due to old age and just old age, so I didn't add him.

I but he is suffering from a a combination of cancer that would have a perfectly healthy 20 something year old dead within weeks.

Think it's also worth a mention that when Michael goes, there'll no longer be any living recipients of the Soviet Union's highest WWII military award, the Order of Victory. Given his comparative youth to the rest of them, he's been the only surviving recipient since 1989.

• Like 2