Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

45 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

That's incredible 18pts for Shameless (and probably the achievement of one of my goals in deadpooling for this year, being player of the month). Shameless is now at 78pts with 5 hits. A triple-digit score is in sight (on January 2nd I predictedca score of 105pts, see the DDP thread.)

Great job, man!

I believe you're now at 33 points for April, I'd be proud to pass on the Player-of-the-Month torch to ya.

• Like 1

A random observation I noticed, Heidi Loughlin, someone who tweets a lot, hasn't made a tweet since Sunday. This could mean nothing or this could lead into a decisive hit...

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

A random observation I noticed, Heidi Loughlin, someone who tweets a lot, hasn't made a tweet since Sunday. This could mean nothing or this could lead into a decisive hit...

I haven't tweeted for months. Does that mean nothing, or lead to a 'never heard of him' hit? 

• Like 3

Ah, it's usually different for those with terminal illness. Lack of social media often means that they're too ill to post. But I think your point is clever too. :lol: 

7 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

I haven't tweeted for months. Does that mean nothing, or lead to a 'never heard of him' hit? 

Can't. We already had a Deathlist miss with you back in 2013. :D

• Like 5

Kirsty Keep gets loads of local coverage in and around Kent. Her GoFundMe page is still well short of two thirds of her £100,000 target.

https://www.gofundme.com/8pnwn724

Facebooked posts suggests Ben Suisala passed away today...

A crucial hit for my chances if the obit arrives...

Re Ben Suisala half the first page when I chased his death on Firefox was dead pooling activity, including us.

No sign there he's even dead.

On 4/4/2017 at 14:50, Shaun of the Dead said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-mays-cruel-cuts-cost-10155652?ICID=FB_mirror_main : A 51 year old man called Alan has hit the headlines by protesting government cuts to bereaved families from his death bed.Has tonsil cancer that has spead to his lungs and chest.Dont know how useful he will be in any Dead Pool as he hasnt given a surname to the media.Might be good the Elizabethan Deadpool if he sticks around I guess.Risky obit chances though.

Victoria Derbyshire reports that 'Alan' has died.

https://twitter.com/vicderbyshire/status/858994354500882432

Ok, yes, according to Facebook he died (Ben Suisala). Since he lives in New Zealand, he might already have died in May, by the way.

If he obits, Shameless jumps to 2nd place. But I think he died "too late".

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ok, yes, according to Facebook he died (Ben Suisala). Since he lives in New Zealand, he might already have died in May, by the way.

If he obits, Shameless jumps to 2nd place. But I think he died "too late".

Hey, think of those of us who went for the kamikaze approach to the DDP this year. Three List of the Lost candidates already!

You weren't the only ones though ;). Sims barely obited and who knows what happens with Kobayashi, Singh, Perez, DDTs picks....

It just happened so that your risky picks died first.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

You weren't the only ones though ;). Sims barely obited and who knows what happens with Kobayashi, Singh, Perez, DDTs picks....

It just happened so that your risky picks died first.

I think Cameron-Blackie will obit but his other two are risky due to BBC local pages not counting anymore. I could do with Perez/Kobayashi/Singh living into 2018. The big four - Christie, Downie, Bracknell, Nevin - are all still breathing, which muddies the picture right now.

43 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Since he lives in New Zealand, he might already have died in May, by the way.

Actually, when I checked Facebook posts about Suisala's death last night, I calculated that the posts started flowing in at 9:00PM on April 30th, New Zealand Time. So he still died in April.

Which means, as I said in the DDP thread, that an obit would make Shameless one of the greatest Players of the Month ever, with 58 points!

• Like 1

Really??? Didn't DDT have some 70+ pts last year? But I'm not sure at all.

Edit: Ah, "one of the", not: "the". Yes, true. It's third place or something like that.

Record is DDT with 64, iirc.

25 minutes ago, msc said:

Record is DDT with 64, iirc.

Think Bert also got that the same month.

The UK’s longest-serving patient has died after spending 54 years in the same NHS hospital.

James Morris, a war veteran, was initially admitted with a broken leg in 1962 at the age of 21. However, he suffered a cardiac arrest on the operating table and was left in a vegetative state, meaning he never went home.  He passed away last month at the age of 75, and is thought to have spent the longest time in a single hospital across the entire NHS network.

About time he quit living off the working class, the goddamn remora.

SC

(Edit: Knowing the top drawer UK medical industry, they probably still are working on a diagnosis)

• Like 1

You had me hoping for a minute...

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Think Bert also got that the same month.

Actually, it was Crossing the Styx.

Don't know who they are on the forum, though.

His funeral (Ben Suisala) is going to happen on the 4th, so I think that's his last chance to obit. Otherwise, my team is screwed.

Polly Haydock, cancer mum and a Shameless reject, but picked by four DDP teams, gets more support from Peter Kay:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/peter-kay-live-blackpool-tickets-13046937

He already staged a charity show for her benefit which catapulted her into the news in the first place, now there'll be a second one next month.