Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

One of the last surviving members of Harold Wilsons cabinet Lord Richard Marsh has died at 83
Er, the link you posted is only available to paying subscribers of The Times! :banghead:
.Rupert Murdoch will curs e e for tdoing this but heres the article in full...

[Obit snipped for brevity]

Lord Marsh, Labour MP for Greenwich 1959-71, and chairman of British Rail 1971-76, was born on March 14, 1928. He died on July 29, 2011, aged 83

Think he's got slightly bigger issues to worry about right now. He certainly won't offer you a job as a proofreader

I don't know how Murdoch and his companies feel about copyright infringement, but I don't think we'll be sued anytime soon. Should, however, the Boss recieve nasty emails from company lawyers, I suppose the obit goes the way of all bits.

That said, this post was by far the most literate one notaguest wrote.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

One of the last surviving members of Harold Wilsons cabinet Lord Richard Marsh has died at 83
Er, the link you posted is only available to paying subscribers of The Times! :banghead:
.Rupert Murdoch will curs e e for tdoing this but heres the article in full...

[Obit snipped for brevity]

Lord Marsh, Labour MP for Greenwich 1959-71, and chairman of British Rail 1971-76, was born on March 14, 1928. He died on July 29, 2011, aged 83

Think he's got slightly bigger issues to worry about right now. He certainly won't offer you a job as a proofreader

I don't know how Murdoch and his companies feel about copyright infringement, but I don't think we'll be sued anytime soon. Should, however, the Boss recieve nasty emails from company lawyers, I suppose the obit goes the way of all bits.

That said, this post was by far the most literate one notaguest wrote.

regards,

Hein

The beauty of copy and paste

Sonia Gandhi has been diagnosed with cancer and is now in America for surgery.

Lord Boston, in with Wilson in 1964, out with him in 1970 and a life peer thereafter.

Former Finnish Prime Minister Harri Holkeri has died after a period of 'weakened-health'.

He co-chaired Northern Ireland peace negotiations and was made an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire by HRH.

He was 74.

It's been a bad day for former US governors as Mark Hatfield ,former governor of Oregon and 30 years a US senator has died aged 89

I could have sworn the fact that Canada's leader of the opposition had more different cancers than he's had hot Tim Hortons had been mentioned on here, but apparently. Anyway, Jack Layton is dead so any of you who were keeping that under your hat for next year's DDP, too late.

The assassination attempt in june of the President of Yemen has finally claimed a victim-the former prime minister Abdul Aziz Abdul Ghani (possibly a household name in Yemen!)

former German defence and finance minister Hans Apel has fallen off the tree

Notabad post this time notaguest. Even a bit of humour with the pun. Shame the link is in German, but we wont hold that against you. I might even reduce your warning level.

Former President of Vietnam Vo Chi Chong (1987-1992) has died at the age of 99. A hit for 2 teams of the DDP when and if the proper obit comes around.

Will this do?

Incidentally he was the oldest living former president or prime minister.Yitzhak Shamir moves up to 4th place so cant be long now...

I just realised he was President Cong..if he had been king he would have been King Cong! ^_^ (but he wasn't :scratchhead: )

Philip Gould, former General Secretary of the Labour Party and arguably the chief architect of New Labour, is dying of oesophagal cancer.

Should he last past 2011, he is an absolute shoo-in...

I was clicking on here to post exactly the same link when yours went live TMIB...totally agree, and he looks - just about - good enough to make it to 2012.

"Three months" plus the bonus month and a bit doctors allow a patient so they get to feel like they're a survivor.... yeah, February next year.

Aristides Pereira

The former President of the Cape Verde Islands has died aged 87. In 1975 he became the first president of the former Portuguese colony following its independence, serving until 1991.

Former Albanian leader Ramiz Alia has died aged 86.

He succeeded Enver Hoxha and was the country's last communist leader.

Guest Guest

Former tory MP and sports minister Iain Sproat has died

Former Chinese President Jiang Zemin (b. 1926)

Rumours are circulating that Jiang Zemin has died. Being China, I wouldn't expect much clarification either way for some conseiderable time.

'Frail', but alive.

• Like 1

Guest Hans Luthias

The last but one leader of East Germany Manfred Gerlach has died at 83