Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Rauf Denktas, the first and founding president of the unrecognized Turkish Republic of North Cyprus from 1983 to 2005, has died at age 87.

Guest Guest

damn it you both beat me to it!

Rauf Denktash and any one of seven munchkins. (cross ref: Ideas and possibilities for 2006)

Dead.

regards,

Hein

Since no-one else has bothered mentioning the death of former US ambassador to the UK Henry Catto last week I may as well ..http://www.telegraph...enry-Catto.html

And now his predecessor as UK ambassador Charles Price has also died http://www.cbsnews.c...gan-dies-at-80/

Actually. he's the first miss of 2012...

David Atkinson former MP for Bournemouth East has died at the age of 71

Guest Guest

Former first lady of Germany Veronica Carstens (widow of former president  Karl Carstens) has died at 88 http://www.tagesscha...arstens104.html

tried to post this in the 'former first ladies' thread but wouldnt let me for some reason

Oscar Luigi Scalfaro, former President of Italy (1992-1999) has died age 93.

Me and Triple O both took a punt on former mayor of Swindon Rex Barnett this year, who was diagnosed with epithelioid mesothelioma last April. Apparently his tumour has "reduced slightly in size" after around four months of intensive chemo which, in my book, means that he's utterly fucked. He seems positive though. We'll probably never have use again to link to the Swindon Advertiser on this site, but there you go.

Interesting, Mr Cooley. I have no doubt Rex Barnett is in a pretty bad way, but I have less doubt about an obit. The news of his cancer whilst Mayor of Swinedon made BBC News, but now he's an ex-mayor, it's a bit of a gamble. Worth a try though.

The only other chap I would've put in in place of Barnett was John Skelton, paedophile and terminally ill chappie, but as the Northampton Chronicle was the only media outlet to report on Skelton, I don't hold out much hope he'll get a full-page broadsheet obituary, or anything else for that matter.

The only other chap I would've put in in place of Barnett was John Skelton, paedophile and terminally ill chappie, but as the Northampton Chronicle was the only media outlet to report on Skelton, I don't hold out much hope he'll get a full-page broadsheet obituary, or anything else for that matter.

Strangely enough, Skelton was on my long-list as well, being as I was born and grew up in the N-Town and saw his story spread across the front of the Chronicle and Echo when I went back to see my grandmother a few months ago, but being a low-end paedo who never made the national press didn't fill me with obit hope. Plus you know how these types from Northampton's eastern districts are like...

Guest Jeremiah P Thomson

A very fine man has passed away today I thought you folks might like to know about. Harry McPherson was chief speechwriter and advisor to President Lyndon Johnson from 1966 to 1969 and he passed today at age 82.He also happened to play a great game of golf, as I know to my cost.I got to know him quite well in his latter years. May he rest in peace. http://www.washingto...QDKR_story.html

Akihito's heart bypass 'a success'.