Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

I just cannot fathom why this sort of thing is considered newsworthy.

"Brave inspiring person battles illness" has been a news staple ever since the corantos, it's nothing new.

• Like 2

It is an easy story to write for journalists as they just copy lots of regurgitated info.Also sensationalism sells.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

vulture-smiley-emoticon.gif Best I can find.

Added now... :vulture:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

It is an easy story to write for journalists as they just copy lots of regurgitated info.Also sensationalism sells.

i understand why the journos like it.  I just can't understand why anyone would want to read about it.

4 hours ago, Toast said:

i understand why the journos like it.  I just can't understand why anyone would want to read about it.

Morbid curiosity I suppose.

I fear Lisa maybe the Golden goal that sinks my chances in the Deathlist Cup.

On 2/9/2017 at 12:58, msc said:

On another note, no one did pick Pan Breed shortlister Dan13ll3 K3mp (the one even I didn't think I was enough of a cunt to pick)- her immunotherapy has resulted in extreme tumour necrosis, and it's stopped growing. She's not out of the woods by a long way, but I do genuinely wish her all the best.

She has sadly died.

Is it rude to hope that someone has died so they're out of their misery, cause that's how I feel about Magill right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joeyruss said:

Is it rude to hope that someone has died so they're out of their misery, cause that's how I feel about Magill right now. 

No it isnt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Death Impends said:

She has sadly died.

That is a shame.

According to multiple posts on Lisa Magill`s terminally fabulous page she has died in the last few hours.Official word from the family about 12 hours ago was that she had been sedated to the point of being comatose and out of pain so seems likely she has now died.

From her mom's FB page:

"Tonight at 11.50 our gorgeous girl was wrapped in the wings of an angel and joined her friends and family in heaven. Lisas passing was so peaceful, slipping away in her sleep without pain nor fear. 
Our hearts are shatter into a thousand pieces, Lisa was the most generous soul to walk this earth, she would do anything to make us happy. We were so blessed to have her in our lives.

We won't be posting on the Terminally Fabulous page until tomorrow as we just need time to get our heads around this.

Thank you so much for all your love and support at this tragic time. We are eternally grateful x"

4 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

From her mom's FB page:

"Tonight at 11.50 our gorgeous girl was wrapped in the wings of an angel and joined her friends and family in heaven. Lisas passing was so peaceful, slipping away in her sleep without pain nor fear. 
Our hearts are shatter into a thousand pieces, Lisa was the most generous soul to walk this earth, she would do anything to make us happy. We were so blessed to have her in our lives.

We won't be posting on the Terminally Fabulous page until tomorrow as we just need time to get our heads around this.

Thank you so much for all your love and support at this tragic time. We are eternally grateful x"

Very sad but at least she isn`t suffering anymore.

11 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Very sad but at least she isn`t suffering anymore.

q/o?

Nowt currently in The Mail - but surely it's only a matter of hours

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

q/o?

Nowt currently in The Mail - but surely it's only a matter of hours

None yet but bearing in mind it is currently 04:52 in Australia  that isn`t surprising.

RIP to her. Why did I ignore her instead of some other shameless types who made my team though. :banghead:

Really sad case though.

8 minutes ago, joeyruss said:

Sara Hankins is dead by the looks of it: http://www.trimblefuneralhomes.com/m/obituaries/Sara-Hankins/

Thanks for finding that.

I used to check her relatives' Facebook pages every other day for updates, but haven't done it in a while.

Obit chances: 5%

A bad DDP punt.

2 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Thanks for finding that.

I used to check her relatives' Facebook pages every other day for updates, but haven't done it in a while.

Obit chances: 5%

A bad DDP punt.

At least you didn't joker someone who may not obit. Not giving up on him yet though...

Ardent deathlist cup ghouls (like me) may have known of Julie and Mike Bennet, a couple who both died of cancer, just days apart. The grandfather of that family, Arthur Frost, has now also died of cancer:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grandad-brave-children-whose-parents-10030179

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Ardent deathlist cup ghouls (like me) may have known of Julie and Mike Bennet, a couple who both died of cancer, just days apart. The grandfather of that family, Arthur Frost, has now also died of cancer:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grandad-brave-children-whose-parents-10030179

He hasnt died .He was diagnosed with bowel cancer around xmas.