Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

The last Prime Minister of Yugoslavia Ante Markovic has died aged 97.

He was 'suffering minor cold symptoms'.

• Like 1

Diana Gould, who famously embarrassed Margaret Thatcher on an election phone-in in 1983, has died aged 85...

Diana Gould, who famously embarrassed Margaret Thatcher on an election phone-in in 1983, has died aged 85...

Thatcher: “One day, all of the facts,
in about 30 years time
, will be published.”

That's about 6 months away. Will Thatch hang on that long?

Thatcher: “One day, all of the facts,
in about 30 years time
, will be published.”

That's about 6 months away. Will Thatch hang on that long?

One would hope not.

The House Of Lords leave of absence register has been recently updated. Some of the peers listed below are absent for work related reasons, but others may have been reduced to such decrepitude that they are no longer able to function in Britian's upper chamber. Given the fact that many sitting peers look like they died several years ago, one can only imagine the physical or mental state of those who feel unable to take part.

I don't know when they will all die, but they will all get obituaries when their time comes

Apologies to HMBWA for the blatant theft of his idea of making posts more pleasing to the eye, I've gone for a slightly more gaudy colour combination and also opted for Trebuchet (in italics and bold, naturally) over Comic Sans.. :D

Lord Hutchinson of Lullington (95 year old lawyer and ex husband of the late Dame Peggy Ashcroft)

I was thinking of Hutch for a DDP team, and I see he retired from the House a couple of months ago. Possibly illness, more likely he just hears time's winged chariot hurrying near and he wants to escape the madhouse for the last rays of the setting sun.

Sounds like Argentina's president Christina Kirchener has thyroid cancer and will be having treatment next month.

Sounds like Argentina's president Christina Kirchener has thyroid cancer and will be having treatment next month.

I'd like to put her on my DDP mainly because she's a bitch. Sadly the cancer isn't terminal enough for my liking.

Interested to hear via Reuters that George McGovern was admitted to hospital suffering from fatigue. Now aged 89, I'm sure he has not featured on many people's radar of late.

He was also hospitalized earlier this month after falling and hitting his head prior to giving an interview

Yes, here's a bit of detail:

"Argentina's president Cristina Kirchner has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and will undergo surgery on January 4, her spokesman said in a statement.

Ms Kirchner, who was sworn in for a second four-year term earlier this month, was found to have cancer "on the right lobe of the thyroid gland" during a routine medical examination on December 22, said spokesman Alfredo Scoccimarro.

"The illness has been contained," he said, adding the cancer had not metastasized.

Tests carried out Tuesday showed the cancer had not spread to Ms Kirchner's lymph nodes."

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-28/argentine-president-diagnosed-with-cancer/3749768

Sounds like she'll pull through.

Kim geun- tae south korean politician has died of brain disease at 64 .

Some people are saying his death is bigger than kim jong il's other people are saying who is he ?

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Kim_Geun-tae

Kim geun- tae south korean politician has died of brain disease at 64 .

I don't doubt that being a politician is a brain disease. I didn't know it can be lethal.

Some people are saying his death is bigger than kim jong il's other people are saying who is he ?

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Kim_Geun-tae

I'm firmly in the "who?" camp. That's Who, not Hu.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

Vasily Starodubtsev,

One of the 'gang of 8' who tried to overthrow Gorbachev in the 1991 coup attempt has died at 80, leaving just 3 alive. http://lenta.ru/news/2011/12/30/away/ so at least Gorvachev has something to celebrate the day before the 20th anniversary of the USSR and his own demise

I have the first reported celeb death of 2012. Controversial Aussie politician Rex Jackson http://www.abc.net.a...aged-83/3754114

He died on December 31st

Former Governor for South Dakota, Bill Janklow is going back to the Mayo clinic for the last round of "experimental treatment"

He currently believes that he may have from 3 months to a year left to live

Former Labour MP for Stockton North Frank Cook has died of lung cancer aged 76. He was responsible for possibly my favourite moment of the expenses scandal, an attempt to claim back £5 he had put in a collection plate during a memorial service for the Battle of Britain.

• Like 1